[ROM][6.0.x][v500][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 [20161107]

Search This thread

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
[/SIZE]

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
  • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
  • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install. Delete the .android_secure folder in external sdcard too.
  • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if you're updating from a previous build of cm-13.0.
  • Flash ROM and Gapps.
  • Reboot.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
fefifofum, Deltadroid
Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2015-11-28
Last Updated 2016-11-07

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Bug reports:

Explain how to reproduce the bug and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (like xposed) or third party kernel.

Known bugs
  • IR Blaster doesn't work.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) Why is wifi always on in battery stats, even if it was disabled?
A) Go to Settings > Location > press on the 3 dots (top right) > scanning > disable wifi.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.

Last edited:

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Bootloader

This rom is meant to be used with kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (official TWRP recommended):

V50020F Bootloader: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707804

* Some stock based roms flash bootloader files without the user being aware of it. So just to be safe, I recommend everybody to flash the above zip to make sure that you are using all the correct bootloader files.

Last edited:

ukguy115

Jun 18, 2008
Tried portable storage but said it was corrupt. Bit the bullet and formatted, had a backup so no biggie. ROM working great though.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Same here installation is fine. Any way to make my sdcard work without a format?

There are two ways you can use your sdcard in marshmallow, as external storage or as emulated internal storage. Only the second one should require to format the sdcard.

Tried portable storage but said it was corrupt. Bit the bullet and formatted, had a backup so no biggie. ROM working great though.

Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. You could try deleting the .android_secure folder in your external sdcard from recovery. That could be the reason why it says your sdcard is corrupt.

Fenomeno-Tony

Dec 6, 2014
I tried to run Antutu but everytime it stops at 76%.
And adding a profile picture doesn't work.

Last edited:

ukguy115

Jun 18, 2008
Two minor things maybe; is a clear all recents button available somewhere and I can't turn off keyboard/touch sounds, I turn off the toggle but they are still on.

Darkmasterhk

Dec 28, 2012
There are two ways you can use your sdcard in marshmallow, as external storage or as emulated internal storage. Only the second one should require to format the sdcard.

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. You could try deleting the .android_secure folder in your external sdcard from recovery. That could be the reason why it says your sdcard is corrupt.

I too needed to format my sdcard (in portable mode) maybe filesystem related? I had an exfat fs now its fat32.

Last edited:

mackeev

Jan 3, 2014
Installed yesterday. Enjoying now! Just great! Gamma is much better than in the two recent 12.1s.
Can't figure, though, how to make voice input work. There is a mic icon on keyboard... but nothing happens. Can live with that.

DSC05

Portable storage works for me. I experienced some sd dismounts as on cm12.1. But in contrast to cm12.1 the external sd doesn't remount by itself. So I have to make reboot...
Otherwise everything seems work smooth and stable. Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
I tried to run Antutu but everytime it stops at 76%.
And adding a profile picture doesn't work.

That's caused by the adreno blobs from flo 6.0 used in this first release. Now I updated them from latest qcom release and the 3d test in antutu doesn't fail anymore. So tomorrow I will release a new build with that issue fixed.

Two minor things maybe; is a clear all recents button available somewhere and I can't turn off keyboard/touch sounds, I turn off the toggle but they are still on.

I think that the first issue you mention is an upstream bug, we have to wait for it to get fixed.

I too needed to format my sdcard (in portable mode) maybe filesystem related? I had an exfat fs now its fat32.

That could be related to android_secure folder in external sdcard, but I need someone to erase it from recovery and confirm if that solves the issue. If that is the case, what I really need to fix is TWRP, which should erase android_secure folder when you do a factory reset.

Installed yesterday. Enjoying now! Just great! Gamma is much better than in the two recent 12.1s.
Can't figure, though, how to make voice input work. There is a mic icon on keyboard... but nothing happens. Can live with that.

Gamma should be exactly the same as in my builds of cm-12.1. About voice input, it's probably an upstream bug too.

Portable storage works for me. I experienced some sd dismounts as on cm12.1. But in contrast to cm12.1 the external sd doesn't remount by itself. So I have to make reboot...
Otherwise everything seems work smooth and stable. Thanks for your hard work!

Maybe the new storage approach used in marshmallow makes the sdcard not to remount automatically, no idea since I don't have unmounts. I'm sure someone else will confirm this in the following days. This post is interesting, you should read it, maybe the easiest workaround is to use a different sdcard. What brand, capacity, class... is the sdcard you are using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    [SIZE="2"]* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    [/SIZE]

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
    • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install. Delete the .android_secure folder in external sdcard too.
    • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if you're updating from a previous build of cm-13.0.
    • Flash ROM and Gapps.
    • Reboot.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    fefifofum, Deltadroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2015-11-28
    Last Updated 2016-11-07
    A small teaser of what is coming next. Sensors are not working, and mac address is wrong. The rest is working fine, but we'll have to wait for stable builds.

nCQwaTp.png

EDIT: got sensors working, only wifi mac and bluetooth address to fix.

EDIT 2: fixed wifi mac and bluetooth address too.
    Bug reports:

Explain how to reproduce the bug and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (like xposed) or third party kernel.

Known bugs
    • IR Blaster doesn't work.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) Why is wifi always on in battery stats, even if it was disabled?
    A) Go to Settings > Location > press on the 3 dots (top right) > scanning > disable wifi.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
    A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
    @fefifofum
    Found the tablet powered off again, switched it on and generated a last kmsg but it's empty! Used the Andy Log app.

EDIT :
    Just had a Wi-Fi drop. Here is the logcat. The kmsg is empty.
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57bcca2052c0f/logcat-.txt

You probably need to provide root acces to the app to get kmsg and last_kmsg. Without logs I cannot know what's the problem and I cannot reproduce it.

@fefifofum, will you going to support V500 for next CM14 android version?
    You are doing an amazing work full supporting this tablet, and we thank you.

Yes, of course, but it will take around two months before it's usable/stable.
    New build released

with lots of kernel changes (rebase from april), new blobs from Nexus 7 and updated GPU files.