Camera not working

Search This thread

Fr33aKk

Feb 21, 2016
Hello,
so for the past few weeks my camera hasn't been working and I finally decided to ask you guys for help.
It all started when I wanted to try RR but it kept asking for 21C modem so I quickly downloaded one and flashed it. So I checked what I needed and restored Fulmics from the nandroid backup I made, but the camera app stared to just crash and since then I pretty much don't have camera.

What I've tried till now:
  1. Restoring to stock
  2. Flashing Fulmics again
  3. Replacing the camera

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
By restoring to stock, do you mean flashing a TOT or KDZ file?
If you have done that and still not working you have something broken in your hardware.

Is the front camera working?
I guess you have already tried a different camera app.

Brgds

Sent from my phone

Fr33aKk

Feb 21, 2016
By restoring to stock, do you mean flashing a TOT or KDZ file?
If you have done that and still not working you have something broken in your hardware.

Is the front camera working?
I guess you have already tried a different camera app.

Brgds

Sent from my phone

Sorry for the late reply. I used the kdz file. The front camera is working. The thing is that yesterday the camera worked for a few minutes just fine. It's strange.

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
Sorry for the late reply. I used the kdz file. The front camera is working. The thing is that yesterday the camera worked for a few minutes just fine. It's strange.

Ummm... sounds strange... maybe your camera is partly broken, did you drop your phone or something before this problem? If so, the camera could have a bad connection to the motherboard or is about to die.

Fr33aKk

Feb 21, 2016
Ummm... sounds strange... maybe your camera is partly broken, did you drop your phone or something before this problem? If so, the camera could have a bad connection to the motherboard or is about to die.

I know right? I've never dropped it. I replaced the camera so I wonder if it can somehow be a software problem...

nemor44

Jun 24, 2015
Same issue here, was running fulmics for several months with no issue, then suddenly and out of nowhere my camera app started to fail. At first the front camera looked stretched and weird and some app buttons dissapeared such as flash, but I could still choose front or rear camera and both worked fine. Then it got worse and the button to switch cameras dissapeared completely. I tried re flashing fulmics, tried xenon rom, tried back to stock... nothing so far. I tried booting in safe mode and the camera app gives me the option to choose rear camera but when I press it the app crashes.
I hope someone can find a fix for this!

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
Same issue here, was running fulmics for several months with no issue, then suddenly and out of nowhere my camera app started to fail. At first the front camera looked stretched and weird and some app buttons dissapeared such as flash, but I could still choose front or rear camera and both worked fine. Then it got worse and the button to switch cameras dissapeared completely. I tried re flashing fulmics, tried xenon rom, tried back to stock... nothing so far. I tried booting in safe mode and the camera app gives me the option to choose rear camera but when I press it the app crashes.
I hope someone can find a fix for this!
No software update inbetween? Sounds like a hardware issue, try cleaning your connections and reattaching the Camera tightly.

The camera module is extremely close to the problematic overheating chip in the G3, so it's not impossible something got messed up.

AnassLs

Aug 28, 2017
I have Exactly the same problem.. Pleaaase someone give us a solution.. Fulmics ruined our phones :(

Last edited:

yasirow

Oct 10, 2014
istanbul
I have that same problem. Resolved?
There were fulmics rum. I decided to replace it with RR rom. The rear camera did not work, the flash did not work.
I installed a different kernel but it was not resolved.
Help plsss