LG G3 - premium SMS problem

Search This thread
Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
I have a problem with premium SMS (shortcode numbers).
Somehow, I block this option (one I try to sent SMS on short number, I chose "NO and remember" or something like that) and aafter that I can not sent any message on any short number.
I think - this option is called Premium SMS.
I saw in some other phone models, it can be set or reset in Messages app settings, byt I have not this option in my phone.
Phone is LG G3 - D855, Android 6.0
I try tio sent mail to LG support, byt local technical support (Croatia and Serbia) - they dont know!!! ???

Thank you

Apr 3, 2017
Just delete the data / cache in settings for your Messages app
Thank you, for try to help, but it is not a solution.
I was deleting data, cash, force stop, tutn permissions off and on, reset app preferences, but noting help.
Mabye, i have to reset phone in factory default, but in this case I will lose all instaled applications and data and settings....
Any idea?
Thanks!

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
I'm sure I've seen a Setting for this somewhere around the phone -- try the Settings app, Phone and Messaging apps.

I don't have time to look for it now but I'm sure you'll find it.

Apr 3, 2017
I'm sure I've seen a Setting for this somewhere around the phone -- try the Settings app, Phone and Messaging apps.

I don't have time to look for it now but I'm sure you'll find it.

I tryed to change:

Settings/Apps/Messaging/Storage/Clear cashe
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Storage/Clear data
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Permissions
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Force stop

I also tried:
Settings/Reset app preferences/Reset

And change everything in:
Messaging/Settings/Reset settings
Messaging/Settings/Text messages
Messaging/Settings/General settings

but still no work!

I dont find "Premium messages" anywhere.

pffcouk

Aug 14, 2016
Maybe it's a setting in your carrier settings? Do you have an app placed on your phone by your SIM card?

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
I tryed to change:

Settings/Apps/Messaging/Storage/Clear cashe
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Storage/Clear data
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Permissions
Settings/Apps/Messaging/Force stop

I also tried:
Settings/Reset app preferences/Reset

And change everything in:
Messaging/Settings/Reset settings
Messaging/Settings/Text messages
Messaging/Settings/General settings

but still no work!

I dont find "Premium messages" anywhere.
I said to look for the Setting in all the apps I listed, not to start clearing the cache.

The setting on Android 7.1.1 can be found in the Special Access settings for apps from the Settings menu.

So it's setup as a permission, as opposed to app setting, as was in previous versions of Android.

Just type SMS in the search of the app.

Apr 3, 2017
I said to look for the Setting in all the apps I listed, not to start clearing the cache.

The setting on Android 7.1.1 can be found in the Special Access settings for apps from the Settings menu.

So it's setup as a permission, as opposed to app setting, as was in previous versions of Android.

Just type SMS in the search of the app.

No, sorry. In ndroid 6.0 there are no some like "special Access settings.
May I, somehow reinstal Android app - "Messaging"?

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
No, sorry. In ndroid 6.0 there are no some like "special Access settings.
May I, somehow reinstal Android app - "Messaging"?
Yes in Android 6.0 the setting is in a different place but it is still somewhere around.

Just type SMS in the search field of the Settings app.

There is no point in reinstalling the app, you already cleared your cache which means there is a setting saved somewhere that is overriding the behaviour, reinstalling the app won't help in that case as said setting will still be there.

Apr 3, 2017
Yes in Android 6.0 the setting is in a different place but it is still somewhere around.

There is no point in reinstalling the app, you already cleared your cache which means there is a setting saved somewhere that is overriding the behaviour, reinstalling the app won't help in that case as said setting will still be there.

Maybe I do something completly wrong...

But, there are no search field in Settings app.

and there are not any apps with "SMS" in the name.

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe I do something completly wrong...

But, there are no search field in Settings app.

and there are not any apps with "SMS" in the name.
Sorry for the late answer. Seems like my memories of Android 6.0 are hazy and the menu is somewhere else as I mentioned.

Seems like quite a few people can't find it since the Setting is burried deeper than usual: https://www.google.bg/search?q=andr...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

This links in particular seems to hold a good answer:
https://support.google.com/nexus/forum/AAAANseOu18WjO0Sz5N-ew/?hl=en

ginger.agg

Aug 19, 2017

In earlier android you need to edit system app
Message services - there's a permissions section
(When viewing apps select show system apps in right hand corner)

I need to change mine but it's the newer version of android and the permission settings have moved :( ...still looking :(

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
In earlier android you need to edit system app
Message services - there's a permissions section
(When viewing apps select show system apps in right hand corner)

I need to change mine but it's the newer version of android and the permission settings have moved :( ...still looking :(
Are you asking about Android 7.0?

Settings -> Apps -> Click the gear icon -> Special Access (it's under the Advanced tab at the bottom, not in App Permissions) -> Premium SMS Access