FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Refurbished/Fake LG G2 Check Now Available

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By ghayyurious, Member on 31st March 2015, 10:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, I was misinformed by the seller and he tricked me thinking I bought a D802. I was like hurrah! and suddenly i tried to flash Autorec TWRP recovery and phone just went into Fastboot coz it was D800 . I somehow Managed to restore download mode but flashing any D802 ROM gave me a "Stuck at LG" screen. I gave my set to a repair shop and i hope IA the problem will be Solved

EDIT: Check my Fake/Refurbished LG G3 thread for more easier instructions.

Confirm IMEI:

Its quite simple and does not require any laptop or anything else!

Note down the IMEI by *#06#, then follow these steps..

1.Make sure the cell is off.
2.Hold Vol up + Vol down + Power at the Same time and keep on holding until you see a White screen with "Hardware Control Written Over it"...
3.You can see the ORIGINAL IMEI at the bottom right above the bar code..
[You can also Check model with this IMEI by hooking into THIS[Updated]]

Confirm Model: [Updated] [RECOMMENDED]
Works Fine on Stock KK ROM with Stock Recovery, Doesn't Work with LP and JB
Though if you've internet then IMEI check stated above is very easy and efficient.
Else you can always confirm the Model if that is what you desire...

Things you need BEFORE buying..
Laptop with latest IOroot.zip [Check here] [You can also just download adb files from internet]
Instructions:
1.Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
2.Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode.
3.Now Change USB connection to MTP.
4.Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.
5.copy/paste commands below

adb devices

6.Now, you'll get "Authorize this PC", check always box[or whatever] and hit accept.
Now again,
copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line.

adb devices
adb reboot recovery

[If you get device not found error, make sure you are following the steps else try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable]
Now at top of the recovery screen, you have your REAL Model
[Do not forget to say Thanks, if this saved you from a Scam! ]

PS: The reason i mentioned IOroot.zip is only that you can also root your device with it if you're on Kitkat
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghayyurious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghayyurious Ad-Free

31st March 2015, 11:47 PM |#2  
Flag Cape town
Thanks Meter: 309

More
I am not really sure how reliable www.imei.info is cos my phone model shows that it is a D802 witk kitkat D80220c-ZAF-XX but when i check my IMEI on www.imei.info it shows that it is a D800 model but when i check the same imei at www.imeidata.net it shows that my phone is indeed a D802
The Following User Says Thank You to touns_j For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift touns_j Ad-Free
2nd April 2015, 07:05 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Lahore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by touns_j

I am not really sure how reliable www.imei.info is cos my phone model shows that it is a D802 witk kitkat D80220c-ZAF-XX but when i check my IMEI on www.imei.info it shows that it is a D800 model but when i check the same imei at www.imeidata.net it shows that my phone is indeed a D802

Yes its not reliable but you should also confirm your imei via "Confirm IMEI Check" stated above..
I also bought an D802 and even the *#06# showed it as D802 but the Hardware Control mode confirmed it as D800 and even the recovery said its D800 :/
2nd April 2015, 07:08 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Lahore

More
The reason for posting this thread is also for someone willing to Flash a Custom Recovery and he/she, just like me, rely on the About page shown in the setting :/
One should always Confirm the Model via Recovery BEFORE flashing Custom Recovery!
3rd April 2015, 01:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up
Question:

Why do you want the 802 model more than the 800 model? I plan to use Lollipop, and I don't know if one is better than the other for that update :s
3rd April 2015, 07:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenetvines

Question:

Why do you want the 802 model more than the 800 model? I plan to use Lollipop, and I don't know if one is better than the other for that update :s

Different lte channels

_____________________________________Read more write less and be smart
3rd April 2015, 09:16 AM |#7  
Flag Cape town
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghayyurious

Yes its not reliable but you should also confirm your imei via "Confirm IMEI Check" stated above..
I also bought an D802 and even the *#06# showed it as D802 but the Hardware Control mode confirmed it as D800 and even the recovery said its D800 :/

well mine is definitely a D802, i flashed LP on it yesterday and so far everything works 100%
3rd April 2015, 03:13 PM |#8  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 239

More
www.imei.info does not show the correct information
I have a D803, but the site shows that the D800
3rd April 2015, 04:09 PM |#9  
XDA: ASSIST
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyPbP

www.imei.info does not show the correct information
I have a D803, but the site shows that the D800

The imei can't always be relied upon. The only way to be 100% sure of your model number is to check the back of the motherboard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Art Vanderlay Ad-Free
3rd April 2015, 05:04 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Lahore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggey

Different lte channels

_____________________________________Read more write less and be smart

True that
3rd April 2015, 05:09 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Lahore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by touns_j

well mine is definitely a D802, i flashed LP on it yesterday and so far everything works 100%

Congrats Bro
I got my G2 today and its a D802T...
Now i've lost all my confidence in LG after the Autorec incident.
I loved CM12 but i don't think im gonna give any Custom Recovery a shot for a couple of months
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone check, fake g2, g2 copy, genuine g2, refurb g2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)