FORUMS

Lg G3 Vigor [Sprint/ATT Variants]

293 posts
Thanks Meter: 169
 
By DaemeonZane, Senior Member on 27th August 2015, 02:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING.

With that out of the way, welcome to the G3 Vigor thread. I've cleaned up the OP for you all to better see what is available at this time.

For support for anything you find on this thread, come by #vigorgeneral on the Freenode IRC. You do not have to register your nick with NickServ to join but it is strongly encouraged to prevent someone from using your nick. If you do not know how to use an IRC client, or want to use your browser, got to The Freenode Webchat and you can join us there.

ROOT

We have root, using the method described by @avicohh, whose guide can be found here.

TWRP Recovery

Edit:
We have an updated 2.8.7.0 TWRP Recovery created by @dirtyhewr, which can be downloaded here. This is new as of 2 Feb 2016.

Exactly one month later, @dirtyhewr has released the NEW and improved TWRP 3.0 image. It can be found here.

Sprint and ATT FlashTool DLLs

@tripptofan gave us the Sprint DLL for the FlashTool, and multiple users can confirm that it works. Here is that DLL. Hyelton's Mirror of the DLL.

The ATT DLL can be found here. Thank @i2andog for that one.

Sprint TOT and ATT TOT

Thanks to @hyelton, the Sprint TOT can be downloaded here.

Thanks to @i2andog, who gave us the ATT DLL, we have a TOT as well for you ATT folks here.

ROMs and Kernels
Kernel: Dirty Kernel by @dirtyhewr. Flash through Flashify until further notice.


Honorable Mentions
A TWRP backup of all partitions other than /data and /cache, can be found here. It is based off ZV5, and only works for Sprint. If someone would like to contribute an ATT version for future use, upload it and I'll get it in the OP. Rooted is preferred.

I also have the ZV6 FOTA update for Sprint. It can be found here.
An added bonus: A-boot image for ZV6 and also the LS885 partition lists by name and block.

Check this OP regularly for future updates.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to DaemeonZane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaemeonZane Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 10:01 PM |#2  
PalmCentro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 686
 
More
@DaemeonZane
Thank you so much!!
Anyway to use the flashtool to unbrick the LS885??
29th August 2015, 10:25 PM |#3  
DaemeonZane's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris TX
Thanks Meter: 169
 
Donate to Me
More
So far, no. We need someone to locate the DLL and things for the FlashTool to work. Have you tried to use fastboot to push the recovery to the unit and using my TWRP backup to restore it? I'm not 100% on whether this unit HAS fastboot, but that could be an option.
As soon as someone is willing to dd their stock recovery we'll have a way to reflash the stock back to the device and try to cover any tracks left behind.

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu
31st August 2015, 06:35 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have the DLL file, but as I am a new user how can I upload?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tripptofan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tripptofan Ad-Free
31st August 2015, 06:38 PM |#5  
PalmCentro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 686
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemeonZane

So far, no. We need someone to locate the DLL and things for the FlashTool to work. Have you tried to use fastboot to push the recovery to the unit and using my TWRP backup to restore it? I'm not 100% on whether this unit HAS fastboot, but that could be an option.
As soon as someone is willing to dd their stock recovery we'll have a way to reflash the stock back to the device and try to cover any tracks left behind.

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu

How can i flash the TWRP in download mode?
As far as i know LG doesn't have a fastboot mode.....
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmCentro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PalmCentro Ad-Free
31st August 2015, 09:38 PM |#6  
dirtyhewr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 268
 
Donate to Me
More
I have this device... I 100% hate it due to the fact that the stock os sux more than anything I have ever known... it has 4 cpus, so one would think it would be a little fast, but no... wish someone would compile cm for it... I lack the necessary skills, though I have tried. . there is no device tree for it...

another problem faced with this device is the locked boot loader... although I understand theoretically it can be "bumped", should a Rom become available... I'm glad someone at least is trying to get a thread going tho! this is my first LG and will definitely be my last... but until the lease runs out, I am stuck with it...
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtyhewr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dirtyhewr Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 06:43 AM |#7  
DaemeonZane's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris TX
Thanks Meter: 169
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripptofan

I have the DLL file, but as I am a new user how can I upload?

You can upload it to dropbox or google drive and post a link here. That's so awesome, man!

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu
1st September 2015, 06:47 AM |#8  
DaemeonZane's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris TX
Thanks Meter: 169
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork!

How can i flash the TWRP in download mode?
As far as i know LG doesn't have a fastboot mode.....

Here's a way to enable fastboot. It requires root. I realize it says G3, but it does work.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-g3-...ot-mode-61660/


Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhewr

I have this device... I 100% hate it due to the fact that the stock os sux more than anything I have ever known... it has 4 cpus, so one would think it would be a little fast, but no... wish someone would compile cm for it... I lack the necessary skills, though I have tried. . there is no device tree for it...

another problem faced with this device is the locked boot loader... although I understand theoretically it can be "bumped", should a Rom become available... I'm glad someone at least is trying to get a thread going tho! this is my first LG and will definitely be my last... but until the lease runs out, I am stuck with it...

I'm a full time truck driver as well as an on the side certified technician. I won't be home for close to a month, but i synced the CM Repo and have a build environment set up. As soon as I can get back I'll get it rolling. I also have the source for stock and the straight android source. That way i can build a fully stock flashable zip.
Patience, my young Padawans


Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaemeonZane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaemeonZane Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 01:59 PM |#9  
PalmCentro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 686
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemeonZane

Here's a way to enable fastboot. It requires root. I realize it says G3, but it does work.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-g3-...ot-mode-61660/

That boots into download mode for me.
And i can't root now the phone because it's bricked... lol
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmCentro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PalmCentro Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 02:08 PM |#10  
Mr_Womp's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
... Sooo glad I didn't try than, so sorry but also thankful.

Sent from my LGLS885 using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2015, 05:48 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I used the method for unrooting a standard LG G3 I found elsewhere to fix an issue with a LS885 that was unsuccessfully rooted, but I have reached an impasse. After the s/w download finishes and the device restarts, the screen shows the number "2" and my computer tries to reconnect and install the LGE Android drivers. The problem is it never installs the drivers to connect again and the flash fails. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong here...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes