FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG G3 d851 7.1.1 Nougat battery drain issue - looking for Stable ROM

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sbw17, Junior Member on 29th May 2017, 01:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Experts, if thread is wrong placed or duplicated, please remove it.

I have the following situation. Bought in US LG G3 phone for a kid. Phone was stated 855 ( I live in Europe). Once I bricked him trying to revert from 5.0 to 4.4 due to huge bateery drain, it was found that actual MB model is 851 TMO.

The current situation is:
1. Phone bootloader unlocked, rooted, installed 7.1.1 Nougat, Lineage OS 14.1-20170108-UNOFFICIAL-d851 flashed with adb.
Modem is: MPSS/DI.2.0.1c1_13-00009-M89***

2. Recently purchased 4G SIM from virtual provider of Partner

3. Kid complaints on following:
- battery drains to 0 in 2 hours ( new brand battery, manufactured 8 months ago)
No applications installed - GApps pico, Chrome, Root Checker and Waze.

APN be default were set to Partner 3G portal.
I changed APN to fit virtual provider settings:

- slow surfing - I took the phone today and it indeed switches all the time between 3G and H. Talked to provider, looks like they sent me wrong SIM ( 3G flashed ).
I also see in battery usage - Mobile Strength signal - a lot of yellow lines inside green.
Network signal is HSDPA @ 7.2 Mbps

I made cross SIM test - took the SIM from a friend ( different provider and tested it with my phone) - H+ all time and Network signal is HSDPA @ 42.2 Mbps

My "blaming finger" is SIM, but Im not sure this is the main issue for battery drain.

So, I expected to get a new SIM from provider and will test it.

Q1: Am I suspicions or it can be SIM issue?
Q2: I need battery good life ROM. I'm new to LG ( mine is A0001), so I'm not sure either stay with original TMO ROM, go to AICP or else ( preferable Nougat, otherwise MM or Lollipop much better)? The most usage is surfing, WhatsApp, etc
Q3: How to set LTE correct settings? the "4636" code gives me only testing mode?

Any help will be appreciated.

29th May 2017, 06:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Unstable signal drain your battery, just check the battery life without the sim.

I have the battery problem everytime i flash an AOSP; if i have full 100% battery and reboot the phone i got 4%-10% battery and the phone shoutdown cause no battery after a minute.
Btw try to calibrate the battery Apk
29th May 2017, 07:28 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haget83

Unstable signal drain your battery, just check the battery life without the sim.

I have the battery problem everytime i flash an AOSP; if i have full 100% battery and reboot the phone i got 4%-10% battery and the phone shoutdown cause no battery after a minute.
Btw try to calibrate the battery

Thanks mate, planned to do so. I remember that it was like 1 day standby with 4-5% battery lost only when no SIM was in there. will try again overnight.

Basically you say - go with Stock ROM? I'm a little scare since i can potentially loose ability to surf at all.

Tried wife SIM in there and no stable stable as well, when this SIM works well at her OnePlus. Still the result was better. Possible I have to clean all APN and stuff ( cache, so so so) before letting new SIM in.
or those are both bad SIM + bad ROM...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)