FORUMS

[ROM][7.1.x][v500] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 (Nightly)

627 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,840

By fefifofum, Senior Member on 8th November 2016, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
  • The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods, supersu. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
  • To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg).
  • KitKat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.

Install instructions:
  • Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
  • Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install.
  • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous build of CM 14.x (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
  • Flash ROM and Gapps. Reboot.

Download links:
Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
fefifofum, Deltadroid
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 2)

Version Information

Created 2016-11-08
Last Updated 2016-12-13
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
8th November 2016, 07:58 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Bootloader

This rom requires kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (latest official TWRP recommended):

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
8th November 2016, 07:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fefifofum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fefifofum Ad-Free
8th November 2016, 09:22 PM |#4  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Works great. Email app still not running.

LiveDisplay works
8th November 2016, 10:38 PM |#5  
Flag Lubbock, TX
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fefifofum

Bug reports:

cm-14.1 is in active development and still not considered stable. Please, try to focus on device specific bugs and don't complain about CM bugs or missing features. If you found a (device specific) bug, explain how to reproduce it and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (xposed, supersu, third party kernel).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.

Will this thread be folded into your CM 14.0 thread as a current ROM update for the V500 or do you intend to have them continue as separate threads altogether? Just curious. And thank you very much for your continued development for our little tablets!
8th November 2016, 10:47 PM |#6  
Flag East Flanders Best Flanders
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Flashed over CM14.0 and it's working great so far. Only the free space measurement is a bit off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161108-224343.png
Views:	1556
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	3930700  
The Following User Says Thank You to GXGOW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GXGOW Ad-Free
8th November 2016, 11:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW

Flashed over CM14.0 and it's working great so far. Only the free space measurement is a bit off

Yeah, got the same Problem.

Also, battery gets charged super slow. Even with the charger pluged in, it can't keep or increase the charge while display active. Like an earlier build of the previous cm14 for this device.
Had one unexpected reboot while moving apps on the homescreen.

But overall it is damn smooth already. Thanks for keeping this device alive!
9th November 2016, 12:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
CM got battery percentage working again, cosmetic but it was driving me crazy.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
9th November 2016, 02:44 AM |#9  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 17

More
My SDCARD is still ro
9th November 2016, 04:04 AM |#10  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Sdcard is now OK for me. However, titanium is hanging during restore for 2 out of 3 apps
9th November 2016, 03:52 PM |#11  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I had to do a full wipe. Now SDcard works for me too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)