FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Please Email LG Canada for us Poor D803ers!

581 posts
Thanks Meter: 156

By autom8r, Senior Member on 25th May 2015, 06:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, the D803 is not getting lollipop, my favorite phone ever is about to die from obsolescence well before it's life! This is quite ridiculous seeing as the phone is not that old and all other models have been updated already. Come on LG!

This being said, please help us pressure LG by contacting them here:

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/mes...stomer-support

Here's what I wrote:

Hello,
Recently there's been a vicious rumor circling the Internet and gaining great momentum. The rumor is that LG, while having updated the rest of the G2 fleet, decided that Canada was too cold and doesn't have enough penguins for the D803 to be updated correctly.

I of course don't believe this rumor, sure we don't have penguins, however, there's no such thing as too cold.

Moreover, I can't believe that LG, a break-through manufacturer trying to get a foothold in Android would be so foolish as to not update a device that's about 14 months old and was touted as a "flagship" level phone. I mean to not update the Canadian model will cast doubt amongst other Android enthusiasts that their models also won't get future updates. Of course, this will lead to LG being dismissed as a serious choice among enthusiasts (a major demographic in Android) and sales will suffer.

Please tell me this rumor isn't true, I believe in LG's reputation more than this, don't let us down...

Thanks to everyone who sends something in, this is truly an unfair situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to autom8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift autom8r Ad-Free

25th May 2015, 09:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
done
25th May 2015, 10:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 805

More
Also emailed them.
26th May 2015, 02:12 AM |#4  
Flag windsor
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Done! I wish there was more we can do because this is complete bulls#$t
27th May 2015, 04:34 AM |#5  

More
lg Canada replied on live chat that they have already delivered an update to carriers...but carriers are not pushing it. I think its time to complain to telus and rogers directly.
27th May 2015, 11:54 PM |#6  
Flag La Paz
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Done! I am waiting for LG response.
I wrote Telus and the response was: "Hi there, at this point, we're still not aware if LG will release the update or not. The G3 was updated recently so we'll see about the G2."
28th May 2015, 12:55 AM |#7  
Flag Saint-Raphael, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Last couple weeks, Telus had the g2 on the update list...now it's off
28th May 2015, 05:52 AM |#8  

More
can somebody chat with lg Canada on their support page? and screenshot the response
29th May 2015, 12:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I wrote them a message
30th May 2015, 05:55 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypv4

Done! I am waiting for LG response.
I wrote Telus and the response was: "Hi there, at this point, we're still not aware if LG will release the update or not. The G3 was updated recently so we'll see about the G2."

can you put up the screenshot or paste the email with the headers - there is a lot of confusion on who is refusing updates, so wanted to figure that out before making a concerted effort.
30th May 2015, 07:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
You didn't miss anything. More battery drain and lower intensity of LED notification
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)