[Q] Troubleshooting LG G2 heat buidup

Search This thread

Yoav420

Sep 3, 2014
Hi,
I hope it's the right forum for this kind of technical problems...
I've been having some temperature problems for a long while and my battery was draining extremely fast, so, I ordered a new battery on ebay (tagged 100% genuine, branded LG and everything...). I installed the new battery, which seems to work better than the last one, except the heat problem... my phone is heating up extremely fast and when it's hot you can't charge it, it charges like 10% per hour, meaning I need to turn of my phone and let it cool to get a proper charge.
Also, once is hot i'm getting the same rapid battery drain than I had before... The biggest problem is that the old battery was glued so tightly to the phone that I had to damage it in order to get it out, so I can't try to see if the old battery solves the problem.
Anyone has encountered similar temp problems?
Is there anything I can do except buying a new phone?
Thanks!

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hi,
I hope it's the right forum for this kind of technical problems...
I've been having some temperature problems for a long while and my battery was draining extremely fast, so, I ordered a new battery on ebay (tagged 100% genuine, branded LG and everything...). I installed the new battery, which seems to work better than the last one, except the heat problem... my phone is heating up extremely fast and when it's hot you can't charge it, it charges like 10% per hour, meaning I need to turn of my phone and let it cool to get a proper charge.
Also, once is hot i'm getting the same rapid battery drain than I had before... The biggest problem is that the old battery was glued so tightly to the phone that I had to damage it in order to get it out, so I can't try to see if the old battery solves the problem.
Anyone has encountered similar temp problems?
Is there anything I can do except buying a new phone?
Thanks!

Factory reset?

Yoav420

Sep 3, 2014
This may sound silly, but are you having heat issues when you have no aftermarket applications loaded..?

Or are you resetting it, then loading up all the apps again?

Just a few standard apps, facebook, whatsapp, waze... and I keep the ram cleared and all apps closed when I charge of course... I think the problem is with the hardware