Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2019, 11:35 AM |#221  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus.corax

Please bear with me on this. I am trying to move a friends V500 from stock 4.4.2 to Lineage 14, because it's at the point where he can't run some apps he likes. I am a Samsung user, so this LG is a challenge for me. Sorry for sounding so dumb in this post, but it is different with Samsungs because they are unlocked. You just use Odin on the PC to install TWRP, then flash the zips with that. I've never done the LG way before.

In reading the opening post, I see that before I flash TWRP (I assume the latest, right?) I have to do something with the bootloader and those instructions are confusing me. Do I leave the original KitKat bootloader or do I have to put in something else?

The instructions in the OP say Warning: builds for v500 require kitkat bootloader and a few lines down it says:
Device source (v500): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_v500
So, is that the file I have to install?

When it says to flash TWRP from recovery, is that the stock recovery, after the bootloader issue is dealt with?

Thanks for your patience.

Is your friend's v500 rooted? If not then that's the first thing to do. If it is then just install the Official TWRP app and then use that to install TWRP. The details for the app method are here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)