FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[recovery][v500] CWM 6.0.5.1 (Open Bump Edition)

3,702 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,827

By Deltadroid, Recognized Contributor on 12th April 2015, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.5.1) Open Bump Edition for LG G Pad 8.3 v500. This custom recovery installation package is for v500 models only. Built from source on 2014-12-13 by Jenkins. This version of CWM 6.0.5.1 has been "bumped" so that loki tool is not required.

Installation: Flash zip file with any custom recovery and reboot into updated CWM recovery.

v500-CWM-6.0.5.1-20141213-recovery-bumped-signed.zip

MD5: 8c8593fc0fb8039949c0f06d48d97e4f

Note: An advantage to using the official CWM recovery with CM 11 is that the CWM recovery can be automatically updated with the CM Update tool, if enabled in the CM 11 developer options.

Manual Installation (first time installing custom recovery):

1) Gain root permission (ie; with Stumproot) and install SuperSU and Busybox.

2) Install Terminal Emulator or use ADB for opening up a shell (this example is using ADB).

Note: If using Terminal Emulator, make sure root access is given via SuperSU.

3) Download CWM installation zip file from the link above and manually extract it.

4) Copy recovery.img (contained in the CWM installation zip file from step #3) to /data/local/tmp on your LG G Pad 8.3 v500 tablet with either ADB or a root explorer application and install with "dd" command.
Code:
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

ls recovery.img

dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

exit

exit

adb reboot recovery
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
13th April 2015, 11:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
is this the touch version?
13th April 2015, 12:13 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
This is the latest official swipe version. It's not full touch.
13th April 2015, 12:33 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadroid

This is the latest official swipe version. It's not full touch.

are there any plans to port the touch version to the g pad?
13th April 2015, 12:36 PM |#5  

More
Not at the moment. This recovery was taken from the official nightly builds. I did not personally build it. I have only "bumped" the image and packaged it.
13th April 2015, 01:15 PM |#6  

More
only bumped roms or kernels works with bumped recoverys? what happens if i flash a normal rom?
13th April 2015, 01:19 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by auleu

only bumped roms or kernels works with bumped recoverys? what happens if i flash a normal rom?

Any rom or kernel can be installed with a bumped recovery. Although, some ROMs require that your aboot partition is from 4.2.2 so that loki will work so that the kernel can be installed (which has nothing to do with the recovery).
19th April 2015, 12:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Any rom or kernel can be installed with a bumped recovery. Although, some ROMs require that your aboot partition is from 4.2.2 so that loki will work so that the kernel can be installed (which has nothing to do with the recovery).

Installed this recovery following the instructions :
adb reboot recovery : my tablet didn't reboot to recovery but to system
then I boot into recovery using Titanium Backup (there's an option to boot into recovery in the menu)

I tried to install latest official CM12 nightly : error
tried with latest AOSP 5.1 too, same error

So I tried to toggle Loki in the CWM settings , same results.

Now I can't boot into system nor recovery : "Security Error"

Looks like I'm good to flash once again the stock rom...

Any tips to be able to install CM12 or AOSP 5.1 ?
19th April 2015, 01:13 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom2

Installed this recovery following the instructions :
adb reboot recovery : my tablet didn't reboot to recovery but to system
then I boot into recovery using Titanium Backup (there's an option to boot into recovery in the menu)

I tried to install latest official CM12 nightly : error
tried with latest AOSP 5.1 too, same error

So I tried to toggle Loki in the CWM settings , same results.

Now I can't boot into system nor recovery : "Security Error"

Looks like I'm good to flash once again the stock rom...

Any tips to be able to install CM12 or AOSP 5.1 ?

When you typed "adb reboot recovery", make sure you unplug the usb cable or it will not reboot into recovery.. this occurs with all versions of CWM.

When you install a ROM, make sure that your aboot partition is loki exploitable (from 4.2.2) or it will not be able to install the kernel. Most ROMs still use the loki method to install the kernel, which still requires the older aboot.
20th April 2015, 10:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

When you typed "adb reboot recovery", make sure you unplug the usb cable or it will not reboot into recovery.. this occurs with all versions of CWM.

When you install a ROM, make sure that your aboot partition is loki exploitable (from 4.2.2) or it will not be able to install the kernel. Most ROMs still use the loki method to install the kernel, which still requires the older aboot.

Ok, so I should flash the first stock rom before trying to install a recovery right ?

- Flash 1st stock rom
- Get root (I use towelroot)
- Install recovery with cmd
- Boot recovery and flash rom + gapps

Right ? (edit : OK, I managed to install AOSP 5.1 with theses instructions coming from stock V50010B)

I understood that there's 2 major exploit, loki and bumb.
4.4 = bumb only
4.2.2 = both ?

Isn't your rom (cm12) bumb enabled ? (edit : "Currently, all official CyanogenMod ROMs use loki tool to install the kernel on the LG G Pad 8.3 v500" )
20th April 2015, 12:58 PM |#11  

More
The current official nightly still uses loki so it still requires the 4.2.2 aboot. There is another thread about switching boot loaders which will also downgrade aboot with flashable zip. If the rom you are installing is pre bumped, then an aboot from 4.4.2 will work, but i still recommend downgrading aboot to 4.2.2 version for better compatibility with older roms and official cm.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)