Please ensure you read these instructions a couple of times and ask questions if you have any. I myself paid for some of the tools and got it for the benefit of the community.
If all goes well and I have helped you Donate to me!
The below system is recommend : Please do not try with Windows 8.1 64 Bit or any 64 Bit OS as there may be a lot of issues we cannot clearly fix. However if you get it to work well in 64 bit windows , please write up steps , so other can benefit
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service pack 3) 32 BIT
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) :
Currently its looking like the LG G2 is really Unbrickable . We have had different types of failures and each failure comes with its own symptoms.
If you are stuck in the Super Brick mode of Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode , this tutorial is for you.
Also if you want to force the phone into QDLoader 9008 mode , check the second post for more info.
Please NOTE. DO NOT TRY this unlesss you are 100% sure you are in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode ,
this is different from the qhsusb_bulk mode 9025 where you see different partitions, if you are stuck in this mode please refer to this topic to unbrick .
Download the LGG2_9008_FIX.zip LGG2_9008_FIX.zip
Updated version available : BoardDiag3.99c.zip , you could try either one of these!
Extract LGG2_9008_FIX.zip , please ensure your antivirus is off during this duration, some antivirus will detect b2b.exe as a virus.
Steps 1 : (Must be done even if you have previously extracted TOT files. This will extract the files with an mbn extension as well as, more importantly it will create a partition.txt which is crucial for this fix to work)
1. Open b2b.exe
2. At the bottom of the application "Image Extraction" Select the path to the TOT file for your Phone model.
3. Select the Dir to any Dir where you would like to extract the files to. (DIR : Selects a folder to save the images extracted from the Tot file.)
4. Click on Extract and wait, this Starts extraction.
5. On completion, “Complete” pop-up appears.
Extracted files :
Step 2: Get ready to flash.
1. On The Top of the tool , select chipset as G2 (MSM8974)
2. Select port and set it to the com port where your phone shows up as QDLoader 9008 mode in Device manager, in my case com 10.
3. Set Target Dir to the same path where you just extracted the TOT files from STEP 1 part 3 above.
Step 3: Test AP & EMMC
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box and the EMMC check box.
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP and EMMC to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP and EMMC , circled in blue refer below.
Step 4: Test AP , EMMC & SDRAM
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box , EMMC check box & SDRAM TEST
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP, EMMC & SDRAM to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP,EMMC & SDRAM circled in blue refer below.
Thats it , if all went well and I have helped you Donate to me!