FORUMS

[Lock Screen Weather]

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By ZigZaGz, Member on 16th August 2014, 02:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is the MODDED LGKeyguard.apk for the lock screen weather effects on a LG G3 F400K with the 10G software. It may be compatible with other version but I am only able to test with what I have.

Requires Root Access!

Instruction: Download and extract apk to phone somewhere you no where to find it. Backup the old LGKeyguard.apk and LGKeyguard.ODEX.

1)----->Install the Modded apk in th system/priv-app and set permission rw-r--r-- or permissions 644.
2)----->Next delete the LGKeyguard.odex from the system/priv-app and reboot phone.
3)----->Should get the optimizing/upgrading on reboot and hopefully weather effects on lock screen.
4)----->Make sure you have sync on and a weather widget somewhere as it seems to require them to work.(See post #34)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGKeyguard.zip - [Click for QR Code] (18.07 MB, 27398 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to ZigZaGz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZigZaGz Ad-Free
16th August 2014, 07:47 AM |#2  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Thanks. Working well on D855 V10J .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyawthettun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyawthettun Ad-Free
18th August 2014, 05:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZaGz

Here is the MODDED LGKeyguard.apk for the lock screen weather effects on a LG G3 F400K with the 10G software. It may be compatible with other version but I am only able to test with what I have.

Instruction: Download and extract apk to phone somewhere you no where to find it. Backup the old LGKeyguard.apk and LGKeyguard.ODEX.

1)----->Install the Modded apk in th system/priv-app and set permission rw-r--r-- or permissions 644.
2)----->Next delete the LGKeyguard.odex from the system/priv-app and reboot phone.
3)----->Should get the optimizing/upgrading on reboot and hopefully weather effects on lock screen.

İt works on V10İ and V10E thanks mate.

By the way never try the keyguard.apk in this page on v10x versions it gives the systemui.error and you can't do anything on homescreen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deagles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deagles Ad-Free
18th August 2014, 09:01 PM |#4  
Flag Lokeren
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Any screenshots?
18th August 2014, 11:14 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matdestr

Any screenshots?

It is just the stock lock screen with all the weather animations enabled. So it looks just like stock but has the cloudy,sunshine,etc.
19th August 2014, 12:26 PM |#6  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,971

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matdestr

Any screenshots?

Like so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jruvafc1s...730_113920.png
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pfeffernuss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pfeffernuss Ad-Free
19th August 2014, 12:53 PM |#7  
Flag Amberg
Thanks Meter: 363

More
would you be so kind and share your wallpaper pls?

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Btw did u change the nav bar ??? Mine looks different than before... the buttons are now grey and not white anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to sille For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sille Ad-Free
19th August 2014, 06:29 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flooi

would you be so kind and share your wallpaper pls?

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Btw did u change the nav bar ??? Mine looks different than before... the buttons are now grey and not white anymore

If you are talking about the LGKeyguard.apk this does not effect your status bar or home/search/return bar, only the lock screen. You would need to check your settings in the display area I think which has like 4 options for what you are describing I believe. It is possible it resest to default but I believe white was the default for home bar. The status bar would not be selectable that I know of unless you modified framework(i.e. Xposed).
19th August 2014, 09:39 PM |#9  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 41

More
so does this stay on the lockscreen? on my phone right now i see the clouds or sun fade in then fade out and thats it
20th August 2014, 12:52 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusslesprouts

so does this stay on the lockscreen? on my phone right now i see the clouds or sun fade in then fade out and thats it

Yes, that is the way it works. The cloudy animation was previously turned off. The animations only display once when you turn the phone on and you see the lock screen. The also reflect what the weather is available thru the weather app/widget.
20th August 2014, 08:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZaGz

Yes, that is the way it works. The cloudy animation was previously turned off. The animations only display once when you turn the phone on and you see the lock screen. The also reflect what the weather is available thru the weather app/widget.

Took backup of existing LGKeyguard apk and odex file from /system/priv-app folder.
Removed both files.
Added the LGKeyguard.apk file from the attachment in OP and set the permissions to 644 and rebooted.
No weather on lockscreen
I am using D855 indian version and currently rooted on 10i.
Yes, the weather animation box is ticked in display settings under lockscreen.

Any advice as to what could be the problem or if i did anything in correctly and what i can do to fix???

Regards,
Pdash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)