FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R24][Synapse]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 7th November 2014, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R24][Synapse]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R24][Synapse]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

7th November 2014, 12:36 AM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Just wanted to thank Render for his dedication to the development of this awesome kernel. I'm a long time lurker and crack flasher since converting to android with the Galaxy Nexus and this is the first thing that has finally made me get an account to share my thanks.

I hope to hang around and help report any bugs / logs I can for the VS980 / PA rom. Just so I know how to help, what is most useful: logcats, dmesg, or kmsg?

Thanks again!
7th November 2014, 12:50 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag /home/renderbroken/android
Thanks Meter: 15,946

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbender716

Just wanted to thank Render for his dedication to the development of this awesome kernel. I'm a long time lurker and crack flasher since converting to android with the Galaxy Nexus and this is the first thing that has finally made me get an account to share my thanks.

I hope to hang around and help report any bugs / logs I can for the VS980 / PA rom. Just so I know how to help, what is most useful: logcats, dmesg, or kmsg?

Thanks again!

Depends on the issue. If apps are having problems then Logcat, If you are having reboots or other hardware related issues then a dmesg. Thanks for the support!
7th November 2014, 04:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Where can I get the android-toolchain which you used to build the kernel
I want to build one for l01f , but I cannot find the toolchain fot it.
8th November 2014, 02:09 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonand

I want to build one for l01f , but I cannot find the toolchain fot it.

What is: l01f

I would have to upload it but not sure if that phone is compatible with it.
8th November 2014, 03:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
l01f is Japanese Docomo g2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken

What is: l01f

I would have to upload it but not sure if that phone is compatible with it.

The kernel config is just a little different with the d802 or f320x, I have built one Dorimanx kernel for it. It's OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to simonand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonand Ad-Free
8th November 2014, 04:09 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2...0141102.tar.xz
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonand

The kernel config is just a little different with the d802 or f320x, I have built one Dorimanx kernel for it. It's OK.

16th November 2014, 01:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Random reboots when doing intense messaging. Using the native messaging app with LS. anyone else?

Edit. R24, default settings. D800, full wipe. Trying to figure out why I keep getting so many soft reboots. Can't ever pull a log due to a reboot.
17th November 2014, 11:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
So, i was using CloudyG3 2.1 but i get a lot of battery drain, flashed 3 times i get the same results and the last one i didn't even install any apps and neither of the 3 was a dirty flash so something is wrong, nvm, i'm gonna go back to Mahdi and wanna use Render Kernel, and was wondering which are the best settings to set in Synapse for governor and stuff? Mainly something that stays equal as for smoothness and battery.
27th November 2014, 12:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
okay so i tried your Lollipop kernel on P.A 5.0 and CM12 it was great but there was bugs : Installing apps via playstore would make the phone reboot, WIFI doesn't connect needs reboot (D800)
27th November 2014, 03:37 AM |#11  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Knock on seems to lag for me on aosp roms i tried this and thought it would help since everyone uses it but it didnot.what can i do to fix knock on pls?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)