LG G2 - OTG + Charging Working

Search This thread

jdotfite

Dec 30, 2013
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression no one has successfully gotten the LG G2 to charge and work in OTG mode simultaneously.

I have a cheap OTG hub from Amazon (B00FWS4P06) plugged into my phone and I have my Fiio E10, 64GB micro sd card and a mouse attached and it is charging. I believe the trick is related to the "smart charging" option in the Cloudy G2 rom. I tried plugging in my co-workers stock LG G2 and it gave a charger error with a red X on the battery icon. With the smart charging turned off on my phone, the hub seems to only want to charge my phone.

I am still trying to figure out the details, but I believe I can confirm it is possible to charge and use OTG. I am reading a file from the SD card and playing it back on my DAC at the movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moribus

aToS88

Mar 14, 2009
Hi, can you try it with other roms, like BlissPop or DarkoBas? Would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Moribus

Apr 19, 2011
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression no one has successfully gotten the LG G2 to charge and work in OTG mode simultaneously.

I have a cheap OTG hub from Amazon (B00FWS4P06) plugged into my phone and I have my Fiio E10, 64GB micro sd card and a mouse attached and it is charging. I believe the trick is related to the "smart charging" option in the Cloudy G2 rom. I tried plugging in my co-workers stock LG G2 and it gave a charger error with a red X on the battery icon. With the smart charging turned off on my phone, the hub seems to only want to charge my phone.

I am still trying to figure out the details, but I believe I can confirm it is possible to charge and use OTG. I am reading a file from the SD card and playing it back on my DAC at the movement.

Keep us updated.

e.kayzerov

Jun 8, 2015
Just read forum and did not find an suggestion - how can G2 works with USB flash drive, charging at the same time, maybe its simple to change kernel like in nexus7?

OTG specification talk about 120kohm resisto between 4 & 5 pin for Sams devices, 68kohm for Son, but what about LG?

p.s. now try to make an OTG cable using default microUSB to USB connector + external microUSB stick but no device is founded, think the answer is cable resistance..

1elf1

Jun 2, 2008
Guys,

Dorimanx implemented this feature in his kernel in older versions (7/8)...
OTG + Charging should work on any ROM with Dorimanx Kernel, confirmed by me on Cloudy 2.1.

*Attached is Kernel-Dorimanx-V7.1-KK-[14-04]-[22-08]-LG-D802-PWR-CORE. Worked perfect for me with otg and charging on cloudy rom. All credidts to Dorimanx for his great work!

Last edited:

OmTatSat

Feb 5, 2013
Hello, where i can get v7.1-kk kernel for f320?

I tried near 20 kohm between 4 and 5 legs of microusb otg. If set higher then 20 kohm will get charging, if lower otg worked, but i can't get worked them bouth simultaneously. i get worked my xiaomi m1s otg and charging simultaneously near at 22kohm.
I tried kernels v10.9 and v9.8 and can't get worked otg and charging bouth simultaneously.

Any help regards.

OmTatSat

Feb 5, 2013
Guys,

OTG + Charging should work on any ROM with Dorimanx Kernel, confirmed by me on Cloudy 2.1.

*Attached is Kernel-Dorimanx-V7.1-KK-[14-04]-[22-08]-LG-D802-PWR-CORE. Worked perfect for me with otg and charging on cloudy rom. All credidts to Dorimanx for his great work!

What kind of otg cable do you use, what resistance between 4 and 5 legs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

Thanx, can I use last kernel's version - 10.7, is it support OTG + charging?

Not sure, give it a try. I can assure it worked for me on V7.1.