[FAQ][HELP THREAD] LG G3 | Ask any question | FAQ in first post [Noob Friendly]

Search This thread

3di

Jul 10, 2007
Wiesbaden
Alas, I never got an answer to my original post, so we are both, as you correctly observed, still in the same situation. I am still inclined to believe restoring TWRP backups from similar hardware might work, but as my post suggested, I would beware of the EFS partition. In the end, I decided to spend my $$$ on an upgrade to the LG G5 H850 (the bootloader unlockable European G5), which is a good phone, although the screen is slightly smaller than the 5.5" G3 screen. I was surprised to find that there is much less development going on for the G5 than there was for the G3.

Thanks for your Reply - maybe i should have a try, maybe not, if I'll do I let you know :).
Regards

phantomaster

Jul 16, 2017
Hello,
I'm new to this kind of things. But a few days ago a friend of mine told me a few thing about rooting and instaling custom Rom on my phone so I can make it "work" faster. My phone is LG G3-D855 32gb with Android 6.0 and software version V30n-EUR-XX.
1]Wich one is the best custom Rom?
2]How to install it
3]And how to root my phone because when i type 3845#*855# it says error
Pls help, thanks in advance. ^^

Tammi Scalplock

Jul 11, 2017
My LG G3 D852 is stuck and won't let the apps do certain tasks. I keep getting the "screen overlay detected" and it advises me to settings "draw over other apps" I think it's called. But from there it's a needle in a haystack. I tried turning all the permissions to off and on, and then one at a time.. nothing. Can you please help? ?

drobacN

Jul 16, 2017
Hello everyone, my first time typing here, so let`s jump to a problem right away.

I have LG G3-D858hk and I'm facing a network problem.

First of all, I can't get any 4G network mode, tried with network settings change, changed it to LTE/GSM/WCDMA trough dialer by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. Still nothing.

The other thing i noticed is that when i speak on phone, during that call and after coversation my network changes to 2G and stays like that for some time, then it comes back to 3G.

I'm so confused and would appreciate if someone could help me, if you are from my country I'll get you a beer..

Thanks

3di

Jul 10, 2007
Wiesbaden
Hello everyone, my first time typing here, so let`s jump to a problem right away.

I have LG G3-D858hk and I'm facing a network problem.

First of all, I can't get any 4G network mode, tried with network settings change, changed it to LTE/GSM/WCDMA trough dialer by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. Still nothing.

The other thing i noticed is that when i speak on phone, during that call and after coversation my network changes to 2G and stays like that for some time, then it comes back to 3G.

I'm so confused and would appreciate if someone could help me, if you are from my country I'll get you a beer..

Thanks

I had a dying Screen problem and found the solution here https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/g3-hardware-problems-solved-bsod-screen-t3597086 - Your Problem semms to be different but maybe you could find a solution here?

*EVERY ACTION YOU PERFORM FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK*

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Hello,
I'm new to this kind of things. But a few days ago a friend of mine told me a few thing about rooting and instaling custom Rom on my phone so I can make it "work" faster. My phone is LG G3-D855 32gb with Android 6.0 and software version V30n-EUR-XX.
1]Wich one is the best custom Rom?
2]How to install it
3]And how to root my phone because when i type 3845#*855# it says error
Pls help, thanks in advance. ^^

I don't know what the best Rom is, many would say AOSP or LineageOS - What ever, I am using LineageOS (and it's predecessor CyanogenMod) for years and now, for a few weeks on LG G3.
I got 56000 Points in Atutu Benchmark (instead of 49000 on stock Rom) it isn't just a feeling that the device is litte more speedy now, and it runs very smooth.

I installed it following this guides
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/guide-how-to-install-lineag-os-t3558777
and this
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d855/install
It is commonly suggested to do a EFS Backup before flashing an Custom Rom (I did it from the TWRP Recovery).

If you are new to those things i think you should also read this:
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/guide-complete-tutorial-to-root-flash-t3098959

I hope you have fun reading more about your device.

Tammi Scalplock

Jul 11, 2017
My LG G3 D852 wont let me download apps or open certain tasks from my installed apps. Each time I try to get my app to do a certain task, I get "screen overlay detected" and it routes me to settings. I tried turning all the apps to no and nothing.. then I tried turning them all on and... Nothing. I then tried different yes's and no's to each of the apps.. very painstaking! Please can anyone help me? I'm at my wit's end..
:confused:

Sent from my LG-D852 using XDA Labs

3di

Jul 10, 2007
Wiesbaden
Do you use apps like Twilligt or any other Bluelight filter - If yes, I would uninstall just to check, and install it again later.

Best regards

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
My LG G3 D852 wont let me download apps or open certain tasks from my installed apps. Each time I try to get my app to do a certain task, I get "screen overlay detected" and it routes me to settings. I tried turning all the apps to no and nothing.. then I tried turning them all on and... Nothing. I then tried different yes's and no's to each of the apps.. very painstaking! Please can anyone help me? I'm at my wit's end..
:confused:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72610780&postcount=2

quik01

Jul 20, 2017
Hello good people at XDA!

I am currently struggling wether to keep my trusty G3, or to buy a SGS7. Two reasons - for one the SDCard slot on my device is broken, which is manageable. Secondly I miss some manual features in the otherwise really good camera. Shutter-speed and aperture namely, for low-light photography. If that would work, I would stick with the G3, and save good money :).

Is there a good way to get manual camera features on my German D855 without going full-custom ROM?

Kashif Hashmi

Nov 24, 2014
Delhi
Hello good people at XDA!

I am currently struggling wether to keep my trusty G3, or to buy a SGS7. Two reasons - for one the SDCard slot on my device is broken, which is manageable. Secondly I miss some manual features in the otherwise really good camera. Shutter-speed and aperture namely, for low-light photography. If that would work, I would stick with the G3, and save good money :).

Is there a good way to get manual camera features on my German D855 without going full-custom ROM?
Try XCam LG, it's the best camera app for LG G3 (Stock Rom or stock based).
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/app-xcam-lg-v5-1-0-t2873604

quik01

Jul 20, 2017
Try XCam LG, it's the best camera app for LG G3 (Stock Rom or stock based).
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/app-xcam-lg-v5-1-0-t2873604
Thanks, I checked it out. Its better but not what I wa looking for, because it wont let me take long-exposure photos in the dark.

So I downgraded and rooted the G3 and installed Fulmics ROM. With that I checked out several Camera-Apps, but had no luck regarding exposure-control. One app had the controls, but they had no effect.

It seems that this doesn't work anymore on Marshmellow - the working G4 cameras were supposedly on Lollypop. So I switched to a SGS7.

3di

Jul 10, 2007
Wiesbaden
Thanks, I checked it out. Its better but not what I wa looking for, because it wont let me take long-exposure photos in the dark.

So I downgraded and rooted the G3 and installed Fulmics ROM. With that I checked out several Camera-Apps, but had no luck regarding exposure-control. One app had the controls, but they had no effect.

It seems that this doesn't work anymore on Marshmellow - the working G4 cameras were supposedly on Lollypop. So I switched to a SGS7.
@quik01

Where did you find the G4 camera for the G3?
Will this work on LineageOs?!

Best regards.

Last edited:

ogcheckers

Jun 28, 2015
kovilpatti
Hi team,

Lg G3 - rooted

“the process android.process.acore has stopped working”

This error popped up a 3 months before, after a lot of home work, I uninstalled the Facebook app and the error was gone.

Day before yesterday, the error starts to pop up again making the call, contacts and the whatsapp unaccessible.

Pls help,

regards,
GaneshKumar O (og)

eeeelinen

Jan 5, 2017
How do I root my phone?
Every method this far has failed, PC and phone methods.
Is marshmallow rootable?

Pls help:(

Sent from my LGE LG-D855 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20170822_083234.jpg
    IMG_20170822_083234.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 89
Sep 13, 2017
Hello friends. Got a very weird problem in G3. I have two G3 one is broken and the other is working (borrowed it from a friend). I downloaded the drivers to my computer. The PC can detect the good/working G3 but cannot see the broken unit. Please see screenshot below.

photo.php

As you can see, the device manager can see the working G3 but not that bad one. Because of this, I cannot flash the broken G3 which is stuck in bootloop. Any advise would be highly appreciated.
PS. Sorry about the pic. I don't know how to properly upload it. Any advise on this will also be appreciated.
Thanks friends.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Hello friends. Got a very weird problem in G3. I have two G3 one is broken and the other is working (borrowed it from a friend). I downloaded the drivers to my computer. The PC can detect the good/working G3 but cannot see the broken unit. Please see screenshot below.

photo.php

As you can see, the device manager can see the working G3 but not that bad one. Because of this, I cannot flash the broken G3 which is stuck in bootloop. Any advise would be highly appreciated.
PS. Sorry about the pic. I don't know how to properly upload it. Any advise on this will also be appreciated.
Thanks friends.
Photo of Device manager broken and working G3

xBaxterx

Jun 27, 2015
Hello I really want to flash a custom rom but i have a problem my volume buttons arent working so im scared that if im stuck in a bootloop that my phone will be dead so can you somehow enter dowbload or recovery mode from bootloop or when your booting your phone

cwhiatt

May 8, 2014
Minneapolis
Hello I really want to flash a custom rom but i have a problem my volume buttons arent working so im scared that if im stuck in a bootloop that my phone will be dead so can you somehow enter dowbload or recovery mode from bootloop or when your booting your phone
The LG G3 is somewhat dated by now. If you are having issues with the volume buttons then it might be time for an upgrade anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts