We're back again, and have something great to post for everyone!
What is this?
Glad you asked!
This is a followup to Stump ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...rizon-t2850906 ) that allows you to flash Bump'd boot images to your LG G3.
But wait? I thought you said this is an unlock?!
It is! You can flash anything that's been Bump'd, and Bump'ing a boot image is easy to do, and I'll put a post on XDA on how to do that in a week or so once I have all the details finalized.
Most ROMs you'll want to download will be pre-Bump'd, so as an end user there's nothing you need to worry about.
Is this similar to Loki?
No, you will not need to ensure your firmware version matches exactly with the ROM you have. You will only need to make sure that the ROM you downloaded is compatible with your carrier.
What carriers is this compatible with?
This is compatible with all LG G3 variants. Look for a post in your XDA subforum with Bump to download. If the download link does not have your model in it (i.e. for ATT you'd download a D850 image), then make sure you're downloading from the correct forum post.
How do I use this?
- You must be rooted for this to work! Any root method that works for your device will work.
- A working ADB installation and familiarity with it. This thread is NOT the place to post questions about how to install/use ADB. Posts asking such questions will be deleted.
- Download the file linked below to your computer
- Set your phone to MTP mode, and copy the downloaded file to your phone's INTERNAL SD Card
- Open a command prompt window on your computer, and run these commands one at a time (YOU WILL GET AN 'out of space' ERROR ON THE ZERO PART, IGNORE IT!) - copy and paste them if you must.
Edit CHANGEME to your phone's model, make sure it matches the file you downloaded. Capitalization matters!
adb shell su dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery dd if=/sdcard/twrp-184.108.40.206_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Easy, right? You can now get into recovery as follows:
- Power off the phone, and unplug USB
- Hold Volume Down + Power
- When you see the LG logo, keep holding Volume Down, release Power and quickly press it again.
- Continue holding both Volume Down and Power until you see the "Factory Reset" screen (if you have Bump installed, it won't erase your data, don't worry!)
- Press Volume Down, then Power to confirm
- Press Volume Down again, and Power to confirm once again
Who made this?
Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!
- @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
- @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
- @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
- @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
- @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
- @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!
Your donations help us continue bringing you great mods for your phones, thanks to everyone who has already donated and to those who have pledged to do so!
Where do I download this?
You can download the latest version of TWRP that's been Bump'd here:
Simply download the appropriate version for your phone's model.
DO NOT MIRROR these links, and NO, you may NOT include this in any toolkits. I will hunt you down and stare at you until you feel bad about yourself if you do.
This includes news outlets - DO NOT mirror these files. Please use the link as it is above.
Help! I have questions!
Come on over to #lg-g3 on Freenode IRC and ask your question, someone should be able to help you!
DO NOT private message me asking for help on IRC or on XDA, I will ignore you!