17th October 2016, 04:42 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pffcouk

If your screen is burnt they don't need to change the motherboard as well, so what they're essentially saying is they'll do what apple does and instead of fixing the phone they'll give you a replacement (at a cost to you).

The choice you need to make is whether to keep your warranty or your photos. If you want the warranty go down that route with LG.

If you want your photos replace the screen yourself or have someone do it for you. I run a phone repair business and can tell you the cost price of the g3 screens hovers between £25-40 depending on how many you buy and where from, so if you go to a shop expect to shell out around the equivalent of £50-60 in your currency. LG will, more than likely, charge you more.

That been said if its more than the screen and if your motherboard has decided to give up the ghost then you'd be cheaper and better off just buying another phone, unless you can somehow use that as a ticket to get LG to replace it for free given most motherboard failures have nothing to do with the user at fault.

If your mobo is dead they won't be able to detect root so don't worry about that.

i dont really know if its for sure a screen only faul or a motherboard one.

Thanks
17th October 2016, 04:43 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextheboss96

i dont really know if its for sure a screen only faul or a motherboard one.

Thanks

Where do you live Alex?
17th October 2016, 09:06 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pffcouk

Where do you live Alex?

Athens,Greece
20th October 2016, 10:40 PM |#14  
Coachella
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextheboss96

Look...
my screen is burnt and it isnt a software issue.
i contacted LG and said that in order to change the screen they have to change the motherboard too. Thats why i will lose all my data.
So im asking here, if there is a way to back up ot transfer my files from my lg to the pc through download mode so that when they fix my device i can put all the photos in there again.

You send that phone In and your never gonna see it again, they send you a refurbished one in it's place, say buy to them x rated pics.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)