FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

¿KingRoot vs. KingoRoot? [+Large List of Rooting Methods]

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By PsyintZ, Member on 21st March 2017, 10:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA!

I'm not sure how many of you are using a Verizon G2 but unfortunately, my LG G2 VS9803AA Lolliopop 5.0.2 has proven quite difficult to get rooted. After trying several different rooting methods, it appears that the only two that seem to work reliably are KingRoot and KingoRoot. Some people have stated that these are both created by the same company, but after some searching it appears that KingoRoot is developed by a company called "FingerPower Technologies" while KingRoot was developed by King Studio. Apparently, not much is known about either company and there are reports of this software collecting questionable data from its users. I don't know much about the inner workings of cell phones or what information would be considered dangerous in the hands of others, but I've read that they possibly collect users' IMEI's as well as a couple of other things I know nothing about. They claim the information they collect is simply used during their sophisticated rooting process (which is what makes it so much more successful than other methods, I guess) and is discarded after use, never being stored anywhere. On the other hand, there are also plenty of raving reviews about these two rooting methods suggesting that they are the best & easiest methods to date. So I'm making this post to ask you guys your opinions on these two different rooting options, the differences between them, and whether or not one should be preferred over another (or not used at all).

Upon installation, there are some noticeable differences. After installing KingRoot, there was no shortcut created for the SuperUser app that it uses (KingoRoot does create a shortcut to its SuperUser app) so I'm not sure if they are using the same one or not. I believe KingRoot uses one called "KingUser" and KingoRoot uses one called "Kingo SuperUser," but I could be mistaken. KingRoot also installs an app that KingoRoot does not, called Purify. It seems like it could be a handy little well-made app that helps manage your battery by intelligently monitoring what apps you frequently use vs which apps are auto-starting and using up memory and shuts them down. It also helps manage pesky notifications. It has a very high score in the app store, so obviously people are enjoying it (or they're well versed in fake reviews, perhaps). It, as well, requires you to enable it under your "Accessibility" settings, however; presumably meaning it needs deeper access to your phone than most apps? It also claims to function optimally when your device is rooted. KingoRoot, on the other hand, did not appear to install anything aside from its SuperUser app on my device. Though, I have recently read that the newest version offers an application similar to KingRoot's Purify app called "Kingo SuperBattery."

Another difference is an app called Super Su-Me. It must be purchased (for around $4) from the app store, but it supposedly removes KingRoot from your phone after a successful root, and replaces it's SuperUser app with SuperSU - that way you no longer have to worry about it performing any malicious data-mining without you knowing (and because SuperSU is a better app in general). For some reason, this app is only offered for KingRoot and does not work on KingoRoot - which makes me think they must use a different rooting process? What do you guys think?

Both of them just use a simple 1-click - wait a couple of minutes - reboot - and done! method. In my opinion, IF they turn out to be offering reputable software with absolutely no malicious intent - then I must admit that these two rooting methods are quite impressive. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on the matter. Have you used them before? What did you think? Would you trust this software? Have you noticed any other differences between them? If you wouldn't suggest I use either of them, what methods would you recommend I use to my (difficult) G2 VS9803AA? I will list all of the rooting methods I have tried (and failed with) below. Let me know what you guys think!

Methods that have failed to root my LG G2 VS9803AA 5.0.2 device:
LG One Click Root
iRoot (formerly vRoot)
Towel Root
ioRoot
Stump Root

Methods that have succeeded in rooting my LG G2 VS9803AA 5.0.2 device:
KingRoot
KingoRoot

Methods that I have not tried (either because I have not had time, or because I read a report that it would not work on my device):
FramaRoot
Universal Androot
Z4Root
Baidu Root
Easy Rooting Toolkit
CF Auto-Root
SRS Root
Root Master
Root Genius
360 Super Root

Sincerely,
Terri (Psy)

Note: If there are any other reliable rooting methods that I have not listed, please let me know so I can keep the list as comprehensive as possible. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsyintZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PsyintZ Ad-Free

21st March 2017, 03:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thanks for this info. I have to go back to my G2 for a couple months and could not find a good root method. I ended up using Kingroot but removed kingroot su using this link, https://www.droidmen.com/remove-king...supersu/ampand now have Super SU
The Following User Says Thank You to Rybean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rybean Ad-Free
22nd March 2017, 08:17 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybean

Thanks for this info. I have to go back to my G2 for a couple months and could not find a good root method. I ended up using Kingroot but removed kingroot su using this link, https://www.droidmen.com/remove-king...supersu/ampand now have Super SU

You're very welcome, Rybean. Thanks for providing that link as well. That appears to be a better method than having to purchase an app from the playstore to replace KingRoot's SU with SuperSU. Has everything worked out well for you so far?
24th March 2017, 11:18 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:

After testing the above method to remove KingRoot's superuser and replace it with SuperSU, after a fresh root with KingRoot - I can confirm that it works without issue. So, if any of you decide to utilize the KingRoot rooting method and would like to switch over to SuperSU - please try this method first. If it does not work, then I suggest trying the SuperSU-Me app from the Play Store.
30th July 2017, 09:34 AM |#5  
Flag Flensburg
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

That link doesn't seem to work anymore.... Also, any advice on KingoRoot, as far as replacing it with SuperSU goes?
5th May 2019, 03:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
everything about smartphone security is so scary. You get firewall with one click, you get root with one and you still don't know what kind code have them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)