Easy method to root and flash LineageOS 14.1 on LG G2

Search This thread

kruuzer92

Sep 13, 2018
Got a bootloop as i'd forgotten the CAF Bootstacker.

@blueplasticsoulman I'm totally new to flashing and installing custom ROM's. Can you tell me what is CAF Bootstacker? Where can it be downloaded from?

Would you say these are the steps you would use then?

1. Get root and TWRP (LGOneClickRootRecovery)
2. Go to TWRP and update TWRP by flashing zip file
2a. Flash CAF Bootstacker
3. Go to TWRP and wipe everything except internal storage
4. Flash LineageOS 14.1 & Gapps
5. Reboot system

Thanks.

kruuzer92

Sep 13, 2018
Edit: i tested it only on my lg d802 so u have to look for files for your device :) :)

From your zip file (LGG2-D802-OneClickRootRecoveryV1.1.zip), which files should I replace if I want to do this for an LG G2 D801?

Would it just be the recovery.img file (which I'm assuming is the twrp recovery image)? Or do I have to get device specific versions for busybox, aboot.img, laf.img, and boot.img also?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Get root and TWRP (LGOneClickRootRecovery) ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/2shvozzbu29xjfu/LGG2-D802-OneClickRootRecoveryV1.1.zip?dl=0
    2. Go to TWRP and update TWRP by flashing zip file ---> http://www.gregtwallace.com/lgg2-projects/twrp/?version=3.1.0-1
    3. Go to TWRP and wipe everything except internal storage
    4. Flash LineageOS 14.1 & Gapps ----> https://download.lineageos.org/d802 & http://opengapps.org/
    5. Reboot system
    :) :) :)
    Edit: i tested it only on my lg d802 so u have to look for files for your device :) :)
    Edit: backup your data before
    Sorry, I didn't quite understand. I have a D802 with a locked bootloader and what I wanted to ask is: Can I follow this guide and root, flash TWRP and Lineage OS with my LG G2 that has a locked bootloader (will it work) or do I have to do something about the bootloader before starting this guide? Thanks for the reply! ;)

Does your bootloader status matter when doing this or is it somehow solved by the tool? Also, can you flash Resurrection Remix (Nougat) using the same method?

as i have flashed LOS i didnt care about bootloader but it worked. RR should also work but i didnt try it :)

As an owner of a G2 for the past 3 years, the bootloader situation has been very confusing. I have finally understood how it all works.

For anyone wondering, our bootloader is locked and it cannot be unlocked in any way. There are several "patches" or ways to overcome that when flashing any ROMs. Currently, it's called BUMP. After changing/tweaking/modifying the boot image you must BUMP it. On every boot LG checks if the boot image is signed and if not it gives a security error which some of you may have experienced. Basically, after any modification, this BUMP signs the boot image and the phone boots as normal. It is important to have blastagator's BUMP recovery because as far as I can tell it always bumps the boot image when you use it. If you do not use his recovery you must flash his boot image bumper it bumps the boot image and you can boot any ROM.

It is important to know that BUMP is used and works only on device which has the KK bootloader. If your device is currently running Jelly Bean this will not work and you MUST update to KK or LL to get the KK bootloader. It's recommended to update to stock LL before flashing any ROMs because of other important radios etc. are better on the LL version.

From stock LL you can root and flash recovery. You must immediately flash blastagators bump recovery and after that, you can play with any ROM that you like. Also as far as I know any loki (the patching method before BUMP it was used on JB bootloader) ROM can be used on the KK bootlader and be "BUMPED" i.e. you can flash virtually anything as soon as you make sure it is for your model and you BUMP IT.

It is important to know how our bootloader works because careless flashing may lead to the previously mentioned "security error" which, if dealt incorrectly with, can brick your phone forever. You will need a new motherboard which is costly and rather pointless to purchase for a phone of our age.
    Thanks, I bought a used G2 today and these links were very useful to me.
    Sorry, I didn't quite understand. I have a D802 with a locked bootloader and what I wanted to ask is: Can I follow this guide and root, flash TWRP and Lineage OS with my LG G2 that has a locked bootloader (will it work) or do I have to do something about the bootloader before starting this guide? Thanks for the reply! ;)

as i flashed LOS i also didnt do anything about the bootloader, only followed these steps / tutorial video :) dont forget to backup your data
    If i upgrade to LL then Do i need to install bootloader or not ???
    As far as I know, you DON´T . Just upgrade to last official Lollipop and follow tutorial (at least this was what I did - now running oficial Lineage OS 14)
    )