[Mod][KK][LP] True Stereo Mod for LG G2 [All Variants]

Search This thread

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
This mod is brought to you by @langeveld024, vPro97 and roboMr.Burns! If you like it, make sure you thank one of their posts as well ;)

Surround Sound/True Stereo MOD for the LG G2

TO INSTALL THIS MOD ON LOLLIPOP: USE THE MANUAL INSTALLATION METHOD! THE APP IS ONLY FOR KITKAT.

This MOD requires ROOT

What is this?
This is an app that allows the phone to use the earpiece in combination with the loudspeaker to play sounds and music, thus resulting in a true stereo-like effect. The app has a set of modified mixer-paths.xml files which are used to enable the true stereo mod and gives you he option to choose between clockwise (cw) rotation and counter-clockwise (ccw) rotation of the device, depending on how you normally rotate your device.

Is it safe?
Yes, but make a backup before starting. I've been thoroughly testing it on my LG G2 running OptimusG3 1.4.1 and CloudyG3 2.1, Pardus HD Sensation Black and Stock. I tuned the sound to what I think the earpiece can handle without getting damaged. The earpiece is very clear and produces wonderful sound, but it's not that loud at all.
Other members of this fantastic community have tested the MOD on LiquidSmooth 4.0 (Lollipop) and on Stock LG firmware and reported that it works flawlessly! So yes, at this stage, it is safe to say that is

Installation instructions
1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP - or make sure you know how to get your device back to a working state in case it gets stuck in a boot loop!
2. Install the Mixer App and grant it root permissions.
3. You will be greeted by the following interface:
first.png

second.png

Choose whether you want CW or CCW rotation. If you normally rotate your device to the left (so that the earpiece is on your left side), choose CCW. NOTE: For CloudyG3 Users you choose the opposite of this.
If you normally rotate your device to the right, so that the earpiece is on your right, choose CW. (CCW for CloudyG3 users!)
3. Press enable Stereo and reboot your device.
General piece of recommendation - Use this mod in conjunction with dorimanx kernel, as dorimanx kernel allows you to tune the loudspeaker volume easily using STweaks. You may need to turn down the volume quite a bit (-11 in STweaks makes the sound very balanced) to avoid the loudspeaker overruling the earpiece. But then you'll really notice power of this mod, cf. this picture:
t9um1u.jpg

Test the mod
To test if this works see: Left/Right Stereo Audio/Visual Test.: http://youtu.be/dvqbq_0jZ_U

I don't like this, what do I do?
Open the Mixer App again and tap the "Disable" Button. Reboot and you're good to go!

Downloads:
Version 1.8 Download here

Mirror

Enjoy

XDA:DevDB Information
LG G2 Stereo Mod, Device Specific App for the LG G2

Contributors
vPro97, langeveld024, roboMr.Burns, dorimanx, 60nine

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.8
Stable Release Date: 2015-01-01

Created 2014-12-31
Last Updated 2015-01-19

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Alternative installation method

1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP - PLEASE! Please make a nandroid so you can restore your phone in case it goes sour! I may be able to provide a flashable zip in the future, but till then, make a nandroid!
2. Copy your current mixer_paths.xml from /system/etc to somewhere safe then download mixer_paths.xml.
3. Move it to /system/etc and give it 644 permissions. 644 permissions looks like this:
xxo
xoo
xoo
4. Reboot and enjoy surround sound.
General piece of recommendation - Use this mod in conjunction with dorimanx kernel, as dorimanx kernel allows you to tune the loudspeaker volume easily using STweaks. You may need to turn down the volume quite a bit (-10 in STweaks) to avoid the loudspeaker overruling the earpiece. But then you'll really notice the mod!

Downloads
OptimusG3, AOSP and Stock LG ROMS Surround Sound mixer_paths.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/so1ej15xkyrh8kp/mixer_paths.xml?dl=0
CloudyG3 Stereo Sound mixer paths: https://www.dropbox.com/s/so1ej15xkyrh8kp/mixer_paths.xml?dl=0

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Going to try it out tomorrow!
When the media volume is set to max, how noticable is the earpiece volume?
Thanks!

If you use dorimanx kernel and tweak the loudspeaker volume to - 10, you will get an idea of how loud it gets =)
It can't get as loud as the loudspeaker but it's definitely loud enough for every day usage.

Reactions: RevolcFael4

KaiJun

Aug 23, 2011
nujiak.com
Currently on CM12 with Render Kernel and using Mixer14.apk, and it is not working. Both CW and CCW is not producing sound in the earpiece and the loudspeaker is as normal.

Before there was the mixer app, there was the mixer-paths.XML which we used to replace the one in /system/etc/ . During that time, media playing works perfectly with stereo, but during phone calls, the earpiece is set on a permanent high volume and cannot be set down, so it was impossible to put the phone to the ear.

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Currently on CM12 with Render Kernel and using Mixer14.apk, and it is not working. Both CW and CCW is not producing sound in the earpiece and the loudspeaker is as normal.

Before there was the mixer app, there was the mixer-paths.XML which we used to replace the one in /system/media/ . During that time, media playing works perfectly with stereo, but during phone calls, the earpiece is set on a permanent high volume and cannot be set down, so it was impossible to put the phone to the ear.

Thank you for reporting this. Which device model do you have?

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
so this will be the main thread for this mod from now on?
if yes - please ask mods to lock the other one in "themes & apps" to avoid confusion...

hny all

Yup, I think sreeprajay is on it ;)

Would it be possible to adjust volume without stweaks ?for stock kernel

Not in it's current state. I'm still trying to figure out how to modify the volumes from an app easily and in real time (like with dorimanx kernel), but we'll see.

I would love it if you could send me your original mixer-paths.xml for me to look at it, please.

Happy new year.

am2006

Nov 5, 2013
after I test it on YouTube , nothing change, sounds come from only bottom speaker, I'm on G2CloudyStock rom, Am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod is brought to you by @langeveld024, vPro97 and roboMr.Burns! If you like it, make sure you thank one of their posts as well ;)

Surround Sound/True Stereo MOD for the LG G2

TO INSTALL THIS MOD ON LOLLIPOP: USE THE MANUAL INSTALLATION METHOD! THE APP IS ONLY FOR KITKAT.

This MOD requires ROOT

What is this?
    This is an app that allows the phone to use the earpiece in combination with the loudspeaker to play sounds and music, thus resulting in a true stereo-like effect. The app has a set of modified mixer-paths.xml files which are used to enable the true stereo mod and gives you he option to choose between clockwise (cw) rotation and counter-clockwise (ccw) rotation of the device, depending on how you normally rotate your device.

Is it safe?
    Yes, but make a backup before starting. I've been thoroughly testing it on my LG G2 running OptimusG3 1.4.1 and CloudyG3 2.1, Pardus HD Sensation Black and Stock. I tuned the sound to what I think the earpiece can handle without getting damaged. The earpiece is very clear and produces wonderful sound, but it's not that loud at all.
    Other members of this fantastic community have tested the MOD on LiquidSmooth 4.0 (Lollipop) and on Stock LG firmware and reported that it works flawlessly! So yes, at this stage, it is safe to say that is

Installation instructions
    1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP - or make sure you know how to get your device back to a working state in case it gets stuck in a boot loop!
    2. Install the Mixer App and grant it root permissions.
    3. You will be greeted by the following interface:
    first.png

second.png

Choose whether you want CW or CCW rotation. If you normally rotate your device to the left (so that the earpiece is on your left side), choose CCW. NOTE: For CloudyG3 Users you choose the opposite of this.
    If you normally rotate your device to the right, so that the earpiece is on your right, choose CW. (CCW for CloudyG3 users!)
    3. Press enable Stereo and reboot your device.
    General piece of recommendation - Use this mod in conjunction with dorimanx kernel, as dorimanx kernel allows you to tune the loudspeaker volume easily using STweaks. You may need to turn down the volume quite a bit (-11 in STweaks makes the sound very balanced) to avoid the loudspeaker overruling the earpiece. But then you'll really notice power of this mod, cf. this picture:
    t9um1u.jpg

Test the mod
    To test if this works see: Left/Right Stereo Audio/Visual Test.: http://youtu.be/dvqbq_0jZ_U

I don't like this, what do I do?
    Open the Mixer App again and tap the "Disable" Button. Reboot and you're good to go!

Downloads:
    Version 1.8 Download here

Mirror

Enjoy

XDA:DevDB Information
    LG G2 Stereo Mod, Device Specific App for the LG G2

Contributors
    vPro97, langeveld024, roboMr.Burns, dorimanx, 60nine

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-01

Created 2014-12-31
    Last Updated 2015-01-19
    Alternative installation method

1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP - PLEASE! Please make a nandroid so you can restore your phone in case it goes sour! I may be able to provide a flashable zip in the future, but till then, make a nandroid!
    2. Copy your current mixer_paths.xml from /system/etc to somewhere safe then download mixer_paths.xml.
    3. Move it to /system/etc and give it 644 permissions. 644 permissions looks like this:
    xxo
    xoo
    xoo
    4. Reboot and enjoy surround sound.
    General piece of recommendation - Use this mod in conjunction with dorimanx kernel, as dorimanx kernel allows you to tune the loudspeaker volume easily using STweaks. You may need to turn down the volume quite a bit (-10 in STweaks) to avoid the loudspeaker overruling the earpiece. But then you'll really notice the mod!

Downloads
    OptimusG3, AOSP and Stock LG ROMS Surround Sound mixer_paths.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/so1ej15xkyrh8kp/mixer_paths.xml?dl=0
    CloudyG3 Stereo Sound mixer paths: https://www.dropbox.com/s/so1ej15xkyrh8kp/mixer_paths.xml?dl=0
    Small App Update
    Please add to OP ;)
    Changelog:
    -cleaned up Popup notifications
    -removed help button, since it was for an old version
    Wow amazed u guy's made an app of my mod!! Really cool :thumbup::cool:
    App doesn't open on Cloudy g3 2.1 dalvik dalvik.
    All I see is a toast that it's been granted root access.

Tried re-installing after clear data, issue persists
    Please try and install busybox and make sure you have access to the Internet. In addition I have some Server issues. I can fix them on sunday/monday when I have physical Access to my Server. Please be patient;)
    -Next release will have an log to make Troubleshooting a little easier.