[FIX] Unbrick LG G2 stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode

Search This thread

harisonMiguel

Oct 24, 2017
lg g5 hard brick

Please ensure you read these instructions a couple of times and ask questions if you have any. I myself paid for some of the tools and got it for the benefit of the community.
If all goes well and I have helped you Donate to me!

The below system is recommend : Please do not try with Windows 8.1 64 Bit or any 64 Bit OS as there may be a lot of issues we cannot clearly fix. However if you get it to work well in 64 bit windows , please write up steps , so other can benefit
PC environment
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service pack 3) 32 BIT
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) :

Currently its looking like the LG G2 is really Unbrickable . We have had different types of failures and each failure comes with its own symptoms.
If you are stuck in the Super Brick mode of Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode , this tutorial is for you.
Also if you want to force the phone into QDLoader 9008 mode , check the second post for more info.

Please NOTE. DO NOT TRY this unlesss you are 100% sure you are in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode ,
xwckyk2.png

this is different from the qhsusb_bulk mode 9025 where you see different partitions, if you are stuck in this mode please refer to this topic to unbrick .

Download the LGG2_9008_FIX.zip View attachment 3006407
Updated version available : View attachment 3007071 , you could try either one of these!

Extract LGG2_9008_FIX.zip , please ensure your antivirus is off during this duration, some antivirus will detect b2b.exe as a virus.

Steps 1 : (Must be done even if you have previously extracted TOT files. This will extract the files with an mbn extension as well as, more importantly it will create a partition.txt which is crucial for this fix to work)
1. Open b2b.exe
2. At the bottom of the application "Image Extraction" Select the path to the TOT file for your Phone model.
3. Select the Dir to any Dir where you would like to extract the files to. (DIR : Selects a folder to save the images extracted from the Tot file.)
4. Click on Extract and wait, this Starts extraction.
5. On completion, “Complete” pop-up appears.
RnRJM8o.png

Extracted files :
zDunGPx.png

Step 2: Get ready to flash.
1. On The Top of the tool , select chipset as G2 (MSM8974)
2. Select port and set it to the com port where your phone shows up as QDLoader 9008 mode in Device manager, in my case com 10.
xwckyk2.png

3. Set Target Dir to the same path where you just extracted the TOT files from STEP 1 part 3 above.
pKcoIPG.png

Step 3: Test AP & EMMC
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box and the EMMC check box.
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP and EMMC to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP and EMMC , circled in blue refer below.
mqtvmq4.png

Step 4: Test AP , EMMC & SDRAM
1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box , EMMC check box & SDRAM TEST
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP, EMMC & SDRAM to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP,EMMC & SDRAM circled in blue refer below.
bLFX55Z.png

FOVrHBp.png

Thats it , if all went well and I have helped you Donate to me! :good:

hello how can i do this with my lg g5 ls992?

needo8

Apr 14, 2015
Lahore
Hello every one!

i have LG G4 500L, which is currently in qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode, and unfortunately in totaly dead condition.

Pleade help me to come it alive again.

Thanks

Last edited:

djanielle

Jul 18, 2014
Please, Does Anyone have tot or mbn files for LG P705 (L7) and D618 (G2Mini) for repair stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 dead boot mode? Thanks in Advance. I'll be a test for G2m in W7 Chipset because is same.

Last edited:

mr 911

Oct 18, 2014
Nope my phone never worked again and I've never bought an lg since lol I'm on mi mix right now lgg2 just wouldn't work again

quetal777

Apr 26, 2014
ive got a lg super hard bricked lg optimus f6 that is impossible to fix without a RIFF box? any ideas how to make something out of this phone other than as a paper weight?

normanx

Nov 25, 2011
Lakeland Florida
www.dropbox.com

Please ensure you read these instructions a couple of times and ask questions if you have any. I myself paid for some of the tools and got it for the benefit of the community.

The below system is recommend : Please do not try with Windows 8.1 64 Bit or any 64 Bit OS as there may be a lot of issues we cannot clearly fix. However if you get it to work well in 64 bit windows , please write up steps , so other can benefit
PC environment

Currently its looking like the LG G2 is really Unbrickable . We have had different types of failures and each failure comes with its own symptoms.
If you are stuck in the Super Brick mode of Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode , this tutorial is for you.
Also if you want to force the phone into QDLoader 9008 mode , check the second post for more info.

Please NOTE. DO NOT TRY this unlesss you are 100% sure you are in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode ,
xwckyk2.png

this is different from the qhsusb_bulk mode 9025 where you see different partitions, if you are stuck in this mode please refer to this topic to unbrick .

Updated version available : View attachment 3007071 , you could try either one of these!

Extract LGG2_9008_FIX.zip , please ensure your antivirus is off during this duration, some antivirus will detect b2b.exe as a virus.

Steps 1 : (Must be done even if you have previously extracted TOT files. This will extract the files with an mbn extension as well as, more importantly it will create a partition.txt which is crucial for this fix to work)
1. Open b2b.exe
2. At the bottom of the application "Image Extraction" Select the path to the TOT file for your Phone model.
3. Select the Dir to any Dir where you would like to extract the files to. (DIR : Selects a folder to save the images extracted from the Tot file.)
RnRJM8o.png

Extracted files :
zDunGPx.png

2. Select port and set it to the com port where your phone shows up as QDLoader 9008 mode in Device manager, in my case com 10.
xwckyk2.png

3. Set Target Dir to the same path where you just extracted the TOT files from STEP 1 part 3 above.
pKcoIPG.png

1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box and the EMMC check box.
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP and EMMC to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP and EMMC , circled in blue refer below.
mqtvmq4.png

1. On the Top left of the Tool , select the AP check box , EMMC check box & SDRAM TEST
2. Click on Start. This will test your AP, EMMC & SDRAM to ensure your phone can be fixed and there are no other HW issues.
3. Once done it should say pass under test results for AP,EMMC & SDRAM circled in blue refer below.
bLFX55Z.png

FOVrHBp.png

Thats it , if all went well and I have helped you Donate to me! :good:[/QUOTE
you are Great buddy you have saved my 2 phone LG G2 AND LG G3... THANKS

I know this is an old thread, but I need to ask, just exactly do you get the TOT files needed to do this? I have DL'd your links provided and there isn't any TOT files in them, can you help out? Thank you :)

normanx

Nov 25, 2011
Lakeland Florida
www.dropbox.com

PC environment

xwckyk2.png

1. Open b2b.exe
RnRJM8o.png

Extracted files :
zDunGPx.png

xwckyk2.png

pKcoIPG.png

mqtvmq4.png

bLFX55Z.png

FOVrHBp.png

Thats it , if all went well and I have helped you Donate to me! :good:[/QUOTE
you are Great buddy you have saved my 2 phone LG G2 AND LG G3... THANKS

Can you tell me where to get this TOT file? please.

Jul 30, 2017
Help me!

Hola a todos, acudo para saber si alguien me pueda asesorar en esta situación.

Tengo un movil Lg G2 D800 de AT&T, resulta que hace unos meses le instale la rom de MIUI, pero después de reiniciar el movil, el mismo, nunca mas sirvió, no entraba en ningún modo ni siquiera Download. Lo que hice fue por medio de SRK Tools cargarlo por medio de una opción que inicia en TWRP, monte un .ZIP de una D802 para poder volver a quizá montar el download y montar de nuevo el d800, pero de ahí no volvió a funcionar mas dicho celular se quedo en Fastboot. Tambien paso de 32GB a 10GB en su almacenamiento. Esto se puede únicamente ver en TWRP y conectado al PC. Trate de hacer el método por QHSUSB pero no reconoce sino por Qualcom USB 9008, y las particiones tampoco aparecen.

No se que hacer alguien que me pueda dar una luz, algo me dice que el movil aun tiene arreglo.

Gracias

Hello everyone, I'm here to know if anyone can advise me in this situation.

I have a mobile Lg G2 D800 AT&T, it turns out that a few months ago install the ROM MIUI, but after restarting the phone, the same, never more served, did not enter in any way or even Download. What I did was through SRK Tools to load it by means of an option that starts in TWRP, mount a. ZIP of a D802 to be able to re-mount the download and re-mount the D800, but from there it did not work again but that cell phone stayed in Fastboot. It also passed from 32GB to 10GB in its storage. This can only be seen on TWRP and connected to the PC. Try to do the method by QHSUSB but it does not recognize but by Qualcom USB 9008, and the partitions also do not appear.

I do not know what to do someone who can give me a light, something tells me that the phone still has an arrangement.

Thank you

Jul 30, 2017
Help me!

Hello everyone, I'm here to know if anyone can advise me in this situation.

I have a mobile Lg G2 D800 AT&T, it turns out that a few months ago install the ROM MIUI, but after restarting the phone, the same, never more served, did not enter in any way or even Download. What I did was through SRK Tools to load it by means of an option that starts in TWRP, mount a. ZIP of a D802 to be able to re-mount the download and re-mount the D800, but from there it did not work again but that cell phone stayed in Fastboot. It also passed from 32GB to 10GB in its storage. This can only be seen on TWRP and connected to the PC. Try to do the method by QHSUSB but it does not recognize but by Qualcom USB 9008, and the partitions also do not appear.

I do not know what to do someone who can give me a light, something tells me that the phone still has an arrangement.

Thank you

irwingod

Dec 18, 2014
Lg volt hard brick

Bitomo help mr, why this image... my lg volt hard brick...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

I am ready.

Download the image
Download Win32 Disk Imager
Install Win32 Disk Imager
Extract the .rar containing the image
Connect your 4gb or bigger sdcard to your PC
Backup everything from your sdcard
Start Win32 Disk Imager (you may have to run it as administrator)
Select the image file in the "Image file" section
Select the drive letter of your sdcard
Click on the write button
Insert the sdcard to your phone
Try to enter download mode

Can someone help me with an image for an LG VOLT? to do it with win32imager .. in this post bitdomo he did it once ... but the link is broken ... thanks ...

Apr 11, 2012
pune
Hi, i have a bricked Lg L70 D320F8. i have made a research because there is no much info about this phone. I have found several tutorials to unbrick the lg "G" series and i have used that info in orther to unbrick mine. What i can see is that there are many similarities. Among my discoverings i have found how to make the partition.txt file that is hard to find, and found also how to extract the other files required to flash in 9008 qhsusb bulk mode from the stock rom kdz(pm if you need more info) actually i reached to the point that with the diag tool make the Ap test but because i did it quickly i make only the AP thest and then the sram test both passed but i missed the emmc test wich i said "i will make it later" but that later never came becasue couldnt connect with the tool again even when devices shows still my phone in qhsusb 9008 but when i try the diag tool it says something like "device not found in dload" or "failed during loading flash programmer".
I wish to know if you have some clues or what to do next in order to get in to the phone with the tool again?
thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

there are tools to extract the contents of the kdz for the img files required to rebuild partitions except for the partition.txt file itself wich you have to build youself (pm if you need how to build it from scratch).

Hello dear friend as you said """i will make it later" but that later never came becasue couldnt connect with the tool again even when devices shows still my phone in qhsusb 9008 but when i try the diag tool it says something like "device not found in dload" or "failed during loading flash programmer""". if you use diag tool 2.99 then you just remove usb from computer and atach again then it will work. I was also face this problem.

cartairj

Oct 30, 2018
how to enter qloader 9008 or qloader 9006 or qhsusb mode on LG G2 F320 32gb

Dear how to enter qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 or 9006 or qhsusb bulk mode for LG G2 F320 32gb korean Variant please any pictures or video

May 31, 2015
solution for lg g5

Hello guys,

I have a LG G5 H850 having same problem. Device don't work. No entering into download mode.

There is only one thing that i realize: When i connect it to PC, Device Manager shows it as qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 under Ports.

Whatever i do by following the guides on internet including xda, i couldn't find anything for my device.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

aidasaidas75

Dec 21, 2012
Kedainiai
okay after few years of op post i had same issue so after few hours of research i collected this infromation:
first connect it to pc do what op did until step to test.
second remove usb from device and press and hold power button for 2 minutes just to be sure.
then connect it again and it should work atleast for me i used boarddiag : /file/d/0B_SDRfCa9usqaXZlbkNiZDExMjg/edit(google docs)
hope i helped someone cheechs

edit:
after it connected as 9006 then i used tool by droidth now my phone works.
p.s i put my windows to test mode and ran program in compabillity mode to win xp sp3 im using win 10 64bit

Last edited:

boyxba

Jun 3, 2015
Lg g2 unbrick

PC environment

xwckyk2.png

1. Open b2b.exe
RnRJM8o.png

Extracted files :
zDunGPx.png

xwckyk2.png

pKcoIPG.png

mqtvmq4.png

bLFX55Z.png

FOVrHBp.png

I have lg g2 with the symptom .....when connected to usb windows see many particions... and the phone remained to logo lg......after that i erased all partitions with disk management of windows.... after that phone does not doing anything... i have erased everything ? ...can be reflashed ? ...i see only on ports when i connect the phone via usb qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (com4) .... i have done the lg g2 9008 fix programme and the result is ...device not found in dlload trying flash programmer.......what shall i do?

fish555

Jan 23, 2019
Hello i have qualcoomm 9008 in device manager
UPDATE
I also tried
QFIL QPST and recieved
/*invalid image type recieved*/
is_ack_succesfull : 1031 SAHARA_NAK_INVALID_IMAGE_TYPE
sahara protocol error
uploading image using sahara protocol failed
Before that

I already fromatted inner emmc card to fat32. I tryied FlashTool and it did not work (eror on 50%)
Now i am trying BoardDiag 3.99c I have an error
AP CHECK START
FAILED during loading flash programmer
There were already messages about this trouble,but there are no solution, so i am asking for it.

Some people says that program use LG servers and progrm is not free etv
Is there any support for this program?
Guys maybe you can recommend another method ?Flashtool? kdzupdater?QPST?
or how to solve current problem?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PC environment

xwckyk2.png

Download the LGG2_9008_FIX.zip View attachment LGG2_9008_FIX.zip
    Updated version available : View attachment BoardDiag3.99c.zip , you could try either one of these!

1. Open b2b.exe
    RnRJM8o.png

Extracted files :
    zDunGPx.png

xwckyk2.png

pKcoIPG.png

mqtvmq4.png

bLFX55Z.png

FOVrHBp.png

Force Phone into QDLOader 9008 mode (Only if needed)

YOU DO NOT NEED THESE STEPS IF YOUR PHONE IS ALREADY IN QDLoader 9008 mode.

If you have to force your phone into QDLoader 9008 mode please follow below, thanks to @mss1988

First of all I want to thank @george7565 for such wonderful discovery. I'm sure that many people who bricked their phone with this guide: [FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2 will fix their phones just like I did.

I found short circuiting a little bit tricky, but in the end I found the way to make it.

To short circuit the capacitors I used small piece of cooper wire cut from Ethernet UTP cable.
    fWdnSEVykVFSVIaNf5hC9N2V22TBewo-cBKfngv5AAbV=w768-h812-no

It's important that when short circuiting is that wire ends should touch opposite sides of the capacitors.
    Also the short circuited capacitors must be next to each other horizontally. See the picture below:
    shortcircuit.jpg

As you can see, depending on what is short circuited you get QDLOADER 9008 or QHSUSB mode.
    So now LG G2 is INDEED UNBRICKABLE. For those who got QDLOADER 9008 mode, see the picture, fix your phones, don't waste the money on board replacements.

After I got QHSUSB mode I had further problems. Lubuntu didn't recognized my phone's mass memory partitions, it recognized it as some 2.1TB Qualcomm disk. I found the workaround, I backedup the entire nand of my working LG G2 using this method: [GUIDE] How to make a nandroid backup directly to your computer without using sdcard, then using Computer managment -> Storage in Windows 8, I deleted all phones partitions and flashed the the backup image using Win32 Disk Imager. It's important for this one that both phones are same variant and memory capacity. After that, I restored IMEI using this tool: [TOOL] Updated! 26/06/14 - EFS Professional v2.1.73 - Also for NON-Samsung devices! Also I have a problems with GPS fix, perhaps back cover position needs some tuning, I hope this guide can help, I didn't try:
    Réparer en 5 minutes le GPS LG g2

Cheers :)

Here is some extra Information I got while digging around.

This app operates only in Qdload mode. Upon initial USB cable connection, do the following to send it to Qdload mode if no port or USB serial port is held.
    Upon initial USB cable connection, don’t do the following if it’s already in Qdload mode.
    Use either way below(#1 recommended) to connect the USB cable while the pin is grounded.
    Check out the Device Manager for ports(COM or LPT). If Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008 port is activated, Qdload mode is successfully
    ready to work!!
    As for the USB cable, the SW download cable v2.1 (910K) for service is recommended!!

1. How to ground Boot Config switch

fZBrZVy.png

It may depend on models. Basically, the pin of the switch connected to Boot_config_0 or Boot_config_6 is grounded.
    The circuit diagram above shows Q6000 switch’s #3 pin need be grounded.

2. How to ground EMMC SDC1_CLK resistance
    mIVu7o3.png

It may depend on models. Basically, eMMC’s SDC1_CLK resistance is grounded.
    The circuit diagram above shows R24010 need be grounded.
    More Info on the B2BSupport LG Tool

More Info on the B2BSupport LG Tool. For anyone who wants to know more about this tool and would like to explore. It's not necessary to know the below if your only goal is to fix the phone then only the first topic of this post is needed.
    Click below for more info.

Booting Problem Test
    YCFrEgr.png

1. Select AP chipset
    2. Select Com Port
    3. Select Tartget Dir
    4. Choose AP check
    5. Choose EMMC TEST
    Option Read/Write
    Dump X (Dont select)
    Partition X (Dont Select)
    6. Choose SDRAM TEST
    7. START

PMIC Test
    3PKjKAm.png

1. Select AP chipset
    2. Select Com Port
    3. Select Tartget Dir
    4. Choose AP check
    5. Choose PMIC ON
    6. START

Restore Device
    tjI2zAW.png

1. Select AP chipset
    2. Select Com Port
    3. Select Tartget Dir
    4. Choose AP check
    5. Choose RESTORE BOOT IMAGE
    - Option X (None selected)
    6. START

1. AP check
    - Checks out whether Qualcomm chipsets are good to see if booting works well. It’s impossible to check out
    the whole functioning.
    2. EMMC test
    - Partition : No need to select anything. Select it to check out a certain partition.
    - Option : Read Only / Read & Write (Recommended) / Erase / It can be selected while Write Only is running.
    3. SDRAM test
    - Checks out whether POP DDR memory is good.
    4. EMMC dump
    - Tick it, and selected or whole partition’s dump file is automatically created in the dump folder.
    - Caution : The whole partition takes much time (24+ hours).
    5. PMIC on
    - Grant power to every PMIC power core rail. Tick PMIC on, and measure PMIC current to see if it’s good or not.
    - Only APQ8064 is supported but not applicable to all power rails. This will be upgraded in future versions

6. Restore Boot Image

- Erases the existing terminal’s boot area and downloads a new Boot Image.
    - The new Boot Image is extracted from the tot file for each model.
    - Select a certain partition, and only the selected partition is downloaded. In this case, a particular image is downloadable
    not just in the Boot area but also in the entire area.
    - Select nothing, which is recommended as default.

7. Usage of “misc” option
    KdiCCCr.png

- Restore device with “misc” option if LG Flash Tool fails to download displaying PID/IMEI errors.
    - PID/IMEI errors during download of LG Flash Tool could happen upon using empty or erased EMMC by BoardDiag.
    - <Usage>
    1) make test device Qdload mode -> Run BoardDiag -> Select AP Chipset, Com Port and Target Dir
    2) Select RESTORE BOOT IMAGE
    3) Select “misc” like the picture
    4) Click START
    5) Misc image downloading takes 2~5 minutes
    6) LG Flash Tool SW download again
    Alternative Version

To everybody having problems with the "device was not found in dload trying flash programmer" error try this version of the tool. It should work fine even with 64bit as it worked with my 64bit windows 10, but you wil have to activate xp (sp3) windows compatibility mode and run it as admin. It worked for me with the f320k but maybe it works with other versions of the phone as well.

Download: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ebf1102a2db6/BoardDiag3.99c.ZIP or below:

Just thank me if it worked. :D

Edit: reported working with D802 and f320k for now
    I have modified some hex data of boarddiag to jump over the "device was not found in dload trying flash programmer" message and it shows this:
    attachment.php

So what is the PMIC and how to emulate this?