12th January 2016, 12:36 PM |#571  
Recognized Developer
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 14,167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvoid_66

Thanks for your reply. But I cannot boot my tablet it does not load OS and does not load recovery...
Can I do the dd method?

then you are kind of scre*** .. you need to start over and flash 4.4.2 kdz.. theres plenty tutorials in how to flash them.

if need any more help, send me a PM, and we will speak in our native language, to be easier.

regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2016, 04:44 PM |#572  
Flag Santo Tirso
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Still getting random SD unmounts.
Other than changing the card is there anything else I can try?
1st February 2016, 12:27 PM |#573  
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuita

Still getting random SD unmounts.
Other than changing the card is there anything else I can try?

If you want it to work without any drawbacks then no, there's no option.

You can use the attached script (not my work - I've modified it slightly from this) and set it up so it runs at boot, either via init scripts (beware you'll have to put SELinux on permissive for that) or via a Tasker Device Boot profile. The drawback to it though is that, while you won't see SD unmounts anymore, battery usage will suffer a lot - it will go down by about 8% per hour with the device on stand-by. So you'll really want to keep it plugged in a power source as much as possible.

However, I want to further corroborate previous reports (like this one) that the G Pad will work with no SD card unmounts if you get a Samsung Evo+ SD Card - I got mine last week, disabled that script I was using, and it has been working wonderfully ever since without any SD unmounts. Just take care to get the Evo+ (plus) model - there's also a "non-plus", plain "Evo" model, but these WILL have SD unmount problems (first-hand experience).

disableC3pwst.zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cronot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronot Ad-Free
1st February 2016, 10:25 PM |#574  
Flag Santo Tirso
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I'll check those SD cards. Between that and huge battery loss the choice is clear.
2nd February 2016, 10:47 PM |#575  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Before everybody runs to buy Samsung Evo+ cards, I want to say that I permanently run a Sandisk Extreme 16GB card with this ROM on my V500 and never experienced any unwanted unmounts.

FYI, users of A1 SD Bench app are complaining about the performance of Evo cards. Check the app itself, too, it might help pinpoint whatever is wrong with your cards -- my hunch is lack of compatibility of larger capacity cards...

EDIT: commenting on ncguy68 below, I had to add that I've been on KK bootloader ever since I moved to CM12.1, as recommended by the dev.

Tapatalked from my V500
3rd February 2016, 08:02 PM |#576  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I always got sd card dismounts while using the kit kat boot loader. They never happened with the jelly bean boot loader.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium
19th May 2016, 12:28 PM |#577  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
can i use this rom as primary rom for multirom?
the kernel have the kexec hardboot patch?

in multirom thread in the download section are the:
Kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch (CM 12.1): kernel_kexec_v500_cm121_20150608.zip
but seem an old version 2015-06-08...
if the default kernel don't have the patch can i use this or are a too old version?
26th May 2016, 11:49 PM |#578  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsifal968

if the default kernel don't have the patch can i use this or are a too old version?

Since you posted this question in 4 different threads and got no answer I'd day make a backup and try your luck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA-Developers mobile app
27th May 2016, 12:00 AM |#579  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,827

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsifal968

This kernel does not have the kexec hardboot patch. I would also recommend not using an old kernel from cm12.1 with this ROM, because it might not boot up.

Fefifofum posted a link to his kernel source on the op so you can see which patches are included.

---------- Post added 27-05-2016 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 26-05-2016 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68

I always got sd card dismounts while using the kit kat boot loader. They never happened with the jelly bean boot loader.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium

It's the sdcard, not the bootloader. Different sdcard drivers might help reduce the unmounts for a little while, but I'm afraid you need a newer sdcard to completely fix the issue.
22nd January 2018, 01:41 AM |#580  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Sorry for reviving this rather old thread, but the ROM download link in OP is dead. I googled extensively but got nowhere...

I still have the 20150921 build archived, but I missed the latest 20151124. Can anyone provide a working link, please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)