FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][7.1.2][v521][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 LG G-Pad X 8.0 v521[Nightly]

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 152
 
By HighRidas, Senior Member on 16th April 2017, 06:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.


All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo.

Install instructions:
* Reboot into recovery
* Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install (any rom which is not official Lineage, including Cyanogenmod).
* No wipes required if you're updating from a previous official build of Lineage (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
* Flash ROM and, optionally, Gapps and Root. Reboot.


Download links:
* OfficialROM: https://download.lineageos.org/v521 [nightly]
* Gapps: Open GApps
* Root: https://download.lineageos.org/extras [su (arm)]


Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information
Status: Nightly

Last Updated 2017-04-28
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HighRidas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighRidas Ad-Free
 
 
17th April 2017, 04:35 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have flashed your build and all is well so far except for the Developer Options isn't accessable. I only use this for the Advanced reboot options and root access options. Any way to get this accessable or should I wait for the next build? Thanks
18th April 2017, 09:07 AM |#3  
HighRidas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksronny

I have flashed your build and all is well so far except for the Developer Options isn't accessable. I only use this for the Advanced reboot options and root access options. Any way to get this accessable or should I wait for the next build? Thanks

The past couple of builds somehow broke the Developer Options. Im going to guess and say it has something to do with the code for 7.1.2 being merged as there have been a lot of things changed in the Settings repo. Ive been trying to use older Settings and Developer apks but none have worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to HighRidas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighRidas Ad-Free
18th April 2017, 09:09 AM |#4  
HighRidas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
I have narrowed down the boot issue to the sepolicy file inside the ramdisk.
The Following User Says Thank You to HighRidas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighRidas Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 04:41 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
On the latest build developer options is just a white blank screen. . Now I can't figure out how to get into recovery mode, I usually just boot into recovery through adb but I can't use adb without turning on USB debugging
20th April 2017, 03:11 AM |#6  
HighRidas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmark78

On the latest build developer options is just a white blank screen. . Now I can't figure out how to get into recovery mode, I usually just boot into recovery through adb but I can't use adb without turning on USB debugging

no need to wipe if coming from previous nightly. if u dnt wipe u can keep ur adb and root options without needing to go into developer settings.

to get into recovery hold vol. down and power until the LG screen appears
then let go of the power button ,while still holding the vol dwn. count 1sec then press and hold power again.

you will be brought to a screen asking if u want to favtory reset press yes then yes again.

it will not wipe anything but it will then reboot in recovery
21st April 2017, 06:14 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
New build up. Going to work you magic
22nd April 2017, 10:21 AM |#8  
HighRidas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munns86

New build up. Going to work you magic

Unfortunately the older ramdisk isn't going to work with the new builds as they're 7.1.2. We're going to have to wait until the issue is found and fixed in the source. Ive tried every workaround i can think of ive gotten it as far as a bootloop with the device being recognized in adb, monitor etc. going to try and debug see if i can figure out why its looping.
Looks like the last workung nightly is going to be 04/14, for now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighRidas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighRidas Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 01:05 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRidas

Unfortunately the older ramdisk isn't going to work with the new builds as they're 7.1.2. We're going to have to wait until the issue is found and fixed in the source. Ive tried every workaround i can think of ive gotten it as far as a bootloop with the device being recognized in adb, monitor etc. going to try and debug see if i can figure out why its looping.
Looks like the last workung nightly is going to be 04/14, for now.

Well thanks all the same. You've done great work. We've pretty much handed the answer to the maintainer that you've found and they still have done nothing.
26th April 2017, 03:08 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i'm keep getting update error. update completes around 45%.. then E:unknown command in red... anyone knows what to do? it goes to boot screen, then blank screen... does not boot.
28th April 2017, 07:59 AM |#11  
HighRidas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphakp295

i'm keep getting update error. update completes around 45%.. then E:unknown command in red... anyone knows what to do? it goes to boot screen, then blank screen... does not boot.

Try re-downloading sounds like a corrupted file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes