FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G Stylo (T-Mobile/MetroPCS) ROOT (5.0.2 & 5.1.1 ) - TWRP Recovery - Unbrick Guide

1,746 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,397

Post Reply Email Thread
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
WARRANTY IS NOW AVOID IF YOU PROCEED WITH ROOT AND TWRP

Windows Machine/OS Only

----------- Lets Proceed on to Rooting LP 5.1.1 (One Click Method) -----------
1- Click Here and Download LGGSTYLO_LP511_OneClickRoot.zip File

2- Click Here and Download LG USB Drivers ( Thanks @GameTheory. )
"NOTE: skip Drivers if you have them already install"

4- Enable USB Debugging via Developer Option.

5- Decompress LGGSTYLO_LP511_OneClickRoot.zip on Root C: drive for easy access or any convenient location.

6- Now lets head over where we decompress that zip file and just double " LG_Root_Script.bat "

7- LET the script run to FULL COMPLETION, Your Device will Reboot twice so be patient.
IF YOU HAVE YOU DEVICE WITH LOCKSCREEN CODE / SWIPE CODE NEED TO UNLOCK SCREEN ON EACH REBOOT FOR THE SCRIPT TO PROCEED
Check Image for the whole process - CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT

8- when the process say
Code:
 ui_print - Done !
press Ctrl+C
press N then ENTER

( Check Image - CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT )

- And you are done your device is now Rooted

- Phone will Reset and you need to wait till phone is fully Rebooted to system it may take a few minutes so be patient.

NOW YOU CAN PROCEED TO FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS METHOD ONLY WORKS IF YOU ARE IN LP 5.0.2
----------- Lets Proceed on to Rooting LP 5.0.2 -----------

First of all Thank you @avicohh for LG One Click Root GUI/Script base on his Guide I Have successfully Rooted the Stylo using and Following some steps from there just adding some thing you may see in the progress of rooting:

Original LG One Click Root Guide and File Download -CLICK HERE-

After getting all necessary files this is what i did
1- Install LG drivers if they are not installed yet. (VERY IMPORTANT)

2- Download the LG One Click Script Root file above and extract to some folder. (double click on the 7z exe file)

3- Enable Usb debugging on your phone. (Go to Settings > General > About phone > Software information, tap Build number seven times and then go to Settings > Developer options and turn on Usb debugging) (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT STEP)

4- Connect your phone to pc. (it will install driver when connected just wait till is done)

5- Switch to MTP when drivers are full install

6- Double click on the LG Root Script.bat file (the Script will run)

7- Follow the instructions.

*Please leave your feedback if it worked for you

Many Many Thanks to @avicohhfor the LG One Click Root

P.S. I'm not a Dev. I just followed the original guide and the only thing i haven't install is Custom Recovery.

If you came across some Fail attend messages just wait a few more seconds, if that doesn't work try again in my case the first try work and 2 fail attends messages came up so just wait a few sec. if that happen

BE PREPARED. First boot can take a while!!! can stay on logo for up to 3 to 5 minutes or sometimes little more before it goes into Optimizing Apps. Have patience. Subsequent boots a pretty speedy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TWRP (Custom Recovery) for LG G Stylo T-Mobile (H631) and Metro (MS631) Variant ONLY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Download Custom Recovery File from TWRP 2.8.7.0 v10j Click HERE (Thank you @Unjustified Dev and @fix-this! )

After Rooting your device (T-Mobile or Metro Variant)

1- Check -Enable OEM Unlock- under Developer Option (Skip this part if you are 5.0.2)
2- download Flashify from Google Play Store
3- Open Flashify.
4- Do a Stock Recovery Back-up (Recommended)
5- Flash Recovery Image.
6- Will ask to Reboot System and will take you to TWRP Custom Recovery.
7- Now you are done just Reboot System from Recovery or do a FULL BACK-UP

NOTE : This New TWRP (Custom Recovery) have the new fix (Showing Half Screen only) for the new LG G Stylo Hardware Panel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G Stylo Update Firmware | Unbrick Guide by @GameTheory.

IF YOU ARE USING @GameTheory. v10i UPDATE ZIP DON'T FLASH v10j UPDATE ZIP , I REPEAT DON'T FLASH v10j UPDATE ZIP YOU'LL END UP WITH BOOTLOOPS/SOFT BRICK

Just Follow step from link below - Thank you @GameTheory.
http://androidcreations.weebly.com/lg-g-stylo.html

Every KDZ Release for T-Mobile and Metro can be found here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...z-tmo-t3152531

Full v10j Stock Restore / Update
Use this guide if you are on @GameTheory. v10i
or want to deleted all trace of root and twrp (Back to Stock)

Full v10j Stock Restore / Update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-30-17-44-45.png
Views:	13336
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	3340353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-15-14-25-23[1].png
Views:	13522
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3362784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-15-14-25-31[1].png
Views:	13268
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3362785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-15-13-11-52[2].png
Views:	11878
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	3362786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-15-13-41-06[1].png
Views:	10704
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	3362787   Click image for larger version

Name:	TmobileH631v10i.png
Views:	8576
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	3446178   Click image for larger version

Name:	metroMS631v10i.png
Views:	8336
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3446179  
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to DrakenFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrakenFX Ad-Free

31st May 2015, 02:55 PM |#2  
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 714

More
i just picked up the tmob version yesterday, nice device. not the greatest screen ive had but not bad. im also rooted, we just need twrp so we can use xposed.
31st May 2015, 06:40 PM |#3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
waiting on TWRP
As previously posted, I am also waiting on a conduit to get xposed installed.. a device without it and all the benefits it brings feels unreal to me..
The Following User Says Thank You to Timberwolfhusky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timberwolfhusky Ad-Free
31st May 2015, 07:04 PM |#4  
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 714

More
Battery Full
i think we need to ask xda to make a dedicated section for this device. the battery life is unreal on this thing, my lcd has been on and in use for almost 10min and i have not dropped even 1%.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fix-this! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fix-this! Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 12:49 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

i think we need to ask xda to make a dedicated section for this device. the battery life is unreal on this thing, my lcd has been on and in use for almost 10min and i have not dropped even 1%.

+100 on that (Battery life + dedicated section for the phone) i have to agree with the battery life pretty neat and i'm sure is because CPU is doesn't have higher clock and screen is not so power hunger, other thing i'm satisfied is the memory management no matter what i do i haven't seen going lower than 1gb of ram always i been having between 1.2gb to 1gb free never had that before so pretty neat and i do have a lot of apps install most of them run in the background,

How can be make a request about making a Dedicated Section for the LG G STYLO? where do i need to sign if that happen i'll be posting some Bootanimations for this phone porting some old ones i created for the G2 and probably making some new ones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrakenFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrakenFX Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 01:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I am pretty impressed with the device. I just bought it for my wife, which she doesn't care what phone I give her as long as it doesn't break the bank. Not able to do that with any of the flagships. Decided to give it a try risking not having the dev support. Hopefully more people takes the risk so we can have custom roms to play for. (not sure if my wife would like that) LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to boynas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boynas Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 02:00 AM |#7  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Ah, good, a T-Mobile Stylo thread. I just posted my thoughts in the thread for the Boost (Sprint) version, but anyway, I'm mostly liking this phone (except that the camera app doesn't offer manual exposure controls). I'm not sure I'm going to root mine just yet (hell, I still haven't rooted my Avant!), but it's nice to see that a root is available.
1st June 2015, 04:35 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
i'll leave this here First Custom Boot Animation for the Stylo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP5EZfmE-oQ
The Following User Says Thank You to DrakenFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrakenFX Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 10:05 PM |#9  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 35

More
This is really a Lollipop issue, rather than a problem with the phone itself, but I found that the Embware call blocker (which disappeared from Google Play, go figure) doesn't work on the Stylo. It turns out, most of the call blockers out there aren't working on Lollipop.

What I particularly want is a pickup/hangup type of block, so Rachel from Card Services can't even leave a voicemail. I had this capability with the Embware blocker on the KitKat-equipped Galaxy Avant, even before I got around to rooting it. It looks like Google tweaked Lollipop to prevent pickup/hangup blockers from working. #&^%$%^!!!

Extreme Call Blocker claims to work on L, but I'm wary of forking over the cash for it.

There is a built-in reject list under the Call Settings menu, but it's just a straight-to-voicemail reject. I don't want to waste my time deleting spam voicemails, though Visual Voicemail is at least quicker than calling in.

I suppose I could just call T-Mobile and see if they could turn off voicemail entirely. That would at least make the native call blocker useful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Tables For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobby Tables Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 11:53 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolfhusky

i found this post to open a new phone section if we show support for the STYLO we may get a Section for it and people can just go there for Q&A, Themes,Dev work and so on, i know the Phone still brand new in everyone eyes but early support doesn't hurt :P

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1660354

P.S. @Timberwolfhusky you are the only person not in Boost Mobile thread so
The Following User Says Thank You to DrakenFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrakenFX Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 03:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I'm considering buying the Stylo. Is it going to get a lot of support or is it mostly about flagships G3/G4 these days?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-g-stylo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)