Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

You will tell us that after test
I hope so.

Sent from my LG-D802

I will gladly put my phone on the line again.
Let's do this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to je2854 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift je2854 Ad-Free

26th October 2014, 09:49 PM |#212  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 4,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2854

@dorimanx even xdabbeb's version?

Version of?
26th October 2014, 09:54 PM |#213  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 1,242

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastagator

Version of?

Um camera binary?
26th October 2014, 10:41 PM |#214  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:

Version of?

ROM... specially 2.2.0 (26a based)

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Oh you guys....
Files themselves do not care of the file system type.
So the binaries would totally be out of the question lol
27th October 2014, 01:15 AM |#215  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this version support unlocking/flashing to a CM11 encrypted data partition?
27th October 2014, 01:26 AM |#216  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 4,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2854

ROM... specially 2.2.0 (26a based)
---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------
Oh you guys....
Files themselves do not care of the file system type.
So the binaries would totally be out of the question lol

Of course the files don't care what FS All that matters is installer script is set correctly and that kernel can mount partitions. Once mounted, away it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaom2

Does this version support unlocking/flashing to a CM11 encrypted data partition?

Recovery should support that. However, I never had any luck using MTP (or otherwise accessing /data) when I had /data encrypted.
The Following User Says Thank You to blastagator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blastagator Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 01:49 AM |#217  
Flag Utrecht

More
Finally managed to flash this version, just to try, due to a very unstable CM11 after enabling encryption. TWRP 2.8.0.1 does not support unlocking the encrypted volume. This one does. I had to copy the zip to /system using root explorer in order to flash it. After creating a temp mount to /data and /sdcard using the steps outlined here: https://www.bfccomputing.com/updatin...ypted-devices/

Sideload is not working *at all* in the stock 2.8.0.1. Have not tried it with this version, yet. Looks like I'm in a much better position now that I have a working recovery again. Thanks! I might actually be able to do a Factory Reset now .
27th October 2014, 02:18 AM |#218  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:

Of course the files don't care what FS All that matters is installer script is set correctly and that kernel can mount partitions. Once mounted, away it goes!

I wanna use @xdabbeb ROM but be use imgs inside to install and not regular /folder system... Any suggestion?
27th October 2014, 09:21 AM |#219  
Flag Utrecht

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaom2

Finally managed to flash this version, just to try, due to a very unstable CM11 after enabling encryption. TWRP 2.8.0.1 does not support unlocking the encrypted volume. This one does. I had to copy the zip to /system using root explorer in order to flash it. After creating a temp mount to /data and /sdcard using the steps outlined here: https://www.bfccomputing.com/updatin...ypted-devices/

Sideload is not working *at all* in the stock 2.8.0.1. Have not tried it with this version, yet. Looks like I'm in a much better position now that I have a working recovery again. Thanks! I might actually be able to do a Factory Reset now .

The device didn't get any more stable after reflashing the firmware while the device is encrypted. Can't find anything of use in the logcat, device just randomly reboots (kind of like the current one+one issues), I tried removing encryption using this version of TWRP, but that fails with:

E:Unable to mount /data
E:Unabe to wipe '/data/' -- unknown file system 'auto'
E:Unable to format to remove encryption
Updating partition details
E:Unable to mount storage

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Finally got the encrypted partition formatted manually by issuing: make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p35

From the TWRP terminal directly. Won't be enabling Device encryption on a LG G2 CM11 any time soon :S. Argh!
27th October 2014, 01:21 PM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Sorry if this has been answered before, can I still use this version of TWRP even if I don't want to format to F2FS and want to keep ext4?
27th October 2014, 02:27 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy

Sorry if this has been answered before, can I still use this version of TWRP even if I don't want to format to F2FS and want to keep ext4?

This version just has the new mounts allowed, it will not auto convert your filesystem.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tmanschuette For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tmanschuette Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)