(Help) LG G3 (D855) is in boot loop

Search This thread

skade

Nov 12, 2007
I had my set running on stock unrooted and was trying to install segoe UI font via ifont app. After I set my font thru the app, the phone rebooted and it went into a boot loop on the android logo. I tried to hard reset but it still went into the same issue of the boot loop.

What can I do to fix it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I had my set running on stock unrooted and was trying to install segoe UI font via ifont app. After I set my font thru the app, the phone rebooted and it went into a boot loop on the android logo. I tried to hard reset but it still went into the same issue of the boot loop.

What can I do to fix it?

follow these steps:
1) go to lg site and install lg pc suite
2)connect to pc in download mode(press and hold volume + when inserting usb cable)
3) in the lg pc suite program press repair and follow steps
3*) in case your pc does not recognize your phone download and install this
4) if that does not work try this
5) eugm that was it actually if that didn't work bring it in for a swap/repair

skade

Nov 12, 2007
follow these steps:
2)connect to pc in download mode(press and hold volume + when inserting usb cable)

you saved me and my phone!!! Thank you so much for the detailed steps! :good::highfive:

ant78

Jul 13, 2008
Manchester

What can I do to fix it?

doesnt that app need root permissions?

subwoffer13

Apr 17, 2013
Bat Yam
follow these steps:

where's the repair button ? cant find it anywhere

Reactions: wellwisher_a

nickswe

May 1, 2013
This solution helped me! I soft bricked my LG G3 D855 European version by changing a XML file for increasing highest allowed volume as the volume is very low on the LG G3 phone. It caught me in a boot loop and I found this thread.

This is what I did:

1. Removed battery and noted down the IMEI number of my phone.
2. Opened link: csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=XXX
(Where XXX is my IMEI number WITHOUT any dashes! -> Important or your link will fail). Link gave me a kdz file to download on about 1.2 GB.
3. Started phone in Download mode (Volume Up while inserting USB cable --> Note you need LG USB drivers installed).
4. Ran LG Flash tool and chosed my kdz file that I retrieved in step 2. Pressed START and ignored any warnings.
5. The phone downloaded the kdz file to phone and restarted twice.

All good!

Thanks sooo much!!!

Aug 6, 2014
Johannesburg
Easy way to recover LG G3 D8550

Hey guys heres an easy way to recover the bricked / bootlooped LG G3.

it really is as easy as plug in and choose the update recovery after the phone is checked.

Love you all.

Attachments

• B2CAppSetup.rar
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,972
Reactions: u1988
Aug 6, 2014
Johannesburg
Hi. Sorry i guess i was a bit too fast to post.

The file is an installer for the windows pc.

Please make sure that usb drivers are installed at least. The phone must be switched off and then started in download mode by pressing volume up while inserting the cable.

The installed program will then check the phone and probably say that the phone is fine. But then you have to choose the "update recovery" option in the application.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Galaxy_S_

Sep 10, 2010
Anchorage, AK

What can I do to fix it?

follow these steps:

Same exact thing happened to me as the OP. Tried following suljo94's steps and it is not working. I've installed, deleted and reinstalled the drivers about 5 different times and all of them install fine except for the Android MTP device driver. It fails every time, and the LG PC Suite won't recognize my phone. It's on download mode, it's up on the phone screen and everything. Tried unplugging it and replugging it from both phone and computer, pulling the battery, using a different USB cable. Nothing works. Uninstalled and reinstalled LG PC Suite too. I really would rather do it this way because I don't want to lose all of the stuff on my phone, but I've been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now and I need my phone. I am seriously at my last nerve before I say screw it and just use the LG Flash tool and wipe everything. Which I really don't want to do =[ Does anyone have any other suggestions to get the PC Suite working?

nickswe

May 1, 2013
Same exact thing happened to me as the OP. Tried following suljo94's steps and it is not working. I've installed, deleted and reinstalled the drivers about 5 different times and all of them install fine except for the Android MTP device driver. It fails every time, and the LG PC Suite won't recognize my phone. It's on download mode, it's up on the phone screen and everything. Tried unplugging it and replugging it from both phone and computer, pulling the battery, using a different USB cable. Nothing works. Uninstalled and reinstalled LG PC Suite too. I really would rather do it this way because I don't want to lose all of the stuff on my phone, but I've been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now and I need my phone. I am seriously at my last nerve before I say screw it and just use the LG Flash tool and wipe everything. Which I really don't want to do =[ Does anyone have any other suggestions to get the PC Suite working?

I didnt loose any of my data doing this procedure:

This solution helped me! I soft bricked my LG G3 D855 European version by changing a XML file for increasing highest allowed volume as the volume is very low on the LG G3 phone. It caught me in a boot loop and I found this thread.

This is what I did:

1. Removed battery and noted down the IMEI number of my phone.
2. Opened link: csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=XXX
(Where XXX is my IMEI number WITHOUT any dashes! -> Important or your link will fail). Link gave me a kdz file to download on about 1.2 GB.
3. Started phone in Download mode (Volume Up while inserting USB cable --> Note you need LG USB drivers installed).
4. Ran LG Flash tool and chosed my kdz file that I retrieved in step 2. Pressed START and ignored any warnings.
5. The phone downloaded the kdz file to phone and restarted twice.

All good!

Top Liked Posts