Which is faster? Snapdragon 801 (lg-g2) VS snapdragon 625?

Search This thread

60nine

https://www.quora.com/Which-is-better-a-SD-801-vs-a-650-652-or-a-625

and a quote from reddit that sums it all:
"In the real world, 625 may have better multi-tasking performance (8 cores vs 4 cores on the 801). 801 has better single core performance, but not by much.
625 is also much newer and has a different configuration, uses a better gpu (adreno 510 vs adreno 330) so has native 4k playback, among other refinements you'd expect from a SoC that's 2 years newer."

Reactions: albsat

funtikar

Oct 27, 2011
Sabah
tapuccolab.blogspot.com
I love this question, I've always looked at the SD 625 because it has more or less the same performance(sd625 has better advantage in multitasking ofcourse due to the more cores). The gpu is not that much better its more or less the same but it does support Vulkan API by the way if you're interested in that.
Not much games that uses Vulkan currently , the only one I know that uses it is VainGlory.

Offtopic: are you referring to the Xiaomi Mi A1?

albsat

same here.. i've never felt so attracted to xiaomi phone lol.
The camera, pure android and slim design are what really hit me.
but the price is barely recommendable though, I could get a Mi5 or Mi6 by increasing my budget
The price will get down with time and coupons. I just don't want to believe just the hype of pure Android OS. Let's wait the reviews, I would say.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

funtikar

Oct 27, 2011
Sabah
tapuccolab.blogspot.com
The price will get down with time and coupons.
I agree
I just don't want to believe just the hype of pure Android OS. Let's wait the reviews, I would say.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
well if you're thinking of the negative like bloatware and stuff, the least we can expect is it makes it easy for the community ROM developer to make ROMS for it.
Did you know that the Mi A1 is featured on Google's Android One main page? I think that improve their credibility in getting pure Android on that phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.quora.com/Which-is-better-a-SD-801-vs-a-650-652-or-a-625

and a quote from reddit that sums it all:
    "In the real world, 625 may have better multi-tasking performance (8 cores vs 4 cores on the 801). 801 has better single core performance, but not by much.
    625 is also much newer and has a different configuration, uses a better gpu (adreno 510 vs adreno 330) so has native 4k playback, among other refinements you'd expect from a SoC that's 2 years newer."