[MOD] Kronic UI for Stock MM (status bar (aosp/network indi) QSettings / Notifcation)

Search This thread

moreogthanu

Jul 3, 2016
Android is starting text gets all screwed up and system ui fc

I have an lg-d852 running stock v30b and i don't have custom recovery so i use root explorer and it works great but when i change the framework and system ui and set the permissions i reboot and the android is starting text gets screwed and the wallpaper keeps on going black and keeps on showing up i saw this theme and it looks hands down beautiful and i cant downgrade to kitkat or use autorec so is there a work around this or can you fix it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off this is not verified working on every variant but i think it will work. It is safe to test. If it does work on your variant please post what rom you are using and your variant model so i can monitor compatibility.

- Features -
    * NEW * network speed indicator for status bar (in / out / in and out) modes, enabled in settings > display > bottom of page. Included in any versions 2 or higher (may have less compatibility then version 1)
    (added a screenshot that includes what the indicator looks like)
    removed User icon from keyguard status bar, removed padding for space.
    aosp style status bar (clock not included yet - to get circle clock use g3 tweaksbox xposed module)
    custom data in/out indicator included in merged data icon (aosp style)
    slightly modified pulldown (quicksettings and notification screen) with new theme (black background (not full black but close to it) and bright blue foreground)
    bright blue navigation buttons
    themed lockscreen notification popups (recommend to use dark lockscreen wallpaper) Left the non notification writing white for now because i have blue in my wallpaper so it's readable, i can make an alternate version with blue writing if someone really wants it (for clock etc).
    did not finish the quicksettings themes for qslide and qremote notification widgets - if someone really wants this finished ask... i don't use it.
    removed quicksetting animation because i find them lame and not at all impressive. ( just on and off now or multistate)
    - See screenshot for preview
    - updates coming (possibilities include dialer, contacts, settings apps and more, accepting requests)

To be sure uninstaller will work (especially when testing for first time) This is the process. (this is to ensure that people using other variant roms have a backup if there is an incompatibility)
    this is originally made from d852 bell/rogers stock MM rom, but i suspect will work with all stock variants that aren't heavily modified
    - using a root file explorer copy these two files (system/framework/framework-res.apk // system/priv-app/LGSystemUI/LGSystemUI.apk)
    - using a good zip utility (i do this in windows with 7-zip) replace those same two files in the same paths in the uninstaller flashable zip. This will ensure you get the exact same original files when you flash the uninstaller. The ones that come with the uninstaller are from the rom version stated above.

Kronic UI V 2.0= http://bit.ly/25H8tfO (do full backup before trying this one unless you are using Denerom MM stock rom.)
    Kronic UI V 1.1= bit.ly/1TPBBqh
    V 1.1 Uninstaller= bit.ly/1TOsTxN

Screenshots Below - Feel free to leave any questions or bugs reports or suggestions for improvement. For bugs please give a screenshot and preferably use paint to circle the issue unless it's easy to pickup

Install instructions
    - create full backup (do this for first install to make sure there is no compatibility issues, or at least do what i said above and backup proper files)
    - reboot to recovery
    - flash installer or uninstaller
    - reboot (no cache wipe required)

google blue on black wallpaper to find wallpapers that look nice with this theme.

-BUGS-
    I found a bug where the font size in display settings doesn't show properly, the xml data is showing, feature still works (changing font sizes) will fix in future release. ** this bug is fixed i'll include the fix in the next build !!!
    one user had issue with making phone calls (this bug is unverified as its only one person, if another person has this bug please let us know) haven't heard back if other dialers work yet.

-- Verified working on --
    d852 stock mm
    d852 denerom
    f460l v30c

--not working on--

--unsure free to try--
    everything else

-- Total downloads so far (courtesy of bitly counter)
    80 as of June 15

Credits
    LG Electronics for base rom
    @Dene_Bluesman (providing base rom)
    @Morningstar (network speed indicator mod implementation guide)
    @temasek (source for network speed indicator mod)
    @KronicSkillz (network speed indicator implementation, custom stock UI theme, aosp status bar with custom data indi)

IF i messed up any credits let me know i'll fix.
    Since you are fairly new around here let me fill you in on something. You never ask developers for when something will be finished. That's very rude.

With that said and done I did find one odd bug on version 2.0. This is on my Verizon VS985 running the latest Adazi ROM which is based off the VS985 47A Marshmallow 6.0 stock firmware. Anyways as you can see on my attached picture any prompt that has two options on the notification drop down has black text instead of blue text.

Also is there a chance the charging/collecting battery info thing can be removed on the next version? I swear I have that option turned off with G3 Tweaks Box but it seems like this theme overrides that.

that version is a part match, that's why your icons for qs didn't change. That rom version points to different framework or systemui icon files.

I might be able to fix the black text you speak of but are you sure it is every notification with a double prompt? Sometimes text or buttons on notifications can be defined from within the app itself (like tweaksbox) Let me know if you have another notification that is the same. In the case of colors being designed from within another app and not by the system framework i can't change it without hacking the app which isn't worth it.

as far as the charging text that can be removed. I would just need to find the layout file and turn it to 0dp height(i think) unless it references a generic layout file from java then i would have to take a diff approach, i'm not sure if i could make it switchable with tweaksbox or not i'd have to look into that, the method i mentioned would make it disappear forever.
    Link for wallpaper? Thanks.

it's cropped from this picture. i appreciate the thanks but i appreciate the thanks button even more =D

i don't own this i found it on google images.
    When it will be finish?

Since you are fairly new around here let me fill you in on something. You never ask developers for when something will be finished. That's very rude.

With that said and done I did find one odd bug on version 2.0. This is on my Verizon VS985 running the latest Adazi ROM which is based off the VS985 47A Marshmallow 6.0 stock firmware. Anyways as you can see on my attached picture any prompt that has two options on the notification drop down has black text instead of blue text.

Also is there a chance the charging/collecting battery info thing can be removed on the next version? I swear I have that option turned off with G3 Tweaks Box but it seems like this theme overrides that.