FORUMS

[Fix] Fix for VOIP calling on lollipop roms where microphone doesnt work

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By marcelol151, Junior Member on 22nd December 2014, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
*Only tested on D855 so I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device after this.*

I installed Cyanogenmod 12 on my D855 but noticed that the microphone would not work with VOIP applications. I looked into this and found a fix which is pretty simple as it only involves changing the build.prop.

Procedure
1. Using a File Explorer that will allow you to access root files, find the build.prop file in the "system" folder
2. Backup your build.prop by adding .bak onto the end of the filename (just to be sure )
3. Using a text editor, change the line use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true to use.dedicated.device.for.voip=false
4. [I]After you have edited the build.prop as above, restart the device. Changes should take effect.[I]
5. [I]The microphone should have access to VOIP apps now.[I]

I was struggling to find this for a few hours. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please write them down below. If it worked, say thanks.

Merry Christmas
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to marcelol151 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcelol151 Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 10:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Thankyou! I was just about to start looking into the VoIP issue then saw your post. Very happy I have VoIP now for Christmas calls.

Do you mind if I link this to the D855 cm12 development thread?
22nd December 2014, 01:39 PM |#3  
Flag Darwin
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Can't believe is this so simple? Thanks so much!!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd December 2014, 03:15 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroonys3

Thankyou! I was just about to start looking into the VoIP issue then saw your post. Very happy I have VoIP now for Christmas calls.

Do you mind if I link this to the D855 cm12 development thread?

Yes of course you can link it, I am new here so I couldnt post it on any popular or relevant thread in regards to G3 Development. If you could give credit when sharing it would be great. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to marcelol151 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcelol151 Ad-Free
2nd February 2015, 02:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelol151

*Only tested on D855 so I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device after this.*

I installed Cyanogenmod 12 on my D855 but noticed that the microphone would not work with VOIP applications. I looked into this and found a fix which is pretty simple as it only involves changing the build.prop.

Procedure
1. Using a File Explorer that will allow you to access root files, find the build.prop file in the "system" folder
2. Backup your build.prop by adding .bak onto the end of the filename (just to be sure )
3. Using a text editor, change the line use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true to use.dedicated.device.for.voip=false
4. [I]After you have edited the build.prop as above, restart the device. Changes should take effect.[I]

I was struggling to find this for a few hours. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please write them down below. If it worked, say thanks.

Merry Christmas

I Cant Find this string in my build.prop . my phone is samsung s3 mini running lolipop 5.0.2
3rd February 2015, 11:54 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdik.m

I Cant Find this string in my build.prop . my phone is samsung s3 mini running lolipop 5.0.2

I couldnt really help you with that one as I dont own an S3 Mini at all. If you could send me your build prop in PM maybe I could try have a look at it. Thanks
28th March 2015, 08:04 AM |#7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelol151

Procedure

Merry Christmas

Hey I tried this method now when I receive call it works but when I call to someone no voice recived for both side..any solution?
3rd April 2015, 03:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Change True to false(PCM. Voip...) working here.
10th May 2015, 02:31 PM |#9  
Flag Kingstown
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cant find
that line is not on Pacman 4.4.4 for lg e980
25th December 2015, 12:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i cant find the line user..... help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)