Lg G3 Vigor [Sprint/ATT Variants]

Search This thread

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING.

With that out of the way, welcome to the G3 Vigor thread. I've cleaned up the OP for you all to better see what is available at this time.

For support for anything you find on this thread, come by #vigorgeneral on the Freenode IRC. You do not have to register your nick with NickServ to join but it is strongly encouraged to prevent someone from using your nick. If you do not know how to use an IRC client, or want to use your browser, got to The Freenode Webchat and you can join us there.

ROOT

We have root, using the method described by @avicohh, whose guide can be found here.

TWRP Recovery

Edit:
We have an updated 2.8.7.0 TWRP Recovery created by @dirtyhewr, which can be downloaded here. This is new as of 2 Feb 2016.

Exactly one month later, @dirtyhewr has released the NEW and improved TWRP 3.0 image. It can be found here.

Sprint and ATT FlashTool DLLs

@tripptofan gave us the Sprint DLL for the FlashTool, and multiple users can confirm that it works. Here is that DLL. Hyelton's Mirror of the DLL.

The ATT DLL can be found here. Thank @i2andog for that one.

Sprint TOT and ATT TOT

Thanks to @hyelton, the Sprint TOT can be downloaded here.

Thanks to @i2andog, who gave us the ATT DLL, we have a TOT as well for you ATT folks here.

ROMs and Kernels
Kernel: Dirty Kernel by @dirtyhewr. Flash through Flashify until further notice.

Honorable Mentions
A TWRP backup of all partitions other than /data and /cache, can be found here. It is based off ZV5, and only works for Sprint. If someone would like to contribute an ATT version for future use, upload it and I'll get it in the OP. Rooted is preferred.

I also have the ZV6 FOTA update for Sprint. It can be found here.
An added bonus: A-boot image for ZV6 and also the LS885 partition lists by name and block.

Check this OP regularly for future updates.

Last edited:

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
So far, no. We need someone to locate the DLL and things for the FlashTool to work. Have you tried to use fastboot to push the recovery to the unit and using my TWRP backup to restore it? I'm not 100% on whether this unit HAS fastboot, but that could be an option.
As soon as someone is willing to dd their stock recovery we'll have a way to reflash the stock back to the device and try to cover any tracks left behind.

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
So far, no. We need someone to locate the DLL and things for the FlashTool to work. Have you tried to use fastboot to push the recovery to the unit and using my TWRP backup to restore it? I'm not 100% on whether this unit HAS fastboot, but that could be an option.
As soon as someone is willing to dd their stock recovery we'll have a way to reflash the stock back to the device and try to cover any tracks left behind.

How can i flash the TWRP in download mode?
As far as i know LG doesn't have a fastboot mode.....

Reactions: DaemeonZane

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
I have this device... I 100% hate it due to the fact that the stock os sux more than anything I have ever known... it has 4 cpus, so one would think it would be a little fast, but no... wish someone would compile cm for it... I lack the necessary skills, though I have tried. . there is no device tree for it...

another problem faced with this device is the locked boot loader... although I understand theoretically it can be "bumped", should a Rom become available... I'm glad someone at least is trying to get a thread going tho! this is my first LG and will definitely be my last... but until the lease runs out, I am stuck with it...

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
How can i flash the TWRP in download mode?
As far as i know LG doesn't have a fastboot mode.....

Here's a way to enable fastboot. It requires root. I realize it says G3, but it does work.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-g3-fastboot-mode-61660/

I have this device... I 100% hate it due to the fact that the stock os sux more than anything I have ever known... it has 4 cpus, so one would think it would be a little fast, but no... wish someone would compile cm for it... I lack the necessary skills, though I have tried. . there is no device tree for it...

another problem faced with this device is the locked boot loader... although I understand theoretically it can be "bumped", should a Rom become available... I'm glad someone at least is trying to get a thread going tho! this is my first LG and will definitely be my last... but until the lease runs out, I am stuck with it...
I'm a full time truck driver as well as an on the side certified technician. I won't be home for close to a month, but i synced the CM Repo and have a build environment set up. As soon as I can get back I'll get it rolling. I also have the source for stock and the straight android source. That way i can build a fully stock flashable zip.
Patience, my young Padawans:p

Mr_Womp

Aug 28, 2015
... Sooo glad I didn't try than, so sorry but also thankful.

Sent from my LGLS885 using XDA Free mobile app

tripptofan

Aug 22, 2015
I used the method for unrooting a standard LG G3 I found elsewhere to fix an issue with a LS885 that was unsuccessfully rooted, but I have reached an impasse. After the s/w download finishes and the device restarts, the screen shows the number "2" and my computer tries to reconnect and install the LGE Android drivers. The problem is it never installs the drivers to connect again and the flash fails. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong here...

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
@tripptofan: I saw something on that over at the regular G3. The fix may be the same. http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/problem-returning-to-stock-try-t2862463
We share a lot of similarities with other LG devices, especially the G3, but their ROMs won't work for us. Yet. In the meantime I'm trying to talk to a buddy of mine on here to see what he can do to help out with ROM development. Until we get ROMs for this unit and get everything else going, we're stuck using just a thread.

tripptofan

Aug 22, 2015
@tripptofan: I saw something on that over at the regular G3. The fix may be the same. http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/problem-returning-to-stock-try-t2862463
We share a lot of similarities with other LG devices, especially the G3, but their ROMs won't work for us. Yet. In the meantime I'm trying to talk to a buddy of mine on here to see what he can do to help out with ROM development. Until we get ROMs for this unit and get everything else going, we're stuck using just a thread.

Do we still need the stock software for this model? If so I'm putting it to the drive right now.

NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE COME TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE BRICKED YOUR G3 VIGOR, FOLLOW THE LINK THAT @DaemeonZane HAS PROVIDED ABOVE!
Using the steps listed above and the stock software and DLL file that should be provided in this thread soon you can restore the LS885 to it's factory settings.

Thanks, Daemeon. Those steps in the link you provided were VERY similar to what I had tried before except for one. Once I put everything in order I got this blasted thing up and running.

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
Everyone, the OP has been updated with the FlashTool DLL for our device. Someone needs to get a backup of the stock ROM without the bloat or root. The sooner we have that the better.

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
New Edit: 01SEPT2015
WE HAVE A FLASHTOOL DLL
Thanks to @tripptofan we now have the DLL for the FlashTool, and can confirm that it works. [URL="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEz5IwVewkJbDFRNGx2TTlIUjg/view?usp=sharing ]Here is that DLL.[/URL]

Where's the stock firmware?
Also the DLL download link isn't good...
Btw change the [color] add a /
lol

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
Reactions: Mr_Womp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING.

With that out of the way, welcome to the G3 Vigor thread. I've cleaned up the OP for you all to better see what is available at this time.

For support for anything you find on this thread, come by #vigorgeneral on the Freenode IRC. You do not have to register your nick with NickServ to join but it is strongly encouraged to prevent someone from using your nick. If you do not know how to use an IRC client, or want to use your browser, got to The Freenode Webchat and you can join us there.

ROOT

We have root, using the method described by @avicohh, whose guide can be found here.

TWRP Recovery

Edit:
    We have an updated 2.8.7.0 TWRP Recovery created by @dirtyhewr, which can be downloaded here. This is new as of 2 Feb 2016.

Exactly one month later, @dirtyhewr has released the NEW and improved TWRP 3.0 image. It can be found here.

Sprint and ATT FlashTool DLLs

@tripptofan gave us the Sprint DLL for the FlashTool, and multiple users can confirm that it works. Here is that DLL. Hyelton's Mirror of the DLL.

The ATT DLL can be found here. Thank @i2andog for that one.

Sprint TOT and ATT TOT

Thanks to @hyelton, the Sprint TOT can be downloaded here.

Thanks to @i2andog, who gave us the ATT DLL, we have a TOT as well for you ATT folks here.

ROMs and Kernels
    Kernel: Dirty Kernel by @dirtyhewr. Flash through Flashify until further notice.

Honorable Mentions
    A TWRP backup of all partitions other than /data and /cache, can be found here. It is based off ZV5, and only works for Sprint. If someone would like to contribute an ATT version for future use, upload it and I'll get it in the OP. Rooted is preferred.

I also have the ZV6 FOTA update for Sprint. It can be found here.
    An added bonus: A-boot image for ZV6 and also the LS885 partition lists by name and block.

Check this OP regularly for future updates.
    CM source is ready to roll. I'm pulling the device blobs now for Sprint. If someone with the AT&T version is feeling adventurous, there's a link I posted for @dirtyhewr on how to pull your device blobs. I'd like someone to pull theirs from the AT&T version, so we can get a ROM going for you guys as well.
    The more work we can get done, the sooner we can get our own forum and stop using a thread for everything.
    Anyone familiar with development, or who knows (either personally or what have you) someone who is and who would be interested in putting together some themes, ROM variations, or who would like to set up a dev team, pm me.
    It doesn't pay, but it's a damn good way to learn how to cook up some ROMs.
    Those of you who asked to beta test, make sure you have @dirtyhewr's jagc TWRP, and a backup. If you can afford to do so, get SuperSu Pro. It can maintain root across OTAs and whatnot, and will come in handy. In the meantime, we let my PC do the heavy lifting while I get some much needed sleep. See you all mañana.

Sent From A Potato Using Kung-Fu
    Anyone want to try?

TOT for LS885: LS885ZV4_04.21101.tot - 1822.0 Mb

Also I might can get an D725PR file which should work on the AT&T D725

Guide: http://xdaforums.com/g4/general/guide-lg-g4-stock-firmware-to-stock-kdz-t3107848 (Follow the TOT one)
    hey all

ill be working on it tonight... my ex's father went in for a liver transplant, so its been a little chaotic... my ex went out of town with her family, and i had my daughter while she was gone...

i have a few more things to do todasy before i can settle in, but ill be back in a while... see what i can see...
    Dirtyhewr, how was Bartending, also, any new progress?

not really... been super busy... I'm still having problems getting the kernel to compile., there's like a million settings for a kernel, and every time i change one thing, the whole kernel has to try to build again... takes about 15 min per time... just time consuming.. I have my daughter tonight, but she will be in bed by 730... after that, ill be working on it...