FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Unbrick LG G2 stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 137

By kryptonite, Senior Member on 9th November 2014, 06:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
[FIX] Unbrick LG G2 stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode

Please ensure you read these instructions a couple of times and ask questions if you have any. I myself paid for some of the tools and got it for the benefit of the community.
If all goes well and I have helped you Donate to me!

The below system is recommend : Please do not try with Windows 8.1 64 Bit or any 64 Bit OS as there may be a lot of issues we cannot clearly fix. However if you get it to work well in 64 bit windows , please write up steps , so other can benefit
PC environment
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service pack 3) 32 BIT
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) :

Currently its looking like the LG G2 is really Unbrickable . We have had different types of failures and each failure comes with its own symptoms.
If you are stuck in the Super Brick mode of Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode , this tutorial is for you.
Also if you want to force the phone into QDLoader 9008 mode , check the second post for more info.

Please NOTE. DO NOT TRY this unlesss you are 100% sure you are in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode ,

this is different from the qhsusb_bulk mode 9025 where you see different partitions, if you are stuck in this mode please refer to this topic to unbrick .

Download the LGG2_9008_FIX.zip LGG2_9008_FIX.zip
Updated version available : BoardDiag3.99c.zip , you could try either one of these!

Extract LGG2_9008_FIX.zip , please ensure your antivirus is off during this duration, some antivirus will detect b2b.exe as a virus.

Steps 1 : (Must be done even if you have previously extracted TOT files. This will extract the files with an mbn extension as well as, more importantly it will create a partition.txt which is crucial for this fix to work)
1. Open b2b.exe
2. At the bottom of the application "Image Extraction" Select the path to the TOT file for your Phone model.
3. Select the Dir to any Dir where you would like to extract the files to. (DIR : Selects a folder to save the images extracted from the Tot file.)
4. Click on Extract and wait, this Starts extraction.
5. On completion, “Complete” pop-up appears.

Extracted files :

Step 2: Get ready to flash.
1. On The Top of the tool , select chipset as G2 (MSM8974)
2. Select port and set it to the com port where your phone shows up as QDLoader 9008 mode in Device manager, in my case com 10.

3. Set Target Dir to the same path where you just extracted the TOT files from STEP 1 part 3 above.

Step 3: Test AP & EMMC
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box and the EMMC check box.
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP and EMMC to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP and EMMC , circled in blue refer below.

Step 4: Test AP , EMMC & SDRAM
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box , EMMC check box & SDRAM TEST
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP, EMMC & SDRAM to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP,EMMC & SDRAM circled in blue refer below.

Thats it , if all went well and I have helped you Donate to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QDLoader 9008.png
Views:	11206
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	3006341   Click image for larger version

Name:	step1.PNG
Views:	15512
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	3006359   Click image for larger version

Name:	step2.PNG
Views:	14282
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	3006378   Click image for larger version

Name:	step3.PNG
Views:	14152
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	3006399   Click image for larger version

Name:	step4.PNG
Views:	12574
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	3006403  
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to kryptonite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kryptonite Ad-Free

9th November 2014, 07:05 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Smile Force Phone into QDLOader 9008 mode (Only if needed)
YOU DO NOT NEED THESE STEPS IF YOUR PHONE IS ALREADY IN QDLoader 9008 mode.

If you have to force your phone into QDLoader 9008 mode please follow below, thanks to @mss1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss1988

First of all I want to thank @george7565 for such wonderful discovery. I'm sure that many people who bricked their phone with this guide: [FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2 will fix their phones just like I did.

I found short circuiting a little bit tricky, but in the end I found the way to make it.

To short circuit the capacitors I used small piece of cooper wire cut from Ethernet UTP cable.

It's important that when short circuiting is that wire ends should touch opposite sides of the capacitors.
Also the short circuited capacitors must be next to each other horizontally. See the picture below:

As you can see, depending on what is short circuited you get QDLOADER 9008 or QHSUSB mode.
So now LG G2 is INDEED UNBRICKABLE. For those who got QDLOADER 9008 mode, see the picture, fix your phones, don't waste the money on board replacements.

After I got QHSUSB mode I had further problems. Lubuntu didn't recognized my phone's mass memory partitions, it recognized it as some 2.1TB Qualcomm disk. I found the workaround, I backedup the entire nand of my working LG G2 using this method: [GUIDE] How to make a nandroid backup directly to your computer without using sdcard, then using Computer managment -> Storage in Windows 8, I deleted all phones partitions and flashed the the backup image using Win32 Disk Imager. It's important for this one that both phones are same variant and memory capacity. After that, I restored IMEI using this tool: [TOOL] Updated! 26/06/14 - EFS Professional v2.1.73 - Also for NON-Samsung devices! Also I have a problems with GPS fix, perhaps back cover position needs some tuning, I hope this guide can help, I didn't try:
Réparer en 5 minutes le GPS LG g2

Cheers

Here is some extra Information I got while digging around.

This app operates only in Qdload mode. Upon initial USB cable connection, do the following to send it to Qdload mode if no port or USB serial port is held.
Upon initial USB cable connection, don’t do the following if it’s already in Qdload mode.
Use either way below(#1 recommended) to connect the USB cable while the pin is grounded.
Check out the Device Manager for ports(COM or LPT). If Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008 port is activated, Qdload mode is successfully
ready to work!!
As for the USB cable, the SW download cable v2.1 (910K) for service is recommended!!

1. How to ground Boot Config switch

It may depend on models. Basically, the pin of the switch connected to Boot_config_0 or Boot_config_6 is grounded.
The circuit diagram above shows Q6000 switch’s #3 pin need be grounded.

2. How to ground EMMC SDC1_CLK resistance

It may depend on models. Basically, eMMC’s SDC1_CLK resistance is grounded.
The circuit diagram above shows R24010 need be grounded.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to kryptonite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kryptonite Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 08:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hmm,my phone is shown in the device manager as LGE Android Phone,CDC Serial and CDC ECM
what should i do?
9th November 2014, 08:57 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
More Info on the B2BSupport LG Tool
More Info on the B2BSupport LG Tool. For anyone who wants to know more about this tool and would like to explore. It's not necessary to know the below if your only goal is to fix the phone then only the first topic of this post is needed.
Click below for more info.

Booting Problem Test

1. Select AP chipset
2. Select Com Port
3. Select Tartget Dir
4. Choose AP check
5. Choose EMMC TEST
Option Read/Write
Dump X (Dont select)
Partition X (Dont Select)
6. Choose SDRAM TEST
7. START

PMIC Test

1. Select AP chipset
2. Select Com Port
3. Select Tartget Dir
4. Choose AP check
5. Choose PMIC ON
6. START

Restore Device

1. Select AP chipset
2. Select Com Port
3. Select Tartget Dir
4. Choose AP check
5. Choose RESTORE BOOT IMAGE
- Option X (None selected)
6. START

1. AP check
- Checks out whether Qualcomm chipsets are good to see if booting works well. It’s impossible to check out
the whole functioning.
2. EMMC test
- Partition : No need to select anything. Select it to check out a certain partition.
- Option : Read Only / Read & Write (Recommended) / Erase / It can be selected while Write Only is running.
3. SDRAM test
- Checks out whether POP DDR memory is good.
4. EMMC dump
- Tick it, and selected or whole partition’s dump file is automatically created in the dump folder.
- Caution : The whole partition takes much time (24+ hours).
5. PMIC on
- Grant power to every PMIC power core rail. Tick PMIC on, and measure PMIC current to see if it’s good or not.
- Only APQ8064 is supported but not applicable to all power rails. This will be upgraded in future versions

6. Restore Boot Image

- Erases the existing terminal’s boot area and downloads a new Boot Image.
- The new Boot Image is extracted from the tot file for each model.
- Select a certain partition, and only the selected partition is downloaded. In this case, a particular image is downloadable
not just in the Boot area but also in the entire area.
- Select nothing, which is recommended as default.

7. Usage of “misc” option

- Restore device with “misc” option if LG Flash Tool fails to download displaying PID/IMEI errors.
- PID/IMEI errors during download of LG Flash Tool could happen upon using empty or erased EMMC by BoardDiag.
- <Usage>
1) make test device Qdload mode -> Run BoardDiag -> Select AP Chipset, Com Port and Target Dir
2) Select RESTORE BOOT IMAGE
3) Select “misc” like the picture
4) Click START
5) Misc image downloading takes 2~5 minutes
6) LG Flash Tool SW download again
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kryptonite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kryptonite Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 08:58 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2

Hmm,my phone is shown in the device manager as LGE Android Phone,CDC Serial and CDC ECM
what should i do?

Is it Stuck at LG logo Screen ? Which Model ?
9th November 2014, 09:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Angry
Very Well explained tutorial.
G2 is completely unbricable now!!
9th November 2014, 09:42 AM |#7  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Dammit. If this works, I will give you $20 as promised on my bounty thread.
Do you have links for the TOT files for ls980?
9th November 2014, 09:49 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankariu

Maybe you can try this. Do confirm with the OP before flashing.
Good luck
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...ck%2FSprint%2F
9th November 2014, 09:52 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankariu

ZVE TOT file here: LS980ZVE_03.zip, thanks to @autoprime for the ZVE firmware share ! This is the latest greatest firmware out from Sprint for the LS980
9th November 2014, 10:06 AM |#10  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Found a ZV7 tot file. I plan to use it on GSM and the ZVE seems to be a headache to use. downloading.....2GB...Time remaining 2hrs

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Will it work with the ZV7 TOT file?
9th November 2014, 10:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It should work with ZV7.you can later update if you want
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)