Mainly those of you on LG G3 - D855, can you please perform following ?
- go to Settings --> Tethering & Networks --> Mobile Networks
- remember current mode and select as Network mode : GSM only
- check that "Use only 2G networks" is checked
- wait 5 seconds and make a test call
- listen to the attached audio noise_buzzing_G3_LG855.wma, whether you can hear similar buzzing / interference sound or not (ignore the white noise from the recording, it's simply just amplified during recording)
- vote please
- change back the settings as in step 2.
Please discuss what do you think this could be, what could be causing this. I'm getting this when I'm on GSM / 2G (Edge icon as data) and it's extremely annoying.
Mainly apparent when no UMTS network is available (3G -> LTE) or inside the buildings.
* update 28.10.2014 * As pointed out by @manaxda, you may want to try following to reproduce similar problem. Use WIRED headset, call someone WHILE USB CHARGER is connected. The apposite side will hear background noise / buzzing sound.
note : seems more people have this problem, but I would like to know how big this problem really is - eg. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...zing-isue.html, https://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/commen...einterference/, http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/poor-call-quality-distortion-noise-t2808530, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ata-calls.html