[Q] Help! Won't update. Says it's rooted even if it isn't!

Search This thread

txla

Jul 26, 2014
Hi, so I rooted my phone a while back and unrooted it right away. I tried to update it but it says it's rooted. I've checked using apps if it was rooted and it said it wasn't. I've tried using the Restore Error via PC Suite but still won't update. Please please please help me!

Keeps saying software update unavailable as well. :(

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012
I had the same issue i was able to use the update function in lg update for windows. Took an hour or soo

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hi, so I rooted my phone a while back and unrooted it right away. I tried to update it but it says it's rooted. I've checked using apps if it was rooted and it said it wasn't. I've tried using the Restore Error via PC Suite but still won't update. Please please please help me!

Keeps saying software update unavailable as well. :(
Have you tried using the TOT file and LG Flash Tool? That should get you to where you can update.

- Tapatalked from the G3

txla

Jul 26, 2014
Have you tried using the TOT file and LG Flash Tool? That should get you to where you can update.

- Tapatalked from the G3

How do I do that? I've tried updating via Windows PC Suite but still won't work. Whenever I try to restore it, it says there's something wrong. Whenever I flash it, it isn't recognized or it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
You need to flash back to stock because if you check your RCT on the hidden menu it will probably say rooted. There is a way to remove the files via adb from what another memeber had posted a while ago but I would just backup my phone and flash back via KDZ or tot and dll method. If you have windows 8 be sure to disable signature verification at boot for it to work

Last edited: