FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Brick? LG G2 D801 Tmobile

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mehpwn, Junior Member on 15th August 2016, 02:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I rooted my G2 in order to install TWRP. However, After I had installed cloudy G2 2.2, my phone rebooted and would get stuck on the TWRP recovery. At this point, I could only boot to download mode, TWRP, and the LG's stock factory reset mode (white screen) which would just take me back to TWRP if I pressed reset. Since I was able to boot into download mode, I decided that I could restore my phone through LGFlashtool 2014 by using kdz, but It was failed due to the LG update program stopping at 2% and telling me to reconnect my device. Tried different usb ports and different PCs but still no success. Next, I tried the TOT method but it would give me this error
I even used the LGUP_8974.dll but to no success

Therefore, I resorted to using the terminal in TWRP where I changed some laf.img file. After this point, my phone rebooted and It would only boot into fastboot mode and download mode was inaccessible, so I guess I made my problem worse. My phone would now only show up as a disk with multiple partitions on my computer. So I used SRK to find a fix and I was able to bring back download mode. But, I could not boot up to the rom or twrp. If I let the phone boot then, the green android robot with the red exclamation point pops up in a boot loop. I guess I'm back where I started. I've been trying to use ADB but since I cannot get into TWRP, then ADB does not detect my phone. I checked in device manager and it does show under Ports "LGE Mobile USB Serial Port" so my PC does detect it. So I'm completely lost right now

TLDR: TOT method and Flashing KDZ do not work, LGFLASHTool 2014 doesn't detect phone, TOT method gives error, unable to get ADB running

I think the problem is that the Cloudy rom changed my build.drop to some other G2 variant which is why flashing programs do not work/detect the g2. But, being unable to reach TWRP or ADB I don't see how I could do that.

If anyone could possible help me out here, then I'll gladly give ya a cup of joe

16th August 2016, 10:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehpwn

I rooted my G2 in order to install TWRP. However, After I had installed cloudy G2 2.2, my phone rebooted and would get stuck on the TWRP recovery. At this point, I could only boot to download mode, TWRP, and the LG's stock factory reset mode (white screen) which would just take me back to TWRP if I pressed reset. Since I was able to boot into download mode, I decided that I could restore my phone through LGFlashtool 2014 by using kdz, but It was failed due to the LG update program stopping at 2% and telling me to reconnect my device. Tried different usb ports and different PCs but still no success. Next, I tried the TOT method but it would give me this error

Therefore, I resorted to using the terminal in TWRP where I changed some laf.img file. After this point, my phone rebooted and It would only boot into fastboot mode and download mode was inaccessible, so I guess I made my problem worse. My phone would now only show up as a disk with multiple partitions on my computer. So I used SRK to find a fix and I was able to bring back download mode. But, I could not boot up to the rom or twrp. If I let the phone boot then, the green android robot with the red exclamation point pops up in a boot loop. I guess I'm back where I started. I've been trying to use ADB but since I cannot get into TWRP, then ADB does not detect my phone. I checked in device manager and it does show under Ports "LGE Mobile USB Serial Port" so my PC does detect it. So I'm completely lost right now

TLDR: TOT method and Flashing KDZ do not work, LGFLASHTool 2014 doesn't detect phone, TOT method gives error, unable to get ADB running

I think the problem is that the Cloudy rom changed my build.drop to some other G2 variant which is why flashing programs do not work/detect the g2. But, being unable to reach TWRP or ADB I don't see how I could do that.

If anyone could possible help me out here, then I'll gladly give ya a cup of joe

in my point of view you messed up your bootloader.. only way to get back your device is to use boarddiag by turning on qsub 9800 mode or by 9600 mode to fix partition.. [email protected] gmail. com
20th August 2016, 01:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehpwn

Did you use USB 2.0 when using the TOT/KDZ method? USB 3.0 seems to cause errors.
21st August 2016, 08:51 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heff91

Did you use USB 2.0 when using the TOT/KDZ method? USB 3.0 seems to cause errors.

Yeah, I heard about that, but sadly, it made no difference when I used either ports.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)