[ROM][7.1.x][v500][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [Nightly]

Search This thread

Cal

Dec 25, 2013
This version does not work for my 5GHz (Netgear R6300, region:US), it was dropped out after flashed this ROM.
wifi_v2.zip of here (http://xdaforums.com/lg-g...3476750/page43) &
Test 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298920027
Works quite well
Where are you from? (Country).
It had been that some from one local will connect, but others so far, can't connect. We need to show what country we are in.
I am now in the US. Where are you btfree?
--------------------------------------------------
Check your country code by terminal:
Code:
iw reg get
or to set your country code by terminal:
Code:
iw reg set (country code here-2 letters)
Example: For me: iw reg set US

Last edited:

btfree

Apr 23, 2011
Where are you from? (Country).
It had been that some from one local will connect, but others so far, can't connect. We need to show what country we are in.
I am now in the US. Where are you btfree?
--------------------------------------------------
Check your country code by terminal:
Code:
iw reg get

I am located in Taiwan, bought the R6300 from US, it can only select region: North America (channel set 149).
iw reg get, shows
Code:
global
country 00: DFS-UNSET
Hope this helps.
But the 5Ghz's speeds(by Speedtest.net) are all relatively lower than the LG 4.4.2 stock ROM's.

Last edited:

davebuk

Jul 6, 2011
Bournemouth
Ok, here you have a new wifi test zip, and hopefully the last. It also contains the boot.img, so don't recommend it in other rom threads. Let me know how is the 5Ghz band, and also if you get wifi disconnects again (I had to revert some wifi changes).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298926210
Although my 5GHz was connecting, very recently it kept dropping the connection. I had to enable connection to my 2.4GHz for a stable signal.

Currently trying your wifi4 test and shows a good strong signal on 5GHz. Let's see how it holds up.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fefifofum

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
East Flanders Best Flanders

xelyt

Sep 17, 2012
Roma
Ok, here you have a new wifi test zip, and hopefully the last. It also contains the boot.img, so don't recommend it in other rom threads. Let me know how is the 5Ghz band, and also if you get wifi disconnects again (I had to revert some wifi changes).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298926210

Just flashed the zip and it seems that the annoying authentication issue on 5ghz is finally gone:cowboy:. I'll do more tests tomorrow and let you know if i get disconnects again.

Subbie171

Feb 22, 2010
My router is set to US with a different SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz. I set iw reg to US, rebooted but it reverts back to UNSET (00). Before rebooting it does not work.
I can see my 5ghz, and it saves but does not connect. Same behavior unpatched, patch v2 and v4.
Anything else I can try?

xelyt

Sep 17, 2012
Roma
After almost a day of intensive usage i can say that 5ghz now works but at first I was getting random disconnects and very slow speed (pages not loading etc.) so i changed gEnableAutomaticTxPowerControl from 1 to 0 in wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini and now it works fine.

Another thing: I did some research and found a zip containing wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini and WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin from stock 4.4.2 GPE. I compared both files with the ones we are using now and the .bin is exactly the same (so i assume we are now using kitkat wifi drivers right?) while in the .ini there are marginal differences and the most relevant ones are, in my opinion, gEnableAutomaticTxPowerControl=0 and McastBcastFilter=0.

I don't know if setting McastBcastFilter=0 instead of 3 changes something or not (i didn't try yet) but, at least for me, gEnableAutomaticTxPowerControl=0 seems to make my 5ghz more stable (i'll test 2.4 ghz tomorrow).

Last edited:

Cal

Dec 25, 2013
All seems solid here with both bands of wifi connecting and no disconnects. Very smooth and no drop connects by the default browser. Much better than before. Seems all wifi issues are fixed here.
Only change I made before this wifi "fix" was a change of gapps to open-nano.
Thanks fefifofum for solving our wifi band issues. Nice to have 5GHz stable and a stronger signal than before.

Last edited:

wizzardsk

Aug 16, 2013
Bratislava
People, do you know any gallery app that preserves all the cached thumbnails in 7.1.1 ROM like this? QuickPic and stock gallery permanently deletes all the thumbs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    • The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods, supersu. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
    • To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg). Without logs, bug reports will be ignored.
    • Kitkat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
    • Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install (any rom which is not official Lineage, incluiding Cyanogenmod).
    • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous official build of Lineage (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
    • Flash ROM and, optionally, Gapps and Root. Reboot.

Download links:

Other information:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    fefifofum, Deltadroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat bootloader (post 2)

Version Information

Created 2017-01-16
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    New build released

with root access enabled again in dev options. We'll probably get weekly official builds soon (but not before next week).
    Bootloader

This rom requires kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (latest official TWRP recommended):

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both. Root addon required (post 1).

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
    A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
    First build released

Lineage OS 14.1 is here! You can update from CyanogenMod 14.1 without wipes.

Know bugs: there is no boot animation, just the android logo.
    Official nightlies/weeklies available

Lineage official builds (nightlies/weeklies) are here (first post updated). For a correct transition from CyanogenMod or Lineage unofficial builds to Lineage official builds, you must follow this route:

CyanogenMod 14.1 >> Lineage unofficial build >> Lineage official experimental build >> Lineage official nightly buiId.

You must boot each build at least once before flashing the next one. Once you are on latest nightly you'll get ota updates.

WARNING: If you are on CyanogenMod 14.1 and don't install Lineage unofficial build before official builds, you'll get the secure boot error on splash screen. Just as a reminder, all this only needs to be done to avoid a factory reset, if you make a clean install you can directly flash latest official build.