This is the newest root method for LG lollipop devices.
Try this method if the original guide or the original one-click guide don't work for you.
- This is a script for Send_Command.exe. Newest LG stock roms hate shell scripts.
- With a trick, I found a new way to remount /system in new roms as read-write.
- It will install SuperSU without flash nor override any device partition (means: no TWRP nor kitkat stack bootloader in this script).
- Tested with LG G3 D855P (20B). But may work with others LG lollipop devices.
- This method is for lollipop ONLY!
- Don't try to run this script if your device is already rooted!
- TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- LG drivers installed.
- A lollipop stock rom.
- Unencrypted device.
- Usb cable.
- LG G2
- D802 (30D)
- D805 (30A)
- LG G3
- D850 (21Q 21R)
- D851 (20E 20G)
- D852 (20F 20G)
- D855 (20G 20H 20I 20M 20P 20S 20T 20U 21A)
- D855K (20F)
- D855P (20B 20C)
- D858HK (20D)
- F400K (20I 20N)
- F460S (20M)
- VS985 (24B)
- LG GPAD
- 8.0 V490 (20A)
At the moment, not working with:
- LG G3
- AS990 (20A)
- F460K (20J)
- LG G4
My device isn't in the "Confirmed devices" list. Can I try anyway?
- Since you are using lollipop, there is no big risk for your device.
- But, in the worst case (if your device doesn't boot), you can enter in Download Mode and flash your rom again using the LG Flash Tool. And with the "Normal Flash" option you won't lose any personal data in your device.
- Using this root method, there is *NO RISK* (in theory) of your device lose the Download Mode. So, go ahead and try it! And please, don't forget to tell us your feedback!
Ok.... Let's go!
First method: Using the easy way with one-click script.
Script and zipfile maitained by @NBreunig3. Questions about this method should be directed to him.
Download and extract the zip file: http://bit.ly/1Ln9FKB
Then, exec the root.bat script.
Second method: Using the classic way.
- Enable ADB debugging
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with "You are now a developer".
- Back to Settings screen.
- In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging.
- Insert the USB cable
- Send the required files to the device
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- Go to Download Mode
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Power off the device.
- Hold volume up and insert the USB cable.
- Find which COM port your device is connected
Look for the DIAG port.
- Run the root installer script
Change the COMx with the correct port number of the DIAG port.
Send_Command.exe \\.\COMx < root Send_Command.exe \\.\COMx < reboot
Feedbacks are welcome!
@Chainfire for SuperSU
@Unjustified Dev for original guide
@avicohh for original one-click guide
@high247 for ports.bat
@NBreunig3 for one-click script