FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

G3 will not power on after charging - DEAD NO POWER - Buttons unresponsive

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By homerlovesbeer, Member on 17th August 2014, 09:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone failed today. It was working perfectly when I put it on charge with 15% battery left.

An hour or so later when I took it off the screen the phone is dead. All buttons unresponsive, tried different chargers, then took it to a shopping centre repair place who tested the battery and said it had charge in it. The LG charger still works perfectly with my S3 so it can't be the charger.

So I'm gutted as I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and all my photos are on it. I tried plugging it in to a USB port on my PC but no joy.

Any ideas?

17th August 2014, 10:41 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Guys I've love some help here.....
ta
17th August 2014, 10:56 AM |#3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Well at this stage it doesn't look like there's much you can do! Can you access download mode? Take out the battery for a minute, put it back and power on with power+volume up. If it switches on you could try flashing a stock lg rom.

I'm new to LG so probably not the best help you can get, hopefully someone else can be of more assistance!

Sent from my LG-D855
17th August 2014, 01:06 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
No I can't. The phone is stone cold dead. Nothing works, no power. I can't send it back under warranty as I'll lose all my holiday pics. I MUST get this working or at least get it repaired without losing my data.

Thanks
17th August 2014, 09:46 PM |#5  
Flag The Command Center
Thanks Meter: 111

More
I have one piece of advice. Hold the power button for 8 seconds. Other than that plug it up for a few hours and try again.

It sounds like you are gonna be returning it though. If you return it I would emphasis the importance of the photos. Maybe they could do something.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
17th August 2014, 11:01 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlovesbeer

No I can't. The phone is stone cold dead. Nothing works, no power. I can't send it back under warranty as I'll lose all my holiday pics. I MUST get this working or at least get it repaired without losing my data.

Thanks

You should try to explain that you really need those photos to the people who will repair it, maybe they come uo with something. And from now on you should use something like dropbox to back up your photos.

Sent from my LG-D855
17th August 2014, 11:15 PM |#7  
Flag The Command Center
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Amazon cloud for photos. 5gb free. My stuff is automatically backed up on WiFi.

17th August 2014, 11:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Google plus will automatically backup every picture you take on the cloud as well. They don't have to be shared public ally either....

That being said, I woul doubt the phone is totally dead. I would remove the battery for a while and then reinstall it and put it on the charger overnight or something. Another option would be to go into a store that has g3 on display and use it's battery to power your phone up.
18th August 2014, 12:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,977

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlovesbeer

Thanks

External sd?

Sent from my LG-D855
18th August 2014, 01:30 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern87

I have one piece of advice. Hold the power button for 8 seconds. Other than that plug it up for a few hours and try again.

It sounds like you are gonna be returning it though. If you return it I would emphasis the importance of the photos. Maybe they could do something.

Yep I've tried this. No joy. I have a dropbox account but my 2 years free S3 promotion expired so no photos have been saved to dropbox

My phone is a grey import from Hong Kong (I'm in Australia) so there is no way I can expect to have my pics on the phone if I return it under warranty.
18th August 2014, 03:59 AM |#11  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectas

External sd?

Sent from my LG-D855

My thoughts exactly although ive had a few of those die on me as well. Just backed up my entire device using a 2 tb HD and usb OTG today actually.

Myself Like a few others who have also probably learned the hard way..always back up to a cloud of some sort as well.

I use drop box coupled with dropsync. I realize this does not help you now but will in the future.

Hope you get your pics back man.

Sent from Canada via my Note 3, Note 2 or One X+
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead, failed, lg g3, power

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)