Thanks Meter: 45

Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2019, 10:22 AM |#91  
OP Member
Flag Guadalajara

More
2-year Update
So far, my fix has helped a lot of people, and I'm glad for that.
Recently I bought a D-851 Motherboard because the other one was already damage (even before I buy the entire device, RAM bending was the issue) so Still below 40°C and working right on LineageOS 16 (Android 9 Pie).

I will continue to update progress on this MB and possible another G3 I repair on the way...

Greetings!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to IngJulian_RVLX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IngJulian_RVLX Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 01:28 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
What a coincidence, updated today ? X)
Anyway, LG G3 here, started draining battery and overheating while idle , airplane mode, no WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS, barely any apps. Safe mode doesn't help.
Battery usage shows Android system (or OS) , as is the case with other people's G3s

While aluminium heatsink can fix the overheating, I don't think it can fix battery drain, which is cause by too much CPU being used for no reason, hence generating so much heat ?
17th May 2019, 11:28 PM |#93  
OP Member
Flag Guadalajara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Younex

What a coincidence, updated today ? X)
Anyway, LG G3 here, started draining battery and overheating while idle , airplane mode, no WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS, barely any apps. Safe mode doesn't help.
Battery usage shows Android system (or OS) , as is the case with other people's G3s

While aluminium heatsink can fix the overheating, I don't think it can fix battery drain, which is cause by too much CPU being used for no reason, hence generating so much heat ?

I fix battery issues flashing a custom ROM (LineageOS is my way to go) and the lastest Bootloader and Modem. On Stock v30 (Android 6 Marshmallow) I notice a tendency to continue using the CPU on Idle (Overheating the device at the same time)

My personal advice: Use a Custom ROM of your choice and update the Bootloader/Modem. Compare them and use CPU-Z to monitor SoC temperature.
18th May 2019, 03:19 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngJulian_RVLX

I fix battery issues flashing a custom ROM (LineageOS is my way to go) and the lastest Bootloader and Modem. On Stock v30 (Android 6 Marshmallow) I notice a tendency to continue using the CPU on Idle (Overheating the device at the same time)

My personal advice: Use a Custom ROM of your choice and update the Bootloader/Modem. Compare them and use CPU-Z to monitor SoC temperature.

forgot to mention, affected G3 is on 5.0.
Gonna attempt manually upgrading to 6.0 or 5.1.1, as some users reported it fixed their issues.
17th June 2019, 11:55 AM |#95  
Flag Alcalá de Henares
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Hi!, first of all, thanks for this thread and information. I have two G3 (D855). Motherboards died almost at the same time. I bought two new mobos (24€ / piece), with 3/32 GB.

With the new boards, the phones still tend to get hot. I'm tempted to do this procedure to avoid some heat but I'm afraid that the heat could be dumped straight into the screen, causing other kind of problems. What do you think about it?.

Thanks,
Sergio.
17th January 2020, 08:44 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hello everyone,

My G3 had a lot of similar symptoms and decided to try a trick learned at Experion doing PS4 warranty. I took my mainboard (minus heatshields on front/back) and placed it on a sheet of aluminum foil (after discharging via removing battery and holding power of course) in my oven and turned the oven on to 200F. After my oven got to temp and at 200F for 15 minutes, I turned the temp up to 250F, and repeat up to 275F. I turned the oven off and let it and mainboard completely cool overnight. This morning, I reassembled my phone and have been testing. So far, screen has stayed on and phone has been responsive after being powered on and running 3dmark continuously while working.
29th April 2020, 01:59 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had same issue. Its starts days after changing ROM. I have in my mind its software and not Hardware. I was with Stock ROM by Wendell Neves and never had this issue before. After I flashed Stock Rom this issue did come.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)