FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[recovery][v500] CWM 6.0.5.1 (Open Bump Edition)

3,702 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,826

By Deltadroid, Recognized Contributor on 12th April 2015, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2015, 12:58 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
The current official nightly still uses loki so it still requires the 4.2.2 aboot. There is another thread about switching boot loaders which will also downgrade aboot with flashable zip. If the rom you are installing is pre bumped, then an aboot from 4.4.2 will work, but i still recommend downgrading aboot to 4.2.2 version for better compatibility with older roms and official cm.
24th June 2015, 03:51 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
so i installed the recovery, after i push the power button in the factory reset menu to load the recovery, the lg logo screen is very dark just like when youre in download mode, is this normal? i'm on kitkat bootloader
24th June 2015, 04:06 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by auleu

so i installed the recovery, after i push the power button in the factory reset menu to load the recovery, the lg logo screen is very dark just like when youre in download mode, is this normal? i'm on kitkat bootloader

Yes, that is normal.
24th June 2015, 04:19 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadroid

Yes, that is normal.

and if i install a rom and at the end says something like not loki exploitable does this mean that the rom is not bumped?
24th June 2015, 04:22 PM |#15  

More
Quote:

and if i install a rom and at the end says something like not loki exploitable does this mean that the rom is not bumped?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 04:38 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Yes

if i enable loki support in cwm can i install a non bumped rom ? or what does that setting do?
24th June 2015, 05:22 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

if i enable loki support in cwm can i install a non bumped rom ? or what does that setting do?

Enabling loki support in cwm is deprecated and wont do anything. The problem is that you need to downgrade your aboot so that the Rom you are installing can execute it's scripts properly. There is a thread here that provides flashable zip files to switch bootloaders. You will want to choose the bootloader package with the downgraded aboot if you want to install older ROMs that have not been updated to use bump yet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52910560
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 06:14 PM |#18  

More
does cwm have a rom size limit? im trying to sideload the stock lollipop rom with over 1gb size and gives error. failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'
24th June 2015, 09:00 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

does cwm have a rom size limit? im trying to sideload the stock lollipop rom with over 1gb size and gives error. failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'

This recovery is probably better suited for lollipop

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61363260
24th June 2015, 09:14 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

This recovery is probably better suited for lollipop

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61363260

i've installed that one, it worked but didnt tried sideloading it, instead i copied it to sdcard. also its strange that cwm dosent have mount sdcard option
The Following User Says Thank You to auleu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift auleu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)