FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Latest Android version to feature native install to SD card function

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By khaotik, Member on 8th January 2017, 07:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone, I would love to know whatb was the last version of Android to feature native "install to SD card" function, before this adoptable storage bull****. are there good ROMs around here for the v500 based on this Android version?

12th January 2017, 02:07 AM |#2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotik

hello everyone, I would love to know whatb was the last version of Android to feature native "install to SD card" function, before this adoptable storage bull****. are there good ROMs around here for the v500 based on this Android version?

Native "install to SD" support was last available in Android 2.x, which was way before the v500 even came into the market. Starting with 4.x (ICS), SD card support was gradually crippled by Google, peaking in 4.4 (KitKat), where non-system apps were no longer able to write to the card at all. Android 5 brought back data (but not app) storage on SD, Android 6 brought adoptable storage. No, I don't like that concept either, but it is the way Google did choose.

There is no ROM which does what you want, and most modern apps don't like to be forced to SD either.
The Following User Says Thank You to hergen66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hergen66 Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 09:39 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Palmas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hergen66

Native "install to SD" support was last available in Android 2.x, which was way before the v500 even came into the market. Starting with 4.x (ICS), SD card support was gradually crippled by Google, peaking in 4.4 (KitKat), where non-system apps were no longer able to write to the card at all. Android 5 brought back data (but not app) storage on SD, Android 6 brought adoptable storage. No, I don't like that concept either, but it is the way Google did choose.

There is no ROM which does what you want, and most modern apps don't like to be forced to SD either.

thanks for the clear answer, much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)