FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX][SHARPENING][ALL VARIANTS][29.01.2015] Sharpening Mod Script v. 3.5

2,490 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,254

By Skin1980, Recognized Developer on 30th November 2014, 07:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys... probably you remember this thread: [FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix

Those kernel aren't good as the stock ones because i builded them from source without any fix ( this is also the reason why they take some time to boot ).
Additionally some doesn't like the sharpening completely disable and want to try differents values.

Here i come with this new Aroma Scripts. Just flash it in recovery, select your preferred value between 0 to 40 ( 0 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 ), install and reboot.

This might be compatible with all kernels ( also AOSP ) but i didn't test for all so i need your feedback.

Installation:

- Copy the zip in your device;
- Reboot in recovery and do a backup of your boot partition ( just to be safe );
- Install the zip;
- reboot your device.

IMPORTANT: Remember to put your screen off 1 time to make it working.

Changelog:

v.2.0 - Now stock Kitkat ROM might works tnx to my new livebump script
v.2.5 - Script Fix
v.3.0 - Added all values from 00 to 40
v.3.5 Better compatibility

If you are asking to yourself if this is safe to try the answer is : YES. Just do a backup of your boot partition before install the script. If your device will not boot reboot in recovery, restore your boot partition and you are good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sharpening-Mod-1.0-beta.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.25 MB, 2736 views)
File Type: zip Sharpening-Mod-2.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.85 MB, 862 views)
File Type: zip Sharpening-Mod-2.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.85 MB, 972 views)
File Type: zip Sharpening-Mod-3.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.85 MB, 21774 views)
File Type: zip Sharpening-Mod-3.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.46 MB, 60668 views)
The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to Skin1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th November 2014, 07:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi ! I flashed your last chupachups kernel with oversharpening fix implemented but my g3 runs your lollipop rom (the one already rooted), not your chupachups release. Everything is fine for now. Is there any reason to flash a stock kernel and apply this mod instead ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
30th November 2014, 07:54 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,254

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djuicecola

Hi ! I flashed your last chupachups kernel with oversharpening fix implemented but my g3 runs your lollipop rom (the one already rooted), not your chupachups release. Everything is fine for now. Is there any reason to flash a stock kernel and apply this mod instead ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Chupa Kernel is enouth good but the kitkat kernel i posted aren't. So i think that is better to use this instead of thoose kernels.

Plus, with this, you can select your preferred value ( some guys didn't like the sharpening completely disabled ) and might be universal ( stock - AOSP )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skin1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 09:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
boot error
i encountered an boot error and the led is blinking blue and red. glad i have the backup and just restore

edit: i just saw kernel already bumped tha'ts why. im using the kernel with oversharpening fix
30th November 2014, 09:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 155

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Direct kernel patching, now this is really nice
Thank you so much for the hard work you put in.
I'll test later today and report back.

I had a look into the updater script and it extracts two folders tmp and sbin, but the zip only contains tmp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

EDIT: For now this works only in kernel already bumped

I am using a stock ROM with root and TWRP, did not flash anything (besides temperature mod).
Does this mean my device is good to go for this?
(Never completely got my head around bump root, bump unlock, bumped kernels, and when a dev needs bump)

Thank you.

Regards,
sub
30th November 2014, 09:44 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew261920

i encountered an boot error and the led is blinking blue and red. glad i have the backup and just restore

edit: i just saw kernel already bumped tha'ts why. im using the kernel with oversharpening fix

Same for me, o had modified kernel without oversharpening, flash back stock, and try the new mod an did not work

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk
30th November 2014, 09:44 AM |#7  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Sick script man.

One problem setting the value to "20" cause a security check error on boot. Other values "0, 25, 5" are okay.
Been using stock aosp kernel without the os patch.
30th November 2014, 09:47 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloworld294

Sick script man.

One problem setting the value to "20" cause a security check error on boot. Other values "0, 25, 5" are okay.

My only test was with 20 values, can be this the problem or is because is not working with stock kernel?

30th November 2014, 09:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Sick script man.

i used the 20 value also, but i did not try the other value, so the 0,25 and 5 are working?
30th November 2014, 09:56 AM |#10  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila73

My only test was with 20 values, can be this the problem or is because is not working with stock kernel?

Nevermind, I tried choosing "20" again and all went well. I guess the script glitched and didn't patch correctly.
Its working with all kernels.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew261920

i used the 20 value also, but i did not try the other value, so the 0,25 and 5 are working?

Yes, all is well.
30th November 2014, 09:57 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Nevermind, I tried choosing "20" again and all went well. I guess the script glitched and didn't patch correctly.
Its working with all kernels.

So you think o should try it again even if i m using stock kernel or o must first flash back the skin not oversharpening kernel?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)