FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][v500][CM12] Cyanogen Recovery

3,702 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,827

By Deltadroid, Recognized Contributor on 14th March 2015, 04:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cyanogen Recovery (20150313) for LG G Pad 8.3 v500. This custom recovery installation package is for v500 models only. Built from source on 2015-03-13 by Jenkins.

Installation: Flash zip file with any custom recovery and reboot into updated Cyanogen recovery.

v500-cyanogen-recovery-20150313-signed.zip

MD5: 7c63b9ecb88eb4bd49a7ef56e1ff137e

Note #1: An advantage to using the official Cyanogen Recovery with CM 12 is that the Cyanogen Recovery can be automatically updated with the CM Update tool, if "update recovery" is enabled in the CM 12 developer options.

Note #2: Cyanogen Recovery *requires* properly signed flashable zip packages in order for them to pass the signature verification integrity check and complete the install process. Below is an example of how flashable zip file packages must be signed in order to pass the verification integrity check within the Cyanogen Recovery:

Code:
java -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 GApps.zip GApps-signed.zip
Notice that the "-w" option is required for properly signing zip file packages with signapk.jar.

Manual Installation (first time installing custom recovery):

1) Gain root permission (ie; with Stumproot) and install SuperSU and Busybox.

2) Install Terminal Emulator or use ADB for opening up a shell (this example is using ADB).

Note: If using Terminal Emulator, make sure root access is given via SuperSU.

3) Download Cyanogen Recovery installation zip file from the link above and manually extract it. Also, download the loki_tool binary from https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/archive/master.zip. The loki_tool binary is found in the "bin" folder of loki-master.zip after the file is extracted.

4) Copy recovery.img (contained in the Cyanogen Recovery installation zip file from step #3) and the loki_tool binary (contained in the loki-master.zip file from step #3) to /data/local/tmp on your LG G Pad 8.3 v500 tablet with either ADB or a root explorer application and make loki_tool executable.
Code:
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp

adb push loki_tool /data/local/tmp

adb shell

su

chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/loki_tool
Note: Since the command "su" was entered, the shell has root permissions to proceed.

5) Patch the recovery.img into recovery.lok using loki_tool:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/data/local/tmp/aboot.img

/data/local/tmp/loki_tool patch recovery /data/local/tmp/aboot.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.lok
Note #1: At this point in the installation procedure, there have been no permanent changes to the system. If there is an error or warning while patching recovery.img and creating recovery.lok, then stop this manual installation procedure. In most cases, the problem is that the version of aboot.img found on the device is probably not exploitable with loki_tool. This manual custom recovery installation procedure must be started over again from the beginning after flashing a loki exploitable aboot.img to the device (downgrading firmware should help).

Note #2: If recovery.lok is created successfully without any errors or warnings, then continue with the final step. The shell should still be open with root (su) permissions enabled from the previous steps.

6) Flash recovery.lok file with loki_tool and reboot to new custom recovery.
Code:
/data/local/tmp/loki_tool flash recovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.lok

exit

exit

adb reboot recovery
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
15th March 2015, 06:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Thumbs up
I understand this is official recovery, but what format is it?
Is it like TWRP?

Thank you for your great work! I'm now back from 'unofficial' releases to official.

Cal
15th March 2015, 06:06 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
It's just like cwm, but for cm12.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
15th March 2015, 06:08 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
The only caveat is that all the packages you install must be signed properly to pass verification process.The signing signature is used like a md5sum to check the integrity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 06:00 AM |#6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I have an LG GPAD V410 Verizon that boots only to recovery. One of the things I did to try to get out of it was to install cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO23D-v410. From this I got a Cyanogen Recovery. Now adb devices command tells me that my Windows 7 computer is unauthorized for the tablet. I tried a factory reset and reboot and was still unauthorized. I thought if I got back to twrp, i could unlock adb. I used zipme apk to make TWRP_2.8.5.0_v410_bumped.img into a flashable zip, but it flunked Cyanogen's security check. All of the ways to get out of this involve using adb, like http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...ts-to-t3094137. I either need a way to get the proper signature on the zip file to install twrp, or I need a way to get adb authorized for my Windows 7 machine. Help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)