[ROM][7.1.x][v500] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 (Nightly)

Search This thread

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Does anyone else have a problem playing back videos captured by the Screen Recorder application? It seems that the mp4 files get created in /sdcard/movies/screencast/, but they are very small and unplayable.

Edit:
http://pastebin.com/CcGSwzmr

Edit2:
I think this is a problem for devices with legacy camera support enabled (media.stagefright.legacyencoder=true) because it is working for devices that do not have legacy camera support enabled.

Edit3:
I have talked to the developer of the Recorder app and we have verified that legacy camera support is not the issue with the Screen Recorder. The problem is with our device's media configs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukguy115

xelyt

Sep 17, 2012
Roma
@fefifofum

I was trying to get HD Netflix as described here but a widevine L1 support is needed. According to this commit we are using widevine libs from bullhead (L1 capable) so i checked DRM with an app but it reports widevine L3 instead of L1. Is there a way to get L1?

Reactions: meanoc

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
cm-14.1 abandoned

As most of you know, there won't be be any more builds of cm-14.1. Instead we have Lineage 14.1 now, so I'll open a new thread with unofficial builds and later use it for automated official builds. You can all update from cm-14.1 to lineage-14.1 without factory reset.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official cm-14.1 builds for v500

Thanks @blunden I became CM maintainer for the gpad. I created the cm-14.1 repos from awifi-dev and we already got accepted for cm-14.1 nightlies, so I'll soon update the first post and use this same thread for official builds. I think it's great news for us, and a big help for me. The only difference with my builds will be the device codename, it will change from awifi to v500.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    • The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods, supersu. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
    • To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg).
    • KitKat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
    • Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install.
    • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous build of CM 14.x (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
    • Flash ROM and Gapps. Reboot.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    fefifofum, Deltadroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 2)

Version Information

Created 2016-11-08
    Last Updated 2016-12-13
    First official build released

Thread updated for official builds. You can download latest nightly from here. Manually install from twrp (latest build recommended, released today). OTA updates and factory reset from cm settings won't work for a couple more releases. Enjoy!
    This comes up here from time to time.

Again, TL;DR is: he has applied / tried contact with CM guys multiple times. Got no response. Has since gave up on getting official status.

So, unless you have some special contact within the powers that be, I'd suggest you let it go. It's CM's loss anyway not having such a high quality device build on their roster, and the only loss for us is that we don't have automated / nightly builds (which for my part I don't care anyway - I much prefer periodic builds by the maintainer with some relative expectancy of stability, as opposed to the occasional breakage of nightly builds).
    Being a part of the CM team (the community side), I do indeed have "some special contact within the powers that be". ;) It's regrettable that he never got a response and it is likely because there is a long backlog on the devrel emails currently.

In fact, while typing this response I got him approved already so he has received an email with details if he wants to accept it. :)
    cm-14.1 abandoned

As most of you know, there won't be be any more builds of cm-14.1. Instead we have Lineage 14.1 now, so I'll open a new thread with unofficial builds and later use it for automated official builds. You can all update from cm-14.1 to lineage-14.1 without factory reset.