OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 4,371

Donate to Me
More
Dec 8, 2014
-Created custom l01f kernel config.
-Built and added l01f variant.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blastagator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blastagator Ad-Free

9th December 2014, 05:44 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
i have vs980 and i put phone in download mode and flashed the 4.4.2 26a stock kdz file
so i think that i have a kitkat bootloader and 26a bootstack correct?

how do i install the twrp 2.8.2.0 with thermal throttling?
can i just install latest supersu from within twrp to get root?
9th December 2014, 06:32 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by en11gma

i have vs980 and i put phone in download mode and flashed the 4.4.2 26a stock kdz file
so i think that i have a kitkat bootloader and 26a bootstack correct?

how do i install the twrp 2.8.2.0 with thermal throttling?
can i just install latest supersu from within twrp to get root?

Go to Settings then "About Phone" and look at Baseband Version to confirm you are on 26a. You should also be able to confirm you are on kitkat.

Then Root the phone. (If you already have TWRP then phone is rooted). Check root status by using Root Checker app.

Stump Root will permit you to root the VS980 with 26a bootstack
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...rizon-t2850906

Or you can revert back to 24 and use ioroot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797190
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53238491

After root, install Supersu. and BusyBox Pro.

Download TWRP 2.8.2

Then install Flashify and flash TWRP using Flashify Zip file.

Good Luck
9th December 2014, 10:17 PM |#504  
Flag Kissimmee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredq

Go to Settings then "About Phone" and look at Baseband Version to confirm you are on 26a. You should also be able to confirm you are on kitkat.

I don't think you meant this, but to avoid confusion --- Baseband is not indicative of which bootloader you have. There really isn't a way to know which BL you have unless you extract it and compare the md5s.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blastagator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blastagator Ad-Free
10th December 2014, 12:36 AM |#505  
Flag Ames
Thanks Meter: 887

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastagator

I don't think you meant this, but to avoid confusion --- Baseband is not indicative of which bootloader you have. There really isn't a way to know which BL you have unless you extract it and compare the md5s.

Very true. Before bump, most are using the jb bootloader with KK baseband. Vs980 12b bootloader with 26a baseband for example.

Nexus 7 5.0.0_r6 LRX21T
10th December 2014, 01:51 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
The difference between kk bootloader and jb bootloader is that if I boot to twrp by turn off the phone, then press power + vol down, when LG logo appears, just release and press them again, wait for the phone comes to scary question screen (do you want to format the phone and all your data will be deleted? )
- in jb I press power two times to boot to twrp
- in kk I have two option yes/no, I press vol up and down to move between options, and press power to choose
Thats an easy way to find what bootloader you're on, for vs980 variant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to su660ics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift su660ics Ad-Free
10th December 2014, 02:32 AM |#507  
Flag New Albany, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by su660ics

The difference between kk bootloader and jb bootloader is that if I boot to twrp by turn off the phone, then press power + vol down, when LG logo appears, just release and press them again, wait for the phone comes to scary question screen (do you want to format the phone and all your data will be deleted? )
- in kk I have two option yes/no, I press vol up and down to move between options, and press power to choose

Does KDZ 26A gets u KK bootloader? I've KDZ 24A and did OTA to 26A (as well as used XDABBEB 26A bootstack) and I'm still on JB bootloader.
10th December 2014, 02:36 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
very good info from you guys.
i guess what is kind of confusing is this.
24a and 26a are both kitkat and both have the exact same bootloader?
im guessing yes
the basebands / modems change of course
but people are calling it the "bootstack" and really its just a modem isnt it?
the "26a bootstack" = only the modem right and not the bootloader?
10th December 2014, 02:47 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thanks for this information. I thought that with modem (baseband) you would know which bootloader you would have..... When flashing the XDABBEB 26A bootstack I thought I would be on KK. However, running the JB and KK test that su660ics suggested revealed that I am on JB and not KK. I learned a lot here.... always do.... Thank You!
10th December 2014, 02:48 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyT

Does KDZ 26A gets u KK bootloader? I've KDZ 24A and did OTA to 26A (as well as used XDABBEB 26A bootstack) and I'm still on JB bootloader.

Sure if you kdz to 26A then you get the KK bld thing but no need to kdz. End of first post in xdabbeb's rom there's a package for bump bootloader, if you are on xdabbeb rom you can flash that, there's an already-bumped-xdabbeb-kernel thing in that package so you can have everything in one package. If you are not on his rom, then you need to flash the bumped kernel (dori kernel comes in mind) or you'll get bootloop
Only one thing, after flash xdabbeb's bumped package, you have to re-flash blastagator's twrp 2.8.2.0, because twrp version baked inside xdabbeb's package is an old version
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to su660ics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift su660ics Ad-Free
10th December 2014, 02:53 AM |#511  
Flag Kissimmee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by su660ics

This is an excellent point! I noticed this earlier but forgot to post. A+++
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blastagator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blastagator Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)