[TWRP][3.3.1-0][BUMP][All Models] TWRP w/ Thermal F2FS [2019.12.23]

Search This thread

pattonsj

Sep 8, 2013
2.8.5.1 is building for all. I tested on my d800. Don't really notice any difference, but I'm sure TWRP didn't change settings for no reason.

Still waiting for anyone to confirm encryption working?
2.8.5.0 asks for password but will not decrypt. If I hit cancel at the password it will bypass but is still encrypted. I can go into Mount and at the bottom it gives me the option to decrypt data but when I enter password it says e:unable to mount settings storage during gui startup.

Reactions: troublekick

joedajoester

Aug 11, 2012
I'm confused about the Loki and Bump'd situation. If I am still going to flash Loki'd roms, is it OK if I use the latest bump'd twrp, or will I run into issues when flashing Loki roms?

bloof

Jul 2, 2014
I'm confused about the Loki and Bump'd situation. If I am still going to flash Loki'd roms, is it OK if I use the latest bump'd twrp, or will I run into issues when flashing Loki roms?

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

1. Start with the bootloader which does not change when flashing ROM.
JB=loki => works with bump/loki TWRP and/or bump/loki kernel
KK=bumped => bump everything

2. If you have KK bootloader, bumped TWRP, bumped kernel and flash a ROM with a loki'd kernel then just flash a bumped kernel straight after before reboot (one that works for your new ROM of course); or revert to JB bootloader and loki, i can't remember right now in which order (ROM first or bootloader first)

Last edited:
Reactions: dredq

joedajoester

Aug 11, 2012

If i undetstand correctly the recovery, kernel and bootloader need to match.

JB=loki
KK=bumped

2. Have a recovery that is either bumped or loki'd depending on your bootloader.

3. Have a kernel that matches, but normally a bumped kernel will also work on JB/loki, but not the other way round.

4. If you have KK bootloader, bumped TWRP, bumped kernel and flash a ROM with a loki'd kernel then just flash a bumped kernel straight after before reboot (one that works for your new ROM of course); or revert to JB bootloader and loki, i can't remember right now in which order (ROM first or bootloader first)

Thanks for the quick responce, but I am still confused if I can use the latest twrp to flash Loki Roms? In one of the change logs it says bump works on jb and Kk boot loader. I just wanna make sure because I don't like messing with recovery.

Sunandroid

Retired Recognized Contributor
Feb 25, 2014
BE
Thanks for the quick responce, but I am still confused if I can use the latest twrp to flash Loki Roms? In one of the change logs it says bump works on jb and Kk boot loader. I just wanna make sure because I don't like messing with recovery.

If you are on JB bootloader it doesn't matter if recovery, kernel, both or none are bumped. You can use bumped recoveries on JB bootloader in every way.
@bloof you were wrong. ;) Because the exploits (loki and bump) work pretty different, bump doesn't influence loki in any way. The other way round it's a bit more complicated... ;)

Last edited:

mj56gt

Feb 18, 2011

If i undetstand correctly the recovery, kernel and bootloader need to match.

JB=loki
KK=bumped

2. Have a recovery that is either bumped or loki'd depending on your bootloader.

3. Have a kernel that matches, but normally a bumped kernel will also work on JB/loki, but not the other way round.

4. If you have KK bootloader, bumped TWRP, bumped kernel and flash a ROM with a loki'd kernel then just flash a bumped kernel straight after before reboot (one that works for your new ROM of course); or revert to JB bootloader and loki, i can't remember right now in which order (ROM first or bootloader first)

Thanks a lot for the information!

Just got an LG G2 D800 with stock ROM 4.4.2 with kernel version of Kernel version 3.4.0 and D80020y. I just flashed CM12 with Blackbird kernel on TWRP 2.7.0. Sorry for the basic questions. What bootloader do I have? Should I update my TWRP regardless what ROM and kernel I may try in the future? How to update TWRP? Flashing the .zip file in the current (old) TWRP? Thanks in advance!

bloof

Jul 2, 2014
If you are on JB bootloader it doesn't matter if recovery, kernel, both or none are bumped. You can use bumped recoveries on JB bootloader in every way.
@bloof you were wrong. ;) Because the exploits (loki and bump) work pretty different, bump doesn't influence loki in any way. The other way round it's a bit more complicated... ;)

I changed my original post. Can you double check?

I wrote a more spoon feeding guide on dorimanx kernel thread for each situation (when he introduced bump), just can't find it :)

Last edited:

bloof

Jul 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for the information!

Just got an LG G2 D800 with stock ROM 4.4.2 with kernel version of Kernel version 3.4.0 and D80020y. I just flashed CM12 with Blackbird kernel on TWRP 2.7.0. Sorry for the basic questions. What bootloader do I have? Should I update my TWRP regardless what ROM and kernel I may try in the future? How to update TWRP? Flashing the .zip file in the current (old) TWRP? Thanks in advance!

To check bootloader:

1. Switch off phone completely

2. Boot to recovery woth hardkeys
- voldown+power then voldown+power = JB

- voldown+power then voldown+volup = KK

3. For your future ROMs it is up to you, depends on the ROMs. keeping JB bootloader is more forgiving in my opinion.

Reactions: mj56gt

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
To check bootloader:

1. Switch off phone completely

3. For your future ROMs it is up to you, depends on the ROMs. keeping JB bootloader is more forgiving in my opinion.

Bloof is right, but this is not really needed.
A rule of thumb is, that if you haven't actively flashed the KK bootloader, you're on the jelly bean bootloader. Autorec has not yet been updated, so when you use that to get a custom recovery, your bootloader is downgraded in the process.

Reactions: mj56gt

blastagator

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL

On d800 the hard key is the same for JB and KK. More certain way -
If the menu that comes up after using the hard keys has:
- volup/voldown to move up and down; Pwr to select = KK
- Keep pushing Pwr to continue factory reset = JB

Reactions: dredq

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
question, was tryting to change the boot screen via android image kitchen and borked the recovery, is there a special signing needed to be done after injecting/modifing the zip?

pattonsj

Sep 8, 2013
Ya. I can see it. It matches up with what I've been using on the recovery - so I'm clueless.

I cannot believe that it doesn't work. It's almost like it doesn't know what to do once you enter your password.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Ya. I can see it. It matches up with what I've been using on the recovery - so I'm clueless.
2.8.5.1 doesn't decrypt either.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to TWRP with F2FS & Thermal Control!
    ---- Supports Models d800/1/2/3/4/5, LS/VS-980, L01F, lgl22, and F320* ----
    (for d804/5 use the d802 version)​

Do NOT post a question if you don't read the first FIVE posts of this thread!!!

Features:
    Added: Thermal control, thanks to using AICP kernel. [originally dr87's idea]
    Added: As of 3.0.2-1: Using modified cm-13 kernel with my additions of thermal and other changes.
    Added: As of 3.1.0-0: Using modified cm-14.1 kernel with my additions of thermal and other changes.
    Added: Full F2FS support, including updated driver and f2fs-tools.
    NOTE: You must NOT have "Use rm -rf instead of formatting." in the Settings page. If you have this option enabled, you will not be able to change partition type.
    Added: Proper support for f320 & lgl22 External SD Card.
    Added: Tap to wake.
    Added: NTFS support.
    Added: Working decryption support.
    DO NO ENCRYPT f2fs - Bootloop of ROM and Recovery will occur!
    Added: AROMA hack to fix graphics.
    Uses: dr87's auto-select correct panel type.
    Uses: Bump (So loki isn't needed)
    & All of the goodies that already come packed in to the latest version of TWRP!

Please enjoy this recovery and I encourage feedback!!!

F2FS Information:
    Clicky Clicky (or scroll down to post #5)

Bugs/Issues:
    TWRP Issues, Generally:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/issues

Major Thanks to:
    TWRP Team
    Dees_Troy
    OmniRom Team
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Drgravy
    Team Codefire
    Dorimanx
    jakew02
    dr87
    Khaon
    bart452
    xiaolu
    Yoinx
    And everyone else involved with these projects!

Installation:
    1) First, you need any version of TWRP installed and working:
    I'd recommend using Autorec to get initial TWRP running.
    This is the link for KK: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496
    There is also an apk for lollipop, this is much preferred! (Google is your friend.)
    You can use any number of other methods to get some version of TWRP installed and running.
    2) Once you have a working TWRP, simply flash my zip to upgrade to latest version.
    If you flash the image directly, the panel detection script will not run!
    (This is only important if you have a jdi LCD panel.)

Troubleshooting:
    If you have any issues, please try the Official Build and compare to check that bug is only present in my version. If it is present in both versions, report it to TeamWin or Dees_Troy. If it only bugs in my version, please let me know ASAP.

Also, please check FAQ before asking questions. Thanks!

Download:
    https://www.gregtwallace.com/lg-g2/g2-twrp/
    Downloads are installable zip files, the images inside of which are already BUMPed.

Sources:
    https://github.com/blastagator
    Source Readme:
    https://github.com/blastagator/cm_device_lge_g2-common/blob/cm-13.0-twrp/README.md

Shameless plug for donations: :)
    Venmo Preferred (No Fee)

Zelle, send to greg@gregtwallace.com

Backup (Charges Fee)
    Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Touch Recovery w/ Thermal Control and F2FS, Tool/Utility for the LG G2

Contributors
    blastagator, TeamWin, and everyone else listed above!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-23

Created 2014-11-02
    Last Updated 2019-12-31
    Announcements

May 7, 2016
    New CM-13 based build is released! Enjoy all.

May 4, 2016
    New release coming this weekend. Make any complaints ASAP about version -g!
    VOTE on if you want me to TRY to fix AROMA. (No guarantees!!!)
    http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/general/twrp-poll-aroma-t3372512

April 30, 2016
    Release candidate! Give it a test!
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66626361&postcount=2543

April 17, 2016
    New beta using cm-13 sources. Click HERE. Please test!

April 7, 2016
    TWRP 3.0.0-2 is here! Versions older than 2.8.7.3 have been removed from my download site.

February 17, 2016
    (Working!) TWRP 3 is here!
    More info: https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/02/05/twrp-3.0.0-0-released.html

November 9, 2015 (2.8.7.3)

November 9, 2015 (2.8.7.3)
    -Sorry about bad 2.8.7.2 build :(
    -Still built off of omni-4.4 source code. (Android-M isn't ready for a full release yet.)
    -Vendor: Complete overhaul of vendor blobs, now using cm-12.1-caf branch from lg-devs
    -TWRP: Make separate flags for ability to backup or restore partitions
    -Device: Add ability to backup/restore Bootloader partitions
    ++User cannot use TWRP to restore Bootloader, too dangerous!
    -Device: Removed system_image
    ++We don't need this for our phone and it was confusing people who didn't READ the change log
    -TWRP/Device: Remove any warnings about system mount RO, this isn't important for our phone
    -Device: Set max brightness to actual max (255)
    -Device/TWRP: Create default brightness, set it to 175 (~68%)
    -Kernel: Latest f2fs driver
    ++This should fix issue where ROM running kernel with newest f2fs doesn't boot
    ++Note: This breaks compatibility with ROM using old f2fs driver. Read note below.
    -Kernel: Other commits that were needed to make latest f2fs driver work
    -Kernel: Config changes that might allow encrypted f2fs to work now!
    -Kernel: Enable SELinux
    ++Before I accidentally completely disabled, now it should boot Enabled, but in Permissive mode.
    -TWRP: More tweaking to recreation of media folder / setting internal storage path
    -Device: Remove integrated supersu

IMPORTANT - f2fs /data note: If you restore OLD backups, you will probably cause ROM or recovery (or both) to hang! This is obviously bad because your only option at that point is doing a back to stock kdz. To avoid problems, make NEW backups AFTER upgrading to the new version of TWRP. Backups made with 2.8.7.3 can be restored with 2.8.7.3 without causing issue.

All should work fine. Should be a safe build again. I did make some changes to the actual TWRP code & submitted patches to their gerrit, but I am fairly confident we're back in business.

Also of note - I can't believe it has been a year since I started this project!
    FAQ

My OTA isn't working or I am now in a bootloop to TWRP.
    To get out of the bootloop, connect to adb shell, and issue:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc count=1 bs=32
    This should resolve the problem. If not, search the thread, some people have other suggestions for various places to nuke the bad commands residing in /misc. To avoid the future problem, contact your ROM maintainer with the following info.
    Starting in Android N, the ROM uses /misc partition to communicate with recovery. (Therefore if your ROM is M or lower, OR uses the old communication method, this is not relevant to you). To address OTA problems, it is important to note the newly introduced bootloader offset.
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/165001
    Also, /misc needs to be mounted:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/19334/
    Your ROM maintainer should add these to their device tree. This will insure that ROM will write to the exact place the recovery is reading from.

I see error: "E: mount -0 bind '/data/media' '/sdcard' process ended with error=255" when I switch partition type on /data.
    Update to new version, 2.8.7.1. This problem is fixed.

I see error: "assert failed: run_program(" /tmp/loki.sh") == 0" when I flash X. Why?
    Loki is only supported by JB BL. Loki is smart enough to check your BL version before flashing. If you are on KK BL and the thing you are flashing uses loki, you're going to get this error. New BL requires you to use bump.

Now that I have bump, how do I update to the KK bootloader?
    If you have a d800 (or d801), see my thread here. If you have a d802, see @dorimanx's thread, here. Credit's to dori for inspiring me to make the package for d800.

USB-OTG isn't working, why not?
    To use USB-OTG your device needs to be formatted fat32, not NTFS.

I'm having trouble formatting partitions. Why doesn't it work?
    Fixed: As of 2.8.3.1
    The option to Format Data or do Factory Reset probably won't work. The fstab is set to auto to support f2fs and those two options don't know how to deal with auto (they don't know if you want them wiped to ext4 or f2fs). Therefore, you need to do Advanced Wipe, which works fine. If you are still having trouble, make sure MTP isn't on and make sure your USB isn't plugged in.

OMG, my TWRP thinks this is the 1970s?! HALP!
    This is an issue that arises in Android L (for whatever reason). Member murdoch1 found this and confirmed that installing it fixes the 1970 issue in TWRP.

Does [xyz] work?
    As far as I know, everything works except for known issues in the common twrp source.

I want to report [xyz] as not working, how do I do it?
    Post in this forum. I'll do what I can to fix it.

When will the next version come out?
    I don't plan on building again unless a bug is discovered that I can fix, or if TeamWin releases the next version.

Why don't you do [xyz]?
    Why don't you do it?

Why doesn't F2FS work?
    It DOES work in the recovery. To get it working on your ROM you need to have proper kernel support. Many AOSP ROMs support f2fs partitions. Additionally, dorimanx has added working f2fs on his stock kernel. :)

Why doesn't AROMA work?
    AROMA is old. As of version 3.0.2-1, I added a hack to fix the graphics. If your zip file still isn't working, try my guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66747442&postcount=2591
    2.8.5.0 is out. I will compile today after work.