FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OTA Update to v10E

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 24
 
By mingocr83, Senior Member on 22nd July 2014, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2014, 11:36 AM |#21  
bobsie41's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 353
 
Donate to Me
More
I have just downloaded the kdz from @KnightUK s link and it is 81mb larger than an earlier generic 10e that I have downloaded.
 
 
22nd July 2014, 11:38 AM |#22  
2dorr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruzj

Me too... I am rooted (IOroot) and updated to v10e. Root still there Now checking to see what is updated... D855 Int 32GB

Can you please make a link of the firmware by downloading this way? I am interested in the 32GB version.

If you wish to download the latest kdz for your device use this url and switch the *'s to your imei number,

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...**************

Thanks
22nd July 2014, 11:39 AM |#23  
kinnyfaifai's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...evice-t2805857 - follow the instructions with your IMEI number and paste the output for the rest of us (you can remove your IMEI before you paste it!)

Here's mine without my IMEI, looks the same as KnightUK's:

<response req_cmd="auth_model_check" status="OK">
<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<model>LGD855</model>
<suffix>A6GBTN</suffix>
<msn>406KPYR024434</msn>
<esn_date/>
<sw_version>D85510E_00</sw_version>
<sw_url>
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D85510E_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_flag>N</cs_em_flag>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
<chip_type></chip_type>
<prod_type>2</prod_type>
</auth_model_check>
</response>
The Following User Says Thank You to kinnyfaifai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinnyfaifai Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:44 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
@2dorr Mine is:

<response req_cmd="auth_model_check" status="OK">
<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<esn>***************</esn>
<model>LGD855</model>
<suffix>ASEATN</suffix>
<msn>406KPSL252894</msn>
<esn_date/>
<sw_version>V10E_00</sw_version>
<sw_url>
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D85510E_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_flag>N</cs_em_flag>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
<chip_type></chip_type>
<prod_type>2</prod_type>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

And my download is a whopping 1.2GB
The Following User Says Thank You to vyruzj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vyruzj Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 11:51 AM |#25  
2dorr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruzj

@2dorr Mine is:

<response req_cmd="auth_model_check" status="OK">
<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<esn>***************</esn>
<model>LGD855</model>
<suffix>ASEATN</suffix>
<msn>406KPSL252894</msn>
<esn_date/>
<sw_version>V10E_00</sw_version>
<sw_url>
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D85510E_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_flag>N</cs_em_flag>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
<chip_type></chip_type>
<prod_type>2</prod_type>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

And my download is a whopping 1.2GB

Thanks. You have an Asian firmware?
22nd July 2014, 11:51 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Doncaster S.Yorks
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

I have just downloaded the kdz from @KnightUK s link and it is 81mb larger than an earlier generic 10e that I have downloaded.

The one i downloaded over the air last night was only 43mb in size.
22nd July 2014, 11:54 AM |#27  
Lennyuk's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,760
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightUK

The one i downloaded over the air last night was only 43mb in size.

The OTA size and the KDZ files don't necessarily have to be the same in size changes as one is patching and one is a full flash.
22nd July 2014, 11:54 AM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dorr

Thanks. You have an Asian firmware?

Yeap, I am from Malaysia...
22nd July 2014, 11:54 AM |#29  
Spewy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Manchester
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

Unbranded?

Yes
22nd July 2014, 11:59 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Flag Doncaster S.Yorks
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

The OTA size and the KDZ files don't necessarily have to be the same in size changes as one is patching and one is a full flash.

Oh i didnt know that, i retract my previous comment and call me stupid hehehe.

Any idea why my changelog only said 1.Apps...it seemed strange considering everyone else has something like battery optimization.

screenshot of the changelog from last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickMemo+_2014-07-22-01-13-26.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	2864762   Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickMemo+_2014-07-22-01-20-39.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	2864763  
22nd July 2014, 12:02 PM |#31  
daleski75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 6,548
 
More
Flashed 10e provided by KnightUK on my 3 branded G3 and it refuses to stick to LTE so will be flashing back to stock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes