Bump! - Unlock your LG G3 with TWRP! (D855 / D852 / D852g / F400)

Search This thread

hergen66

Aug 7, 2013
Berlin
is it still require to bump with marshmallow ? i mean i have been facing some issues regarding rooting so please guide me
It's not possible to bump with marshmallow. You first need to downgrade your bootloader to Kitkat (see below).
1) i want to root d855 , what is valid method in 2017, i have seen many vidoes and red threads but all are different and everyone doesnt have same results
Kingroot should do the trick for temporary root, which is sufficient for the following step.
2) After rooting stock rom, how can i flash latest recovery to flash fulmics and nougat based roms ?
After the device is rooted, use Autorec to downgrade the bootloader and flash a recovery (twrp). Make sure, you use the correct Autorec version matching your stock rom (K/L/M), otherwise you'll end up with a brick. After TWRP is flashed, you can flash any custom rom from there.
3) what is the purpose of bump if it is even not mentioned in any rooting thread or video ?
Bump is actually a leaked LG signing key and a tool to apply that key to a ROM. It is the method of choice to unlock the d855 bootloader.

Most ROMs for the d855 already come pre-bumped, so you do not need to care about bump. You do, however, need a bump-compatible (Kitkat) bootloader.

Reactions: nimo9 and zainchuu

zainchuu

May 27, 2017
It's not possible to bump with marshmallow. You first need to downgrade your bootloader to Kitkat (see below).

Kingroot should do the trick for temporary root, which is sufficient for the following step.

After the device is rooted, use Autorec to downgrade the bootloader and flash a recovery (twrp). Make sure, you use the correct Autorec version matching your stock rom (K/L/M), otherwise you'll end up with a brick. After TWRP is flashed, you can flash any custom rom from there.

Bump is actually a leaked LG signing key and a tool to apply that key to a ROM. It is the method of choice to unlock the d855 bootloader.

Most ROMs for the d855 already come pre-bumped, so you do not need to care about bump. You do, however, need a bump-compatible (Kitkat) bootloader.

Auto reck for specific (K/L/M) model means ? What if i have d855 ?

kingsmaster

Sep 22, 2017
I bought a g3 korean f400l it has preloaded upgraded stock marshmallow. But my g3 is not going into recovery mod. Because i want to root and install a custom recovery on it so i decided to downgraded to kitkat. I download f400l tot and dll file from cowstorage and successfully downgrade it. After restarting in startup setup mcafee wants a pin then i wrongly prssed some keys and then device locked by kill switch.mcafee says that we will mail your key to cjslove92@gmail.com. which is not my address.because i bought it second hand. Then i manage to remove kill switch with help of xda site but now i have lolli pop but no stock recovery what i have to do now. I want to install custom recovery and custom rom. Please help me.i want to enable hardware keys to enter in recovery . i used adb but when it goes into recovery there is only an Android with a yellow sign. Now i stuck on lollipop.

ochomdnl

Apr 23, 2013
kampala
I'm a lil confused here, I have ls990 and I rooted it, installed twrp (via twrp official app), haven't installed any roms so far, I'm on stock LP and here I got to know about bump. not sure what it does or help. Question
1. can I flash roms the normal way
2. whats bump in detail, and how do I know my bootloader is locked or something
3 will the roms not work, when not bumped or something

thanks

chandruilkal

Jun 27, 2009
Hello I have LG G3 D855 lollipop rooted flashed twrp bump image but i can go up to factory reset before getting into recovery and after pressing factory reset phone goes off blank and only red and blue indication is shown. I can remove battery and boot normally. Where am i doing wrong? Tried with so many recoveries. But not getting into recovery. Help Please.

jrickman51

May 2, 2017
Hello I have LG G3 D855 lollipop rooted flashed twrp bump image but i can go up to factory reset before getting into recovery and after pressing factory reset phone goes off blank and only red and blue indication is shown. I can remove battery and boot normally. Where am i doing wrong? Tried with so many recoveries. But not getting into recovery. Help Please.

Try flashing your recovery, TWRP, using flashify from play store, then find and download Mr Bump, flash that after flashing your recovery, you can do all this through your phone. Do not reboot into recovery until you've flashed Mr Bump. This should take care of your problem, let me know how it works out for you, last thing try to dl TWRP 2.8.7 I think it's the version, point is . find an early recovery, flash Bump then after recovery is working upgrade to a later version. Good luck.

pvhien

Mar 10, 2010

I'm second to this. It's seemed the boot certificate verification was failed as I got these error message at boot screen after execute "adb reboot recovery"
ERROR: boot certification verify
Secure booting error!
Cause: boot certification verify

Should I do something with the bootloader before flashing bump?

Thanks.

Bencoderus

Aug 19, 2016
Please how do I boot into recovery on f400 Using hardware buttons, I have tried every combo have found on the internet yet non is working please someone help

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
Reactions: Bencoderus

WizaxTheKid

Feb 12, 2013
Error....

hi!
I have tried installing the TWRP you link here (and the latest from twrps official site).
but whatever I do, when I try to enter recovery mode, it goves a boot error and flashes red/blue LED...

what to do?

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Maine
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Could you guys add us cellular us990? i just flashed the newest twrp with flashify like a noob and soft bricked myself. Now i get a secure boot error and the lg screen just loops. Wish i had seen this thread before i did that?

mgw2015

Mar 12, 2015
not working

:eek: I can confirm this definitely doesn't work on LG3 Europe w/ Android 5.0 & SW Version V20f

Emma Mensah

Dec 24, 2016
I am having d851..kitkat...i flashed twrp for it from twrp site and just show blackscreen with led changing colours.....i then flashed the first version(oldest) and it shows secure boot failure and then the blackscreen again....pls i need help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

We're back again, and have something great to post for everyone!

kfYiLOz.png

What is this?

Glad you asked!
    This is a followup to Stump ( http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/root-stump-root-lg-g3-sprint-verizon-t2850906 ) that allows you to flash Bump'd boot images to your LG G3.

But wait? I thought you said this is an unlock?!
    It is! You can flash anything that's been Bump'd, and Bump'ing a boot image is easy to do, and I'll put a post on XDA on how to do that in a week or so once I have all the details finalized.
    Most ROMs you'll want to download will be pre-Bump'd, so as an end user there's nothing you need to worry about.

Is this similar to Loki?
    No, you will not need to ensure your firmware version matches exactly with the ROM you have. You will only need to make sure that the ROM you downloaded is compatible with your carrier.

What carriers is this compatible with?
    This is compatible with all LG G3 variants. Look for a post in your XDA subforum with Bump to download. If the download link does not have your model in it (i.e. for ATT you'd download a D850 image), then make sure you're downloading from the correct forum post.

How do I use this?

Prerequisites:
    • You must be rooted for this to work! Any root method that works for your device will work.
    • A working ADB installation and familiarity with it. This thread is NOT the place to post questions about how to install/use ADB. Posts asking such questions will be deleted.

Instructions:
    1. Download the file linked below to your computer
    2. Set your phone to MTP mode, and copy the downloaded file to your phone's INTERNAL SD Card
    3. Open a command prompt window on your computer, and run these commands one at a time (YOU WILL GET AN 'out of space' ERROR ON THE ZERO PART, IGNORE IT!) - copy and paste them if you must.
      Edit CHANGEME to your phone's model, make sure it matches the file you downloaded. Capitalization matters!
      Code:
      adb shell
      su
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp-2.8.0.0_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Easy, right? You can now get into recovery as follows:
    1. Power off the phone, and unplug USB
    2. Hold Volume Down + Power
    3. When you see the LG logo, keep holding Volume Down, release Power and quickly press it again.
    4. Continue holding both Volume Down and Power until you see the "Factory Reset" screen (if you have Bump installed, it won't erase your data, don't worry!)
    5. Press Volume Down, then Power to confirm
    6. Press Volume Down again, and Power to confirm once again
    7. Congrats!

Who made this?

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
    Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!
    • @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
    • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
    • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
    • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
    • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
    • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

Your donations help us continue bringing you great mods for your phones, thanks to everyone who has already donated and to those who have pledged to do so!

Where do I download this?

You can download the latest version of TWRP that's been Bump'd here:
    Simply download the appropriate version for your phone's model.
    Code:
    [URL="http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lg_g3/bump/"]http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lg_g3/bump/[/URL]
    Edit: added d855!

DO NOT MIRROR these links, and NO, you may NOT include this in any toolkits. I will hunt you down and stare at you until you feel bad about yourself if you do.
    This includes news outlets - DO NOT mirror these files. Please use the link as it is above.

Help! I have questions!

Come on over to #lg-g3 on Freenode IRC and ask your question, someone should be able to help you!
    DO NOT private message me asking for help on IRC or on XDA, I will ignore you!
    Bump! site release tomorrow (Monday morning) - rejoice peoples, custom ROMs are almost here!

AOSP for select devices is already staged and ready for general use too! Don't worry, we haven't abandoned you all - we've been hard at work behind the scenes despite all the raging over here ;)

For now, I'm off to bed so I can be around tomorrow first thing in the morning for a release thread.
    I'm betting they're just placeholders for now...

We're working with the teams to ensure Bump integration into their build process through our API before we release the whole shebang.
    With that said, though, we're still waiting a bit before releasing Bump into the wild. We don't know what this next OTA is going to do, and we'd like to ensure we have a handle on it before we give the community a tool that they could potentially use to brick mass amounts of phones.

Remember here: if we go and just say "screw LG" we're going to make them hate us - which is not our goal. Releasing a tool that bricks users phones after an OTA accidentally, ergo driving up their repair costs, is not in our best interests.
    If the OTA comes out and Bump is patched, we'll figure out how it's patched and make Bump work with it.

Regarding OTAs - just flash TWRP, and you won't be able to take an OTA for the most part. You'll boot to TWRP and the update will fail (or so it would seem). Us waiting to release a Bump tool does not bother anyone who wants to ensure their device remains unlocked. Simply flash TWRP and disable OTA and you're good to go. There's no magical clock hanging over your head here for "time left to unlock".

Also, in regards to everyone PMing me asking for me to Bump things for them:
    Please remember that I am not a robot, I also have a day job. Private messaging me and asking "hey man can u bump dis 4 me?" then not linking your image, or disconnecting from IRC shortly after asking does me and you no good. I cannot read your mind, or download from a magical URL that I do not have ;)
    Secondly, we're trying to ensure proper trust here - what I don't want to see is a 3rd party distributing a Bump'd ROM until we have the site up and figured out what's going on with the newest possible OTA efforts.

I realize this isn't a popular opinion, however we'd really appreciate your understanding when it comes to this.
    We released Bump a bit too early, honestly we should have waited another 3 or so months so that it wouldn't get patched on this phone's lifecycle. Unfortunately, we got ahead of ourselves and need to sit back and think this one through before we potentially either cause issues with future devices, or make LG lock the phones down so tight that Samsung phones seem like easy targets.

Again, to everyone who's been patient and helpful - extra thanks to you guys. We've got your back, it's just gonna take some more time :)
    Dear Jeebus this thread is getting ridiculous.

First, timmytim didn't have official access to the site. We didn't condone him bumping a few images, however as he's been honest with us and understanding, we're in no way upset.

Second, I had been manually bumping images for select developers here and there. As of now, that process is no longer. I will *not* be bumping any images manually for any developers.

We'll release the Bump site when it is ready.
    We have taken the beta site we were using for testing offline and it will only return when the site is 100% finished.

Some of this craziness is just driving me up a wall, you guys. This crap needs to stop now.
    to take the bounty and run.. that would suggest that more than 1/3 of the bounty was paid out. lol.

thank you to 25% of you that kept your word on pledges. and thank you to those who did not pledge but donated after the release. seriously, it's much appreciated by everyone on the team. I assume the remaining 75% are waiting for the Bump site to go live? :D

And it's funny that this thread sees the most complaining... but this specific thread is for all the models that had no part in the bounty... and is where we are seeing the least amount of donations. And no... this dev work isn't about the money.. but when people wanna bring money/bounty into the convo.. I have no issue being transparent. And again... thank you to those of you who did not have models part of the bounty and still chose to donate.

as for the hold up on Bump site... building a brand new site to handle everything takes time. the onslaught of attacks from China after the mention of Bump has increased drastically... and once the Bump site launches will only attract more attacks. I assume that no one is considering all the server protection and backend work that is required to properly defend the server without ever going down from all the DDOS attacks and everything else going on. Plus database management... UI coding... backend coding..

Also, there is lots of dev work going on behind the scenes in regards to AOSP... which you'll all cry about anyway due to camera not working. Everyone needs to relax.. we have an ENTIRE LG community to take care of... it's a lot bigger than just getting you a kernel so you can overclock your G3.