Refurbished/Fake LG G3 Check Now Available

Did it help you evade a Refurb?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
Are there any risks attached with using the phone as it is? I mean is it going to be trouble some late?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk
Yeah its probably a VS985 rebranded as D855 ( International). You can flash VS985 Recovery (TWRP) onto it and then Flash any VS985 ROM onto.
Couple of pages back a guy flashed a suitable recovery and then flashed a custom rom onto it. Proceed with great caution indeed if u want custom rom etc.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA-Developers mobile app

erfanzz

Nov 29, 2015
is there any diferent in camera quality and other things between original and refurbrished ?!

Benjinh0

Jan 19, 2017
I bought a so called d855 on aliexpress, i. Recovery mode it says LS990ZV4 will this ever workon 4g in UK or does it not support correct bands? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Credrili

Jun 6, 2012
I bought a D855 off ebay, this method returned my build number in recovery but I'm still reserved.

I can't update the OS, using 4.4.2, and the software center just says I'm running the latest. If I'm on official, why can't I update it?

CPU is Qualcomm, and I've got the 16 GB version with 2GB RAM.

Any help is appreciated. This method certainly boosted my confidence that I have a real device.

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
I bought a D855 off ebay, this method returned my build number in recovery but I'm still reserved.

I can't update the OS, using 4.4.2, and the software center just says I'm running the latest. If I'm on official, why can't I update it?

CPU is Qualcomm, and I've got the 16 GB version with 2GB RAM.

Any help is appreciated. This method certainly boosted my confidence that I have a real device.

You can safely flash LP or MM KDZ or root your device and then flash a custom rom onto it (if need be).

I recommend flashing LP KDZ then root it and flash Fulmic 6.7 ROM, Xceed Kernel onto it.
You can check this thread for flashing a KDZ file.
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785089

Credrili

Jun 6, 2012
You can safely flash LP or MM KDZ or root your device and then flash a custom rom onto it (if need be).

I recommend flashing LP KDZ then root it and flash Fulmic 6.7 ROM, Xceed Kernel onto it.
You can check this thread for flashing a KDZ file.
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785089

I just did, installed TWRP, then Fulmic latest.

Keeps rebooting into TWRP now. Would a fake D855 boot into the D855 Fulmic at least or not at all?

Edit: Just tried latest CRdroid, it failed on install, it said I didn't have the right baseband version.

Edit2: Installed CloudyG3 ROM and it's working fine. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
I just did, installed TWRP, then Fulmic latest.

Keeps rebooting into TWRP now. Would a fake D855 boot into the D855 Fulmic at least or not at all?

Edit: Just tried latest CRdroid, it failed on install, it said I didn't have the right baseband version.

Edit2: Installed CloudyG3 ROM and it's working fine. Not sure what happened.
No, a fake D855 would take its last breadth right after flashing custom recovery ;)
That might be due to KK bootstack, Flash an LP KDZ then root and install TWRP. All Roms should work fine then.

Last edited:

Credrili

Jun 6, 2012
No, a fake D855 would take its last breadth right after flashing custom recovery ;)
That might be due to KK bootstack, Flash an LP KDZ then root and install TWRP. All Roms should work fine then.
Haha thanks! Appreciate it!

Last question of minor importance - is there a Euro D855 and a Hong Kong D855 - or just one variant, what I have right now?

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
Haha thanks! Appreciate it!

Last question of minor importance - is there a Euro D855 and a Hong Kong D855 - or just one variant, what I have right now?

They're almost identical except for the Baseband/Modem. A friend of fine had the Hong Kong D855 variant but suffered poor signal reception.
You can check that by the firmware that Originally came with your phone. I don't know for sure but if it was something like "v10HKGxx" then its Hong Kong variant probably.

Credrili

Jun 6, 2012
They're almost identical except for the Baseband/Modem. A friend of fine had the Hong Kong D855 variant but suffered poor signal reception.
You can check that by the firmware that Originally came with your phone. I don't know for sure but if it was something like "v10HKGxx" then its Hong Kong variant probably.

Mine did not have HKG but I would like to double check.

Do you know where it could be stored at on the phone besides system info?

Perhaps a system file or build prop? When I turned the phone on, the default language was Chinese or Korean not sure haha!

I'm going to UK and don't want to have a paper weight. I have 25 days or so to return the phone and get a full refund.

zeeshan25

Jan 19, 2016
I bought it yesterday And it wasn't connecting to the lg pc suite so I used this guide to check mine
According to the Software Ver of Mobile it says : KVT49L.D85510o
But In boot menu it says : KVT49L.LS990
Then I came to know that its actually ls990 model but they have done D855 model software on it just to globally unlock it
Now I dont get update on mobile nor can I update it from lg pc suite Can anyone please help me so I can update my mob to lollipop or marshmallow without country locking it?

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
I bought it yesterday And it wasn't connecting to the lg pc suite so I used this guide to check mine
According to the Software Ver of Mobile it says : KVT49L.D85510o
But In boot menu it says : KVT49L.LS990
Then I came to know that its actually ls990 model but they have done D855 model software on it just to globally unlock it
Now I dont get update on mobile nor can I update it from lg pc suite Can anyone please help me so I can update my mob to lollipop or marshmallow without country locking it?
You're not alone here mate :/
If you check a few pages back, a guy @imranrony successful flashed ls990 recovery on to his phone and installed a custom rom like Fulmics. You can pm him or just root your device since root method is same for all devices then Flash LS990 recovery and flash any LS990 rom. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

zeeshan25

Jan 19, 2016
You're not alone here mate :/
If you check a few pages back, a guy @imranrony successful flashed ls990 recovery on to his phone and installed a custom rom like Fulmics. You can pm him or just root your device since root method is same for all devices then Flash LS990 recovery and flash any LS990 rom. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Thnx Alot firend I will text him

muradak5545

Oct 13, 2016
I wants to know about lg g4.
Its orignal or refurbished but how to know please someone guide me.thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [WORKED FOR ME ON STOCK KK WITH STOCK RECOVERY]
    This guide will prepare you well to battle against all the Fake/Refurbished LG G3's present in the Market.
    I recently upgraded to LG G3 D855 and was faced with alarming numbers of Refurbs.
    In this guide, i'll explain each and every step that I produced to avoid any refurbished or Fake G3

Q.What the heck is 'Refurbished'?

Well, you already know its basic meaning but i'll ponder upon the Refurbished G3 D855.
    Refurbished G3's typically show D855 in the 'About Screen' and even you can put the Hidden Menu Code i.e 3845#*855#. Almost all assume that its an ORIGINAL/GENUINE D855. In most cases, that's not true lad :crying:. All D855 Refurbs got D850/VS985/LS990 mobo and thus you will not be able to mess with it or even install a Custom ROM on it. Above all, it's a Fake one Dude! That's not what you paid for.
    Now if you follow each and every step carefully, even if you are a noob, you'll eventually end up with a Genuine D855 :good:

Things you need BEFORE buying..
    1. Laptop/PC
    2. Attached adb files within this thread.
    3. Data Cable.

Instructions:
    1. Enable Android Debugging by hoping into Developers Options.
    2.Go to Setting->General->About->Software Info->Build Number [Write it down as you'll need this Later!]
    3.Change the Connection mode to MTP.
    4.After extracting the attached folder, Right Click on it WHILE holding the Shift key. Now click on "Open command Window here" and type the following commands.
    adb devices
    [Now you'll see an Authentication Box on your device, check trust this computer and hit OK]
    Now Type,
    adb reboot recovery
    Here comes the moment of truth ;)
    At top of the recovery screen you'll either see D850/VS985/LS990 or your Build Number. It's quite obvious that if your Build Number appears, you got a Genuine D855. If you get some other crap written there then all my apologies with you mate!

PS: I didn't include the IMEI check as all these Refurb phones come with Original D855 IMEI. Never Trust the IMEI check under no circumstances!

Troubleshooting:
    Q.'Device Not found' Error after following the set of adb commands?
    Make sure after typing 'adb devices' you get the 'Android USB Debugging' Dialog on your device, else you can try reconnecting the cable or even using another port on your Laptop/PC.
    Q.My Phone booted into TWRP/CWM?
    Well, that happened with a friend of mine and now it's quite tricky to check if it's a D855 or any other. You can try making a backup of EFS (or any other partiton) and reboot your device after that. Now browse into TWRP folder and hop into Backups folder. If you see a LGD850xxxxx (or anything like LGVS985xxxx etc) then it's a refurb set else if you see LGD855xxxxx, you can calm down now as it's a D855.

Good Luck, Hit 'Thanks' if this saved your a**[emoji14]

It says d850. What more do you need
    Anyone who faced unexpected shut downs on their g3?
    Running on stock marshmallow and sometime my d851 would shut down for no reason sometime at 30 percent and sometimes at 60 percent battery charge.

This never happens when I charge my phone overnight though. Should I order a replacement battery?

99% sure it is your battery gone bad. It happened to me too, after a new battery the problem is gone.
    I got mine refurbished, but it's genuine! Thanks for the guide, saved my butt, haha!

(insert witty signature here...)
    You can check LG by IMEI number

just go to http://imei24.com/imei_check/LG/

you will get any info about your LG,

including Device age

Code:
    IMEI	35718806283xxxx
    Model	LGLS770
    MSN	507CYBD0283885
    SUFIX	ABMUTNH
    Production date	2015-07-22
    Release date	2015-07-27
    Device age	1 year(s) 0 month(s) 30 day(s)
    Location code	N
    Network and country	BMU BOOST MOBILE
    CSN	LG0000746142694

so you can easy check if your phone is older then shuld be

regards