FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix.

2,490 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,259

By Skin1980, Recognized Developer on 24th November 2014, 01:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2015, 03:47 AM |#171  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,259

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copy2050

I have a doubt, when you say: "...just flash the kernel in recovery", it means this is a kernel mod? i want to try this but i dont know the requirements! my phone are the D855 Europe/International version 32GB/3GB, have the 5.0 Lollipop Stock ROM, rooted, have TWRP but doesnt have Unlocked Bootloader, so...this mean i cant flash it? or is based on stock kernel and have no problem to do that?

and, if i backe'd up all system, check all boxes in TWRP i can restore it in case of fail? Thanks

(i really have some dificulties to o this on LG phones, i dont wanna brick my device, if was a sony im not affraid because sony is no problem...but LG is hard!)

If you have the twrp then you are on KK bootloader so bump is supported. Instead of theese kernels flash the script that someone linked some posts above, works better.

11th May 2015, 12:49 PM |#172  
Account currently disabled
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

If you have the twrp then you are on KK bootloader so bump is supported. Instead of theese kernels flash the script that someone linked some posts above, works better.

thanks for your advice! i flash the script...and the screen looks better on text! its amazing now.
2nd July 2015, 11:49 AM |#173  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 603

More
If I flash Gabriel Kernel on top of the 3.5 Script, will it loose the effect?

Do I have to reflash the script?
2nd July 2015, 12:47 PM |#174  
Account currently disabled
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergini

If I flash Gabriel Kernel on top of the 3.5 Script, will it loose the effect?

Do I have to reflash the script?

Gabriel Kernel already have this MOD builted in!
2nd July 2015, 12:59 PM |#175  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Oh rly?

I read about some problems between the script and Gabriel Kernel?
23rd July 2015, 05:08 AM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
So is the recommended setting to completely turn off sharpness? that's what I do with tvs at least.
28th August 2015, 07:01 AM |#177  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Screen saturation, colors and contrast are very different after reboot befote turning off the screen thr first time. It's much more saturated and contrast is better.

After turning thr screen off and on, sharpening is gone but so is the great contrast and colors.

Anyone else with this issue?
2nd November 2015, 10:33 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Right team.

Done a bit of assement of the sharpening values. For people wanting to keep the crispness of the screen yet reduce artifacts. These are the settings I recommend for stock roms.

Sharpening to 30.

For non stock its a different game. 0 works for them.

With a 30 or perhaps 29,28,27 you remove artifacts while keeping the crisp nature of the display that LG intended. If you go any lower than about 25, you will find that your eyes struggle to focus on the screen. At least I did. Perhaps that was why LG implemented.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orcam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Orcam Ad-Free
29th July 2017, 07:10 PM |#179  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
f460 work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)