FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][6.0.x][v500][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 [20161107]

627 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,840

By fefifofum, Senior Member on 28th November 2015, 04:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
  • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
  • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install. Delete the .android_secure folder in external sdcard too.
  • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if you're updating from a previous build of cm-13.0.
  • Flash ROM and Gapps.
  • Reboot.

Download links:
Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
fefifofum, Deltadroid
Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2015-11-28
Last Updated 2016-11-07
The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 04:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Bug reports:

Explain how to reproduce the bug and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (like xposed) or third party kernel.

Known bugs
  • IR Blaster doesn't work.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) Why is wifi always on in battery stats, even if it was disabled?
A) Go to Settings > Location > press on the 3 dots (top right) > scanning > disable wifi.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 04:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Bootloader

This rom is meant to be used with kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (official TWRP recommended):

V50020F Bootloader: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707804

* Some stock based roms flash bootloader files without the user being aware of it. So just to be safe, I recommend everybody to flash the above zip to make sure that you are using all the correct bootloader files.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 07:41 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,826

More
The installation went perfectly on a clean installation.

Huge thanks!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deltadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deltadroid Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 08:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Same here installation is fine. Any way to make my sdcard work without a format?
28th November 2015, 10:44 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukguy115

Same here installation is fine. Any way to make my sdcard work without a format?

yes, select portable storage.
28th November 2015, 10:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Tried portable storage but said it was corrupt. Bit the bullet and formatted, had a backup so no biggie. ROM working great though.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
28th November 2015, 10:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:

Tried portable storage but said it was corrupt. Bit the bullet and formatted, had a backup so no biggie. ROM working great though.

Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
28th November 2015, 11:46 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

Same here.

I had no problems and did not need a reformat using portable storage.
28th November 2015, 11:52 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

There are two ways you can use your sdcard in marshmallow, as external storage or as emulated internal storage. Only the second one should require to format the sdcard.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

Same here.

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. You could try deleting the .android_secure folder in your external sdcard from recovery. That could be the reason why it says your sdcard is corrupt.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 12:50 AM |#11  
Flag Itabira - MG
Thanks Meter: 194

More
And I just did a clean installation of the latest CM12.1 today...
Thanks a lot @fefifofum! Downloading! I guess I'll go to sleep later tonight!
The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderBolt_BR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ThunderBolt_BR Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)